Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT 6 service quality

Old 04-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT 6 service quality

Hi Guys,

I am new to this site but own a '05 SRT6 and love it. My issues are mainly with my dealer and their lack of passion with servicing the car. I had the AC die and they did not believe me and I had to drive a service guy around town to prove to them it was dead.

Finally the replaced it but it took 6 weeks.

Question is: Do the chrysler dealers have to train someone on AMG engines or specifically the SRT6, my local guys here in Australia don’t know "squat" and I am concerned that a car I spent a lot of $$$ on is not being loved and looked after. I seem to get some mechanic who knows nothing about AMG, and they all seem to think I was lying when I said it was hand crafted.

Any ideas? Love to hear your feedback, I would love to hit the dealer up with "when you service my SRT6 make sure it is your AMG certified guy".

Cheers,

Simon

Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Default Re: SRT 6 service quality

Chrysler dealerships in general seem to be very inept at servicing/understanding our vehicles. Unfortunately, this appears to be true all over the world. I've made repairs to my vehicle myself since my local dealership couldn't diagnose the problem even when I pointed it out to their face.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shrek_au
Hi Guys,

I am new to this site but own a '05 SRT6 and love it. My issues are mainly with my dealer and their lack of passion with servicing the car. I had the AC die and they did not believe me and I had to drive a service guy around town to prove to them it was dead.

Finally the replaced it but it took 6 weeks.

Question is: Do the chrysler dealers have to train someone on AMG engines or specifically the SRT6, my local guys here in Australia don’t know "squat" and I am concerned that a car I spent a lot of $$$ on is not being loved and looked after. I seem to get some mechanic who knows nothing about AMG, and they all seem to think I was lying when I said it was hand crafted.

Any ideas? Love to hear your feedback, I would love to hit the dealer up with "when you service my SRT6 make sure it is your AMG certified guy".

Cheers,

Simon
Go to the Chrysler SRT section (at least for North America) at http://www.drivesrt.com/en/chrysler/...upe/index.html

Part of the quote "...The hand-built 3.2-liter supercharged V6 engine boasts 330 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque - ..."

You can also point out the AMG logo cast into the top back of the supercharger.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Forum Regular

Deleted Message

Last edited by AMGLover; 08-13-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shrek_au
Hi Guys,

I had the AC die and they did not believe me and I had to drive a service guy around town to prove to them it was dead.
I think he just wanted a ride in your SRT6.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Forum Regular

I go to a dealer in Tempe< Arizona. They have
2 qualified Crossfire Mechanics... Their service
is great...

Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Forum Regular

You could go to a MB dealer and get it serviced there.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Forum Regular

Being in Australia and wanting Xfire SRT6 service could be a big issue. There are even less of them down there than in the States... I have found ONE dealership with 2 good techs in my area...a suburban area of 3 million people of Northern California... So, I have a bit more to choose from... You might have better luck finding a solution on this board and then just telling a competent mechanic. There is a download somewhere on this board that has the full service manual though. Start with that as a reference and put it on a CD to deliver to the technician you ultimately choose.