Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

"This Porsche Pulls Over for Crossfires!"

Old 11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking "This Porsche Pulls Over for Crossfires!"

"We" (4 SRT6s in a row, followed by 12-14 other XFs) had a Black Porsche pull over for us on the Dragon Saturday when we came Roaring up behind him on some of the Dragon's Hairpin turns. Maybe he had a Problem with his Porsche or maybe he was just scared!

SilverFox

PS, The Porsche's (about a dozen) were staying at the Lodge with us, I was going to put a Sign on the back of the Black 911 there, "This Porsche Pulls Over for Crossfires, Only!" (I decided it would be in bad taste).

Old 11-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "This Porsche Pulls Over for Crossfires!"

I was right behind Bill and I'll verify that a black Porsche did pull over for us and let us by. Bill, you didn't tell about the big bikes we left behind on the straights and in the turns? Come on Bill, tell the story and all of the story.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:08 PM

I take it from the shinanigans I've been reading, that Johnny Law wasn't in harassment mode this weekend?

Old 11-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Forum Regular

I was under the impression that Bill had already talked to the local Johnny Laws and had sometype of arrangement with them to patrol else where for the weekend.
Didn't see a one on patrol anywhere up there except I saw one at a small fender bender where someone tried to move the guard rail with there front bumper, and that was it. I don't have any idea how they got that car in that position.
I ran in second and third gear for about 200 miles up there this weekend with either my foot to the floor on either the gas pedal or on the brake pedal. Thru the dragon was all second gear with a couple of upshifts to third. I could have went to first in a few very tight turns, but I was all ready making my turned OFF T/C light flash as I powered out in second with the back end squealling and sliding. On our first run and very early in the run, I came out of a turn with T/C on and it kicked in so hard that my wife and I both jumped. Turned that thing off and then only did some smooth squealing and sliding.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Forum Regular

We stayed at 3 to 5 thousand RPM full length of Dragon in 2nd and 3rd. With top down and banks beside us , exhaust sounds were great. Would like to have heard Irwins closer in the Dragon, but he was running with the SRT6's. Well got got go to work, still catching up from day off. Toy sorry I missed yesterday with you all.

John

Old 11-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Forum Regular

Yeah, but did any gals pull over for you?

Old 11-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Thumbs up Re: "This Porsche Pulls Over for Crossfires!"

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
I take it from the shinanigans I've been reading, that Johnny Law wasn't in harassment mode this weekend?
That is Correct No "harassment mode" the last few weeks. I even waved to them, with a "full" hand!
SF

Old 11-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Forum Regular

I was right behind Toy for this, and it was a great run.
Between the Porsche pursuit and the Uber-Civic, this Dragon run was the fastest all weekend - what amazing machines.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Toy
I was right behind Bill and I'll verify that a black Porsche did pull over for us and let us by. Bill, you didn't tell about the big bikes we left behind on the straights and in the turns? Come on Bill, tell the story and all of the story.
Don't know how I missed this thread, but my Wife videoed the entire Dragon's Tail, and she has both the Porsche and the Bikes pulled over on tape.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Don't know how I missed this thread, but my Wife videoed the entire Dragon's Tail, and she has both the Porsche and the Bikes pulled over on tape.
Hey Mike,

I almost forgot about Barb's Videos, please have her make a Good copy for me, & I'll be glad to pay you for it. Just PM me or eMail in my Sign below.

Yup, that was Really Something that Weekend, I just don't know how it could have been any better, unless we had had some Bimmers pull over, but there weren't any there!

My Best!
Bill (SF)