Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

New IC pump problem fixed

Old 09-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New IC pump problem fixed

First of all, this forum is great! Lots of useful info. I know, most of you are tired of hearing about IC pumps, but I had an issue that amazingly enough hasn't been listed here yet (at least I don't think it has).
I bought my SRT about 2 weeks ago with 25,000 miles on it. After a few days of ownership and a few trips to the forum I had a suspicion that the IC pump had failed. Not wanting to deal with the dealership, I replaced the pump with a Lightning pump. Still the problem persisted. After probing the IC fuse, I found a dead circuit in the fuse block on the IC pump position. After temporarily jumping the circuit the IC pump instantly turned on! Now it runs like a scolded dog! Looks to me that the IC pump probably never worked on this car. Thanks for all of your help!

Old 09-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New IC pump problem fixed

Originally Posted by JeremyAnderson
First of all, this forum is great! Lots of useful info. I know, most of you are tired of hearing about IC pumps, but I had an issue that amazingly enough hasn't been listed here yet (at least I don't think it has).
I bought my SRT about 2 weeks ago with 25,000 miles on it. After a few days of ownership and a few trips to the forum I had a suspicion that the IC pump had failed. Not wanting to deal with the dealership, I replaced the pump with a Lightning pump. Still the problem persisted. After probing the IC fuse, I found a dead circuit in the fuse block on the IC pump position. After temporarily jumping the circuit the IC pump instantly turned on! Now it runs like a scolded dog! Looks to me that the IC pump probably never worked on this car. Thanks for all of your help!
Can you please post a step by step procedure for how to do this?