Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

How does the SRT6 ride on long trips...

Old 03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How does the SRT6 ride on long trips...

Does the car ride decent enough to enjoy my trip to California this year!!!!! It will be a 1200 mile round trip.

Thanks

Old 03-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Default Re: How does the SRT6 ride on long trips...

Originally Posted by redlinedrummer
Does the car ride decent enough to enjoy my trip to California this year!!!!! It will be a 1200 mile round trip.
Thanks
Not bad at all for a Beast, I did 450 miles bringing the Roadster back to NC, after driving the Ltd Rdstr to Fla to pick it up & trade the Ltd. All 900 in the same day last July 12th!

Also drove the 'New' Coupe from Chicago to NC, about 800 miles in one day last Nov, when I bought it.
It Drove/Rode like a Stealth Missile, I loved it!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:53 PM

It really depends on you. I think it rides ok, but after 3 hours, I need a break. that may have more to do with my size. I'm 6'1" and 250lbs.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get more tired in my lexus gs300 than I do in my crossfire, the true comforts are the high performance brakes and suspension.. not the soft seats and lots of room...

Old 03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did about a 4500 mile trip from Cali to Minnesota and back last fall. The ride is really dependent on how smooth the roads are. The roads are better in Utah so if you are having issues driving there then you are really going to dislike the ride in the Granola Bar state.

The seat gets hard to sit in after 4 or 5 hours but if you stop to buy gas and stretch every 3 hours then the seat should be tolerable.

Don't forget to play my favorite game when driving: How Many Crossfires Can I See. On my trip I saw a total of two - one outside San Bernadino and one in Blaine, MN.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Brent
Did about a 4500 mile trip from Cali to Minnesota and back last fall. The ride is really dependent on how smooth the roads are. The roads are better in Utah so if you are having issues driving there then you are really going to dislike the ride in the Granola Bar state.

The seat gets hard to sit in after 4 or 5 hours but if you stop to buy gas and stretch every 3 hours then the seat should be tolerable.

Don't forget to play my favorite game when driving: How Many Crossfires Can I See. On my trip I saw a total of two - one outside San Bernadino and one in Blaine, MN.
hmmm, I see several everyday... Probably at least 4-5...

Old 03-07-2008, 10:39 PM

In San Diego I see one every month or two.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
hmmm, I see several everyday... Probably at least 4-5...
Too bad NONE of them post on here. I see them, but they obviously aren't real enthusiasts like us. I know there are several in the D.C. area that post on here and that isn't too for from me. I guess Virginia/Maryland is a hotbed for them...

Old 03-08-2008, 08:06 AM
RPM

I rarely see any Crossfires around here, now Detriot area, that's a different story. I've still only seen ~4 SRT6s ever.
I made some business cards to leave on the ones I see.

As for long road trips, 3 hours or so, then a break would suffice.
As NE said, it depends on your size. Little folk could probably drive the car across the country without issue.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:57 PM

My problem is my left foot gets uncomfortable within about 20 minutes. I can't reach the bump on the firewall to rest it on, so my foot is just stretched out there flopping around. I've tried adjusting the seat closer, etc., but find no relief. I might try to install some sort of dead pedal but just haven't put my mind to it. I'm 5'7" and fit just fine in my Dodge Ram, but that's like standing compared to the seating position of the crossfire.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by fastfunfor2
My problem is my left foot gets uncomfortable within about 20 minutes. I can't reach the bump on the firewall to rest it on, so my foot is just stretched out there flopping around. I've tried adjusting the seat closer, etc., but find no relief. I might try to install some sort of dead pedal but just haven't put my mind to it. I'm 5'7" and fit just fine in my Dodge Ram, but that's like standing compared to the seating position of the crossfire.
that is strange I am barely 5'8 and I reach the bump very well..

Old 03-08-2008, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by fastfunfor2
I have the same issue and im 5'6". If i move the seat close enough it will just barely suffice.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Forum Regular

it's a really taut ride and the condition of the pavement can make it a real nightmare. you will feel the road in this car, especially if you keep your tire pressure up. as for interior comfort, that depends on what you are used to. the seats are above average, arm rests are not.

it's all about the pavement.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Thumbs up Re: How does the SRT6 ride on long trips...

Originally Posted by V-12
it's a really taut ride and the condition of the pavement can make it a real nightmare. you will feel the road in this car, especially if you keep your tire pressure up. as for interior comfort, that depends on what you are used to. the seats are above average, arm rests are not.
it's all about the pavement.
I would have to agree with V -12 100% on All of the Above! SF

Old 03-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I made two trips from Michigan to Connecticut and back the last two summers in my roadster, top down most of the way. Very comfortable. Never boring - there was always an opportunity to hit the go button while keeping an eye out for troopers. I got almost 400 miles to a tank, so I stopped about every 4-5 hours to gas up and stretch.

The seat and driving position were very comfortable - and I'm 5'6".

Old 03-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Smile Re: How does the SRT6 ride on long trips...

Flew from mn. to atlanta ,ga. to p.u. our aero blue srt roadster , which we purchased from a chrysler dealer over the internet. We extended the return trip travelling 2500 .miles on all sorts of roads. We travelled between 250 and 500 miles per day . We mostly enjoyed asphalt roads with curves and hills. Cement roads with prominent splices were teeth jarring. The seat cushion padding is meager, but we resolved that through rest stopping frequently.We enjoyed the motor trip and look forward to many more as soon as the snow melts and the crossfire comes out of hibernation.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by jim dyrdahl
Flew from mn. to atlanta ,ga. to p.u. our aero blue srt roadster , which we purchased from a chrysler dealer over the internet. We extended the return trip travelling 2500 .miles on all sorts of roads. We travelled between 250 and 500 miles per day . We mostly enjoyed asphalt roads with curves and hills. Cement roads with prominent splices were teeth jarring. The seat cushion padding is meager, but we resolved that through rest stopping frequently.We enjoyed the motor trip and look forward to many more as soon as the snow melts and the crossfire comes out of hibernation.
Your experience was identical to mine. Given the huge pot holes we have here and the problems with concrete highways (it was like hitting speed bumps at 75 mph) I switched to Koni. They work great around town but I haven't taken them on a long trip yet. It will never be a luxury ride but it is a comfortable sports car ride.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:40 PM

As much as I enjoy driving SRT, its not for long trips.

An hour or two and I'm ready to get out.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:29 AM
Forum Regular

Like a horse and buggy

Old 03-11-2008, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by ws6vert
Like a horse and buggy
Maybe, but I'll bet on that 'horse & buggy' in any horse race!

Quick Reply: How does the SRT6 ride on long trips...