Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Any SRT6 owners in NJ?

Old 01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any SRT6 owners in NJ?

I've been meaning to trade my car in for a Crossfire SRT-6. I just love the look of the car and availability of good deals on this car. Hoping to pick up a black coupe soon.

I have called dealers around my area and none seem to have an SRT-6 available for a test drive.

I was wondering if an SRT-6 owner in NJ would let me just test drive the car a couple of miles, owner in the passenger seat of course.

I know I can just go test drive a regular crossfire but I read on some reviews that the SRT has harsh suspension and it could be a deal breaker for me if the ride is too harsh.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Default Re: Any SRT6 owners in NJ?

The ride is hard. Obviously this is subjective but compared to my WRX it is truly a hard ride. If you are really looking for something comfy the SRT is not for you. I love my SRT and the hard ride is just part of its character.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:01 PM

I don't think I explained myself too good in my previous post. I don't mind the hard ride as long as it's a sturdy ride, I rode my friend's S2000 and it had a harsh ride but since it was so precise an balanced I loved it.

Any rattle problems with the Crossfires?

Old 01-10-2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Guzo
I don't think I explained myself too good in my previous post. I don't mind the hard ride as long as it's a sturdy ride, I rode my friend's S2000 and it had a harsh ride but since it was so precise an balanced I loved it.

Any rattle problems with the Crossfires?
I love the ride, handling is great. You may get rattles on really bad surface. I get door creaks when I push the limits.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rickyms
I love the ride, handling is great. You may get rattles on really bad surface. I get door creaks when I push the limits.
I should note I have a roadster.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guzo, I don't live in NJ, but I can give you some input on the ride. Right now I'm driving an '04 coupe that I have leased till it goes back in July. I bought a new SRT6 in October, I've not driven it much I've only put about 1,000 miles on it. The SRT6 rides like a "Log Wagon" as we would say here in Indiana, but it handles very well. As for the '04 coupe, it's not near as fast, but the ride is a lot smoother and I think it handles just as well as the SRT6. Don't get me wrong I think the coupe is a pretty fast car, I've got into a few little short road races with some new Mustang GT's, I couldn't pass them, but I could stay right with them. I can say I will miss my little coupe when it goes back, it's been a daily driver since I got it and I'm not planning on the SRT6 being a daily driver.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I can say I will miss my little coupe when it goes back, it's been a daily driver since I got it and I'm not planning on the SRT6 being a daily driver."

Why not the SRT-6 as your daily driver?

Old 01-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in a very rural "boonies" part of south - central of Indiana, the county roads around here are always being worked on. They do a thing called chip & seal on them to keep them up, they put down some kind of rubberized tar and then go over the top of it with gravel chips, then just let the traffic mash it in. You never know when you are going to run in to a road they have picked to work on, I road my Harley to work one day and when I went back home they had done this process to the county road that I live on while I was at work. It was freshly done, I road slow but I had that crap all over my bike and it took me hours to clean it up I even got some scratches doing it. The front of my coupe probably has at least a dozen or more chips in it, these little pieces of gravel I'm talking about stay around on the road for weeks after they do that. I'll drive the SRT6, but I will probably not use it as an every day car.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been meaning to trade my car in for a Crossfire SRT-6. I just love the look of the car and availability of good deals on this car. Hoping to pick up a black coupe soon.

I have called dealers around my area and none seem to have an SRT-6 available for a test drive.

I was wondering if an SRT-6 owner in NJ would let me just test drive the car a couple of miles, owner in the passenger seat of course.

I know I can just go test drive a regular crossfire but I read on some reviews that the SRT has harsh suspension and it could be a deal breaker for me if the ride is too harsh.

Thanks in advance.
what part of new jersey are you in? and second why not just test drive it from at your local dealership?

as for the ride being harsh... yea it is true the ride is harsh, but it isn't unbearable... on good paved roads the harsh drive will pay off with amazing steering...
if the area you are going to drive on has sub par roads and you are rather picky about the harsh ride I would look somewhere else...

second the hard ride can most likely be made a little smoother by installing different springs and shocks from the non-srt model... although i am not sure.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:20 PM

I rode in my friend's s2000 and its harsh but it felt fine to me, I like to feel connected to my vehicle. I looked for test driving around NJ but the dealers only have the non SRT models in stock and since the suspension is different I would like to see exactly how the SRT is.

I live in Northern New Jersey (Kearny).

Old 01-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks in advance.
Guzo, You need to look harder. Here is a link. You can search other sites too. I don't think people with let strangers drive their SRT6.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/fs_sea...l&aff=national

Old 01-30-2007, 11:01 PM

where in kearny? i'm across the river. i won't let you drive it but maybe take ya for a ride. yes it is very hard to get a dealer to let you take one for a test drive especially a good one to test out the cars power.