Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Considering an SRT-6, hard to be objective.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering an SRT-6, hard to be objective.

Hey Gang,
I'm new to this forum. I'm considering buying an SRT-6, I have always liked their styling. Didn't know there was a supercharged version, until recently. This car seems to be a steal. I currently have an '06 mustang gt. I don't like the big car handling and the fact that everyone has one. I previously had a 2003 350z and tired of the first year car issues. I do miss the stiff ride and performance handling of the 350z. I test droven a regular aspirated crossfire, steering not as precise as I was used to and the brakes seem a bit nonresponsive at initial depression. How does the SRT compare with the 350z handling? Also, I am a bit concerned if I don't get my hands on a SRT real soon, I'll be pressed to find one in say 3 to 4 months. I do have to consider selling my gt prior to getting my bank loan for the crossfire. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Haywood!

Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Considering an SRT-6, hard to be objective.

Haywood, here is a good article from road and track.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=1985
Pretty accurate.. Good luck on your search. Get one while you can.
Car lovers are realizing this car is a great buy for the $$.
I have had mine for three years and it still turns me on.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by haywoodjabloime
Hey Gang,
I'm new to this forum. I'm considering buying an SRT-6, I have always liked their styling. Didn't know there was a supercharged version, until recently. This car seems to be a steal. I currently have an '06 mustang gt. I don't like the big car handling and the fact that everyone has one. I previously had a 2003 350z and tired of the first year car issues. I do miss the stiff ride and performance handling of the 350z. I test droven a regular aspirated crossfire, steering not as precise as I was used to and the brakes seem a bit nonresponsive at initial depression. How does the SRT compare with the 350z handling? Also, I am a bit concerned if I don't get my hands on a SRT real soon, I'll be pressed to find one in say 3 to 4 months. I do have to consider selling my gt prior to getting my bank loan for the crossfire. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Haywood!
The Road & Track article linked above is a very accurate and objective piece. I promise you that it will blow away a 350Z or Mustang GT in EVERY WAY! The only thing you are likely to be disapointed with is the steering feel. It just isn't precise on center. It loads up well and gives decent feedback in the turns. The brakes are probably the best I've had. I find them very responsive and they really toss the anchor out whe you need them too. I've driven the SRT-6 on a Road Course at High Speed(140MPH) and it is very predictable and stable and never does anything that surprises you. It Performance is what you want, sell the GT and join the Family. You will not be unhappy with your decision. I would get on with making it happen. In July there were probably 200 "new" SRT-6 still sitting on lots and they are ALL GONE now. They seem to have been discovered. I've seen a virtual overnight explosion in the number of SRT-6 owners on this sight and know three people personally that have gotten them since I got mine in July. The price of them is going to start going up.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:39 AM

Thanks guys!! Just the information I was looking for. I think I will get my butt in gear and begin my search.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by haywoodjabloime
Thanks guys!! Just the information I was looking for. I think I will get my butt in gear and begin my search.
Hey! I'm Haywood!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Haywood
Hey! I'm Haywood!!!
And there, is one of the afore mentioned 3 new owners...

Old 12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Forum Regular

tod64k might still have that '05 SRT-6 up for sale from October. It's got 34K miles on it, but it's certified and is only $18.8K or something of thast sort. See the For Sale section.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
And there, is one of the afore mentioned 3 new owners...
Here's another! I got mine in August! I knew what was up, but because I had a G35 Coupe to trade in, I had to find one close to me which happened to be a 10k mile car. No worries, it didn't cost me that much, and it is in new condition.

My G35 was the 6MT with the 298 hp engine. I bought it brand new. It was a nice car, but the engine was an oil burner at 10k miles. I knew 20 others with the same engine that had to have them replaced. Mine was next. Nissan is working on a recall apparently. When I drove the SRT6, I nearly soiled my shorts. I wasn't expecting that kind of power. It is the only car I've ever scared, er, surprised my self with. It is gnarly fast!!! Good luck with the search.

Last edited by cgocifer; 12-14-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Forum Regular

I just got mine with 40 miles on it from Suburban Chrysler in Mn. I dealt with John Sands, the dealership was excellent. They had at the time a black SRT convertable inside on the showroom floor. I believe it was $32,000. I was going to buy a convertable originally but my wife really liked the coupe, and to be honest I think the coupe looks a little tougher, plus it was way less expensive. I believe that was the first time in 21 years of marriage she actually made a decision that cost me less money. If you can still find a low mileage one I would jump on it.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:32 PM

I'd consider anything under 20k miles low mileage.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Talking Re: Considering an SRT-6, hard to be objective.

Im proud to announce that I am the owner of an SRT-6! I picked it up this weekend at Carmax in Tuscon, about a four and a half hour drive. It is a black coupe with 16,700 miles. I paid $23,599. I know there are some others out there that are a lower price and less miles, but I'm happy with my buy. Carmax performs a 125 point certified inspection. I noticed on my test drive that the tire pressure monitor was lit. They checked it promptly and replaced the sensor. They gave me the old one back. The tire flat kit was also missing. They are ordering one for me and mailing it to me in about a week. Man Oh Man, this sucker can move!

thanks to all of you for your comments and advice. Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-25-2007, 12:41 PM
RPM

Congrats on your purchase. I hope you will enjoy it.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM
Congrats on your purchase. I hope you will enjoy it.
Do you cry every time you read posts like these, considering how much you paid for yours

Old 12-25-2007, 07:31 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by cgocifer; 12-25-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:28 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by nox1s
Do you cry every time you read posts like these, considering how much you paid for yours
No. I paid a very fair price for a SRT6 Roadster w/3,500 miles on it (1 year ago).
I would not lose a whole lot if I needed to sell it (at least I think).
Remember, there are more than twice as many coupes and the roadsters always go for more $.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by nox1s
He may not but I certainly do!