Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

New purchase and need ideas on FL to MD road trip.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New purchase and need ideas on FL to MD road trip.

I just purchased a 2005 SRT6 in Florida at auction.

I am real excited. MY FIRST ROAD TRIP WILL BE TAKING THE CAR HOME TO MARYLAND.

Any ideas and spots to stop.

Thanks.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New purchase and need ideas on FL to MD road trip.

You talking about the light blue on that ended on eBay tonight? If so you suck because I was trying to buy that vehicle too!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 1krzqb
I just purchased a 2005 SRT6 in Florida at auction.

I am real excited. MY FIRST ROAD TRIP WILL BE TAKING THE CAR HOME TO MARYLAND.

Any ideas and spots to stop.

Thanks.
Buy a radar jammer or something.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:56 AM

You know, there are 3 for sale in MD, SRT6 models. I know where they are.

Congrats on your new purchase!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah the closed DCX auctions seem to have finally sold the remaining stock to dealers out there. Dealership here in Ohio has 4 that are brand new cars but were titled by DCX since they needed to get them off the books. Selling anywhere from 25-29k for convert.

Just amazes me the cars are almost half price now, there isn't any car out there that will offer this level of refinement and performance in this price range.

I'm trying to convince everyone around me that this is the car for me but they all complain I have two kids and a wife. We have an SUV to transport everyone and even when I had my Audi S4s I had the kids in the car two times in a whole year. If we go somewhere we hop in the Durango and go. I don't feel I need to have a 4 door car. Anyone else in my situation? By the way, the wife is on my side.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sid3ways
Yeah the closed DCX auctions seem to have finally sold the remaining stock to dealers out there. Dealership here in Ohio has 4 that are brand new cars but were titled by DCX since they needed to get them off the books. Selling anywhere from 25-29k for convert.

Just amazes me the cars are almost half price now, there isn't any car out there that will offer this level of refinement and performance in this price range.

I'm trying to convince everyone around me that this is the car for me but they all complain I have two kids and a wife. We have an SUV to transport everyone and even when I had my Audi S4s I had the kids in the car two times in a whole year. If we go somewhere we hop in the Durango and go. I don't feel I need to have a 4 door car. Anyone else in my situation? By the way, the wife is on my side.
Not quite, but, I may be in a couple of years, I'm 25, and looking to get married + family in the next few (5ish) years, so who knows.

I figure I can always buy a cheapish durango or Jeep to cart the kids around in and have my fun car all to myself...

Old 06-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sid3ways

My kids are grown, and I STILL get those comments...trunk space..blah blah blah...they are all jealous and wish they could be driving this fantastic car instead of their mini van or 4 door kid mobile...Enjoy your car...I do...life is too short..

I paid my dues with at least 3 vans, a station wagon (Taurus) Subaru 4 door, etc...to finally get my two seater roadster...should have done it years ago!