Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Is the NAVI really worth it?

Old 07-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the NAVI really worth it?

Hello. I am still in the process of buying an SRT-6, ie have been offering 25k, but most cars are sold in the Illinois area by the time I shoot them the offer... Anyways, I just wanted to know how good the NAVI works, if it's voice activated, hard to use, etc...

Thank you.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Default Re: Is the NAVI really worth it?

I bought my ride without even considering that option. Of all autos that come with nav...it's the worst I've ever operated...but it's still pretty good. If you don't need it...I would not pay extra for it of you have several SRT6s to choose from.

Happy Hunting.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6LVR
I bought my ride without even considering that option. Of all autos that come with nav...it's the worst I've ever operated...but it's still pretty good. If you don't need it...I would not pay extra for it of you have several SRT6s to choose from.

Happy Hunting.
Thank you...I already started to read a few old threads saying how crappy of a system it is and outdated the nav cd's are...

The only other thing is that I'm very picky on how clean and nice the car is, especially "new"(2005), but the one I test drove in Illinois with 200 miles on it was nasty and disgusting inside. The doors had scratches, center console had sticky stuff all over it, seats had dirty smudges, etc... I just don't want buy one over the internet, say in Texas and have it shipped when it could look like that.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:07 PM

I understand what you mean about buying without seeing in person. I would not do that with this car. I bought mine in Texas (Bonham). I think they have about 15 or so left now. I would make the trip to check them out in person; really worth it. They were all clean, but with the recent rains, who knows what has happened. It's a small town...made me wonder how they got so many...They later told me about the auctions.

Make the trip and tell us about the drive home. Make sure they do the "little" things...like an oil change before you leave...and make sure they address all the TSBs out there.

Get yours!

Old 07-07-2007, 02:10 PM

I understand what you mean about buying without seeing in person. I would not do that with this car. I bought mine in Texas (Bonham). I think they have about 15 or so left now. I would make the trip to check them out in person; really worth it. They were all clean, but with the recent rains, who knows what has happened. It's a small town...made me wonder how they got so many...They later told me about the auctions.

Make the trip and tell us about the drive home. Make sure they do the "little" things...like an oil change before you leave...and make sure they address all the TSBs out there.

Get yours!
yes, i looked up Bonham...they have A LOT left. what's the TSB's (sorry i am stupid with this stuff). I emailed the guy at Bonham and he would do the 25k for the price but like I said that's a 950 mile drive!

Old 07-07-2007, 02:21 PM

The TSB are technical service bulletins that address many of the items that auto manufacturers will replace...repair or recall for each specific vehicle by model year. Very important!!! Please get this...especially, you get one and drive it 950 miles. Some items listed may have already been completed...but get a technician to validate this. Bonham was pretty good about it...but the inventory changes all the time...I'm sure if you were looking at a car that just arrived...and hadn't been checked...they would still sell it to you. Do an overnight...don't appear to be rushed because it's in a dealer's DNA to make us buy things in a hurry...! LOL! Get manuals also. I left without mine...In a damn hurry! But I got one from Chrysler for $7. Also, check those tires...and look for rust...Well, you know the rest.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:29 PM

The TSB are technical service bulletins that address many of the items that auto manufacturers will replace...repair or recall for each specific vehicle by model year. Very important!!! Please get this...especially, you get one and drive it 950 miles. Some items listed may have already been completed...but get a technician to validate this. Bonham was pretty good about it...but the inventory changes all the time...I'm sure if you were looking at a car that just arrived...and hadn't been checked...they would still sell it to you. Do an overnight...don't appear to be rushed because it's in a dealer's DNA to make us buy things in a hurry...! LOL! Get manuals also. I left without mine...In a damn hurry! But I got one from Chrysler for $7. Also, check those tires...and look for rust...Well, you know the rest.
Thank you once again, LASTLY...i promise... anything other than the intercooler pump that was having problems?

Old 07-07-2007, 04:07 PM

This is the one that is commonly talked about in this forum.

Make: CHRYSLER Model: CROSSFIRE Year: 2005 Service Bulletin Number: 19 NHTSA Item Number: 10019269 Summary Description: THE RADIATOR COOLING FAN MOTOR MAY HAVE BEEN IMPROPERLY ASSEMBLED. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION E19 RADIATOR COOLING FAN MODULE. *TT

If they don't know about this one at the dealership, I'd probably shop some place else, if they won't do it or haven't done it already.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:17 PM

I bought my limited in 7/05. I haven' had any trouble out of the nav until recently. The display was showing that it couldn't read the nav cd. If this happens again its dealer time. I have seen threads where owners are replacing their radios with new nav units. But this changes the look unless you get the carbon dash kit.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rutten16
Hello. I am still in the process of buying an SRT-6, ie have been offering 25k, but most cars are sold in the Illinois area by the time I shoot them the offer... Anyways, I just wanted to know how good the NAVI works, if it's voice activated, hard to use, etc...

Thank you.
I have the navi radio and my advice is to save your money and get a portable navi instead.

1) Navi CD's can and will get scratched.
2) Getting updated maps might be a problem.
3) Voice and text/arrow display does not compare to graphical display.

I have a Garmin NUVI 350. Can't say enough good things about it. I use it for out of car use when traveling. If you're going to get one for the xfire, don't skimp on the mount. Get the one from proclipusa.com. Do a search on the forum to see pics of how it looks mounted.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Forum Regular

I just bought a nüvi 660. It's fantastic. It does all I ever would want and more. You can also move it from car to car. The software is the best I've seen. It's way cheaper than the Becker in-dash.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:55 PM

The built-in NAV unit is not worth it. I use my wife's Garmin 2620, we share the unit and just pick it up and out from one car to the other. Yes it is a little messy with a wire going into the cigarette lighter. The built in NAV unit does not have the graphical map and is not easy to use. I always take the Garmin and ignore the built-in NAV.