Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Nos

Old 10-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nos

Anyone ever put NOS in their Srt-6?

Old 10-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Nos

Mine is a limited, but yes.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had a 50 wet shot in my previous Miata (hence the NXMX5), but haven't done it in the crossfire (yet ) -- maybe in the spring --

and please don't call it NOS and NAWS and etc. it sucks that nitrous got so much 'fast n furious' attention --

Old 10-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by psuperti
Mine is a limited, but yes.
when will you post some dyno or track numbers? or have you yet to crack the bottle on it?

Old 10-22-2006, 11:36 PM

Perhaps with a pulley and ecm tune water with alcohol maybe a safer way to get some more power without the huge reproductions. I'm not sure but I believe there is no intercooler on the srt-6. So this would be a way to cool down the air and also give the added extra hp upon injection.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 AM

There is a water to water intercooler on the SRT-6 that has its own electric pump.
It does its job, but only keeps it running about the same temp as the engine coolant, since that is what it uses to push through the intercooler in front of the radiator before it gets to the supercharger.

I have been thinking about adding a water/alcohol injection system to it, to help reduce the air intake temps which would and add some hp due to the cooler temps and the alcohol. The system would be self activated upon boost, so it would only spray when it sees a certain amount of boost.

In the SRT-4 world, people use it all the time, and actually use windshield washer fluid to spray into the intake just before the throttle body.
On the SRT-6 though, I'd probably spray it after the throttle body and supercharger...I'd put it in the "Y" pipe/pressure pipe after the supercharger, because I'm not sure it would be a good idea to spray water/alcohol into the supercharger...

Last edited by Eracer76; 10-23-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if that's all you're doing, how about this? http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/Ntercooler.htm

Old 10-23-2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by former NXMX5
if that's all you're doing, how about this? http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/Ntercooler.htm
Go with the NX 75 shot EFI Universal system, that's the one I have.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by dynamicS
when will you post some dyno or track numbers? or have you yet to crack the bottle on it?
I posted track times last week. I do not want to pay for I dyno until I run out of things to buy, I just got the SP, Super e-Ram and a lot of chrome parts...
I think I may be moving your way soon, so I can take you for a ride and in return you can show me a good dyno shop.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Eracer76
I have been thinking about adding a water/alcohol injection system to it, to help reduce the air intake temps which would and add some hp due to the cooler temps and the alcohol. The system would be self activated upon boost, so it would only spray when it sees a certain amount of boost.

In the SRT-4 world, people use it all the time, and actually use windshield washer fluid to spray into the intake just before the throttle body.
On the SRT-6 though, I'd probably spray it after the throttle body and supercharger...I'd put it in the "Y" pipe/pressure pipe after the supercharger, because I'm not sure it would be a good idea to spray water/alcohol into the supercharger...
Here is my post from a different thread you might find useful:

Almost always, an acceleration issue with the SRT6 is related to the supercharger coolant pump. The techs almost always replace the temp sensor first because of the air temp codes. But the air temp codes are set, because the coolant pump fails and the air temp goes up. While its under warranty, you might as well have the dealer replace the pump. But here is my little fix to the problem that is cheap and works extremely well. I made my own supercharger radiator spray kit that not only helps the performance of the vehicle, but will lead to longer supercharger and coolant pump life. First add a bottle of redline coolant additive to the coolant reservoir, to make sure the coolant has the best heat dissipation properties (drain some coolant if necessary). I mounted 2 nozzles in front of the supercharger radiator about 5 inches apart, at approximately the center. I used a universal washer fluid pump and some rubber tubing. The pump kicks on, with a boost activated switch, and sprays a water/rubbing alcohol mist on the front surface of the radiator any time it sees boost. I used a 8 inch SPAL electric fan to help pull the mist into the fins at slower speeds. I mounted a manual switch inside to kick on the sprayer, while sitting still, for street and drag runs (you can cool the supercharger coolant/intake temp, for a much better launch) The tank, which is just a washer fluid universal tank, can be mounted anywhere, but I chose behind the passenger seat, on the floor, to keep it cooler and keep the electric pump out of the weather. This sprayer mod, is nothing new, and several companies make them for turbo air to air intercooler, I may just be the first one to try it on a air to water setup. The result, the supercharger coolant temperature, dropped from 220 + degrees, down to 110, which although I haven't measured it yet, I am sure greatly reduces the air intake temps. Since high coolant temps is what is killing the coolant pump, with this mod, my pump will probably last for ever now. The water/alcohol tank has to be filled every 2 - 4 weeks, depending on how heavy your foot is, but is a cheap commodity. For you drag race nuts, I will be doing testing at the strip, with and without the sprayer to see if there are any performance gains.