Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

What would you pay for a SRT-6 catback/fullback exhaust, and what would you want?

Old 04-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What would you pay for a SRT-6 catback/fullback exhaust, and what would you want?

To my knowledge there are still no catback or fullback systems for our SRT6's. I have already built my catback and am contemplating building a fullback. My catback added 20 hp and tq at the wheels, and i expect even bigger gains from redoing the midsection/downpipes.

Is anyone interested in either? What configuration would you like to see and how much would you be willing to spend?

At what point would you be willing to fork up the coin rather than just doing a resonator delete?

Heres your chance to voice your opinion. If the other guys wont come through...i might, depending on interest.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What would you pay for a SRT-6 catback/fullback exhaust, and what would you want?

I would spend more than most... other owners so to say...

I am looking for MAX performance without any compromise... not passing emissions and DBA levels are not of my concern... if anything... I would like it to be louder than my current set up which consists of a resonator and rear cat delete... if what you say is true about your gains... than you definatly have me interested...

However I am concerned with CEL... I don't want to see it...

Old 04-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Default Re: What would you pay for a SRT-6 catback/fullback exhaust, and what would you want?

Originally Posted by Sidez
I would spend more than most... other owners so to say...

I am looking for MAX performance without any compromise... not passing emissions and DBA levels are not of my concern... if anything... I would like it to be louder than my current set up which consists of a resonator and rear cat delete... if what you say is true about your gains... than you definatly have me interested...

However I am concerned with CEL... I don't want to see it...
I think with a pair of o2 sensors that shouldnt be an issue. Those run about $25 each.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:00 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to be a thread shredder but Ive had a complete catback system built for this car january last year, by Awesome performance in RSM cali 92692....added about 22 hp and about 18 or so tq....if anyone has any questions about it let me know I can get # for you or I can try and help you out. The guy is an aquaintence of mine and built my exhaust as a favor for a friend, but Im sure he wouldnt mind doing some other as well....So anyone in cali let me know

Old 04-17-2008, 03:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
To my knowledge there are still no catback or fullback systems for our SRT6's. I have already built my catback and am contemplating building a fullback. My catback added 20 hp and tq at the wheels, and i expect even bigger gains from redoing the midsection/downpipes.

Is anyone interested in either? What configuration would you like to see and how much would you be willing to spend?

At what point would you be willing to fork up the coin rather than just doing a resonator delete?

Heres your chance to voice your opinion. If the other guys wont come through...i might, depending on interest.
I wonder just how much HP gain are by just doing a resonator delete, I had not done a run on my G-tech meter when I had it removed until I had done the SL55 "Y" too. The G-tech meter showed a 24 or 26 HP gain in a 1/4 mile run with both mods, comparing HP runs on a G-tech you are dealing with wind resistance and friction of the tire's on the road. Has any body put their car on a dyno after just a resonator delete?

Old 04-17-2008, 03:48 AM

Cat back...Most importantly, multiple dyno sheets, no CEL's, noise within legal constraints, stainless steel, crossovers, mandrel bends, factory attachment points. I'm going to price this out with a competant shop next week. Wouldn't make the change for less than 15 hp.

Probably wouldn't bother doing head pipe back, without random technology cats and good headers. The HP to cost ratio will never balance for this.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:17 AM

and while I remmber no odd tips..

Old 04-17-2008, 06:57 AM

I just bought two magnaflow 4" round 14" (body) long race mufflers 2.5" in/out and tips. I wanted to go duel 2.5" all the way back from where the rear cats are now. How much would that cost to fab?

Last edited by BlUEMDsrt6; 04-17-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:39 AM

Would like a downpipe back exhaust no cats maybe a resantor to keep the sound legal, and I like the sound of this car www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZklDXRJmGU without cats it would be about right on sound, and keep it around or under $900. Just my thoughts.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by slow4dr
Would like a downpipe back exhaust no cats maybe a resantor to keep the sound legal, and I like the sound of this car www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZklDXRJmGU without cats it would be about right on sound, and keep it around or under $900. Just my thoughts.
are you serious that sounds nice to you? what a disagrement of oppinion we have as I think that sounds god awful...

Here is what sounds good to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcLeinkf7ms

I know neither is applicable to the vehicle we have, but anyways.... just my thoughts...

Old 04-17-2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by freakingfastsrt6
not to be a thread shredder but Ive had a complete catback system built for this car january last year, by Awesome performance in RSM cali 92692....added about 22 hp and about 18 or so tq....if anyone has any questions about it let me know I can get # for you or I can try and help you out. The guy is an aquaintence of mine and built my exhaust as a favor for a friend, but Im sure he wouldnt mind doing some other as well....So anyone in cali let me know
Just a few questions...trying to make sure im understanding correctly.

So you had a cat-back system built last year for the SRT-6 and none of us have heard of it?

The company is called Awesome Performance? What is RSM?

Seeing as how he lives in Cali, does he have an SRT6 on hand or a jig to make multiple units 100% identical? Or does he just plan on "eyeing it"?

Is it fully tig welded stainless? Is he utilizing the stock exhaust flanges for a simple bolt on design or is he HACKING OFF and reusing the stock ones?

What muffler/s are you using?

Better yet can you post PICS and a PRICE?

Thanks.

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 04-17-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by slow4dr
Im basically trying to see if theres any market for such a tight nich car for me to make and sell an exhaust system and make any kind of profit. I spent another 8hrs today in the shop tweaking my current catback, so the time/$ add up fast.

Id be hard pressed to built a nice downpipe back exhaust for $900, and make any profit at all. But these opinions are good. Its exactly what i was hoping for.

One of the biggest issues is wether or not to build a catback vs. fullback. The toughest challenge for a catback is mating it to the stock center section. The flanges are specialty Merceded Benz flanges, with flared piping. These will cost and arm and a leg to reproduce, upping the cost....but thats the price you pay for a 100% bolt on unit shipped to your house.

On the other hand, if i were to build a full back system i could completely eliminate the need for these odd specialty flanges and save $ for both parties...but you will NOT be able to upgrade in stages by first purchasing the catback, and later adding the centersection...becuase they would not be compatable.

One last idea is a sort of slip fit system that would mate up to your stock h-pipe/flanges....but it would require the customer to cut their h-pipe, which they'd be best off having a shop do, and at that point would they just stick with the resonator delete?

Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by parawxman
Cat back...Most importantly, multiple dyno sheets, no CEL's, noise within legal constraints, stainless steel, crossovers, mandrel bends, factory attachment points. I'm going to price this out with a competant shop next week. Wouldn't make the change for less than 15 hp.

Probably wouldn't bother doing head pipe back, without random technology cats and good headers. The HP to cost ratio will never balance for this.

With a catback exhaust cel's will NOT be an issue.

Dyno sheets with a gain of 15 hp are gauranteed. Ive been meaning to stop back by the shop where i dynoed after my exhaust so i can post the graphs.

I also agree stainless steel mendrels bends are a must. As far as legal sound constraints every state is different and id never try to make any gaurantee on that. Keep in mind little private shops who usually make bad a$$ specialty parts for cars dont have unlimited funding for decibal testing and what not...id sell it with and "off road only" disclaimer...and you do with it what you see fit.

Crossovers will not be needed if you use a merge collector/y-pipe. Adding a true crossove/x-pipe will only be used if you are running a dual design. A member on here did this and ran the piping on both sides of the diff. The problem is your adding more weight, less clearance, and i think he had to remove a plastic cover/shield to pass around the passenger side of the diff.

Be sure to get back with me on what your shop quotes you, im interested to know. Also let me know materials like if they are going so far as to use 100% stainless even on the hangers(very rare)...or if this is something that you even care about.

How about something like this except with a POLISHED MUFFLER AND REAL TIPS?
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...6&d=1207769323

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 04-17-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:41 PM

How about something like this except with a POLISHED MUFFLER AND REAL TIPS?
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...6&d=1207769323
"That's hot ..."

Old 04-18-2008, 02:11 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a few questions...trying to make sure im understanding correctly.

So you had a cat-back system built last year for the SRT-6 and none of us have heard of it?

The company is called Awesome Performance? What is RSM?

Seeing as how he lives in Cali, does he have an SRT6 on hand or a jig to make multiple units 100% identical? Or does he just plan on "eyeing it"?

Is it fully tig welded stainless? Is he utilizing the stock exhaust flanges for a simple bolt on design or is he HACKING OFF and reusing the stock ones?

What muffler/s are you using?

Better yet can you post PICS and a PRICE?

Thanks.
well he used my car....its a one off exhaust not for resale and he never intended build it to make money from others....the exhaust system is a complete one off piece! He is using a magna flow 14807 dual outlet muffler...with a custom 3 inch inlet! the cats are high flow cats and custom built down pipes, custom flanges and no its not a hack job! I have too much love for my car!

RSM is rancho santa margarita

Old 04-18-2008, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by freakingfastsrt6
well he used my car....its a one off exhaust not for resale and he never intended build it to make money from others....the exhaust system is a complete one off piece! He is using a magna flow 14807 dual outlet muffler...with a custom 3 inch inlet! the cats are high flow cats and custom built down pipes, custom flanges and no its not a hack job! I have too much love for my car!

RSM is rancho santa margarita
Ok thanks for clearing that up for me. It sounds like a nice option for someone that lives nearby and can actually take their car to his location. Without him having a car on hand all day everyday or a jig he wont be producing these and shipping them to anyones door ready for bolt on.

I hate to break it to you, but if you have muffler part number 14807, the inlet is a skinny 2.25", not 3".
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=7067

I spent a LONG TIME researching the cost and availability of what muffler to choose. For my personal car i wanted a nice but raw look with the best performance available. Nice because its TIG welded stainless with dual tips to keep a somewhat stock appearance...vs a single ricer tip. Raw because there is no shinny bling polished tips or mufflers.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:36 AM
RPM

I would be interested in a catback for the SRT6.
For me, it would have to be:
All stainless
Completely bolt on.
~15+hp increase.
Not overly loud.

I've been pondering making my own true dual system using two Magnaflows similar to the na Crossfire Magnaflow catback and a Magnaflow X pipe.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:30 AM

All stainless
Completely bolt on.
~15+hp increase.
Not overly loud.

+1....

Old 04-18-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by RPM
All stainless
Completely bolt on.
~15+hp increase.
Not overly loud.

I've been pondering making my own true dual system using two Magnaflows similar to the na Crossfire Magnaflow catback and a Magnaflow X pipe.
I assume you are referring to part number 16633:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/16633_lg.jpg

The important part is that the muffler doesnt restrict smaller than 2 1/4". And thats only ok if theres two separate pipes. If you use a Magnaflow x pipe you will discover that youll need to hack the stock crossover or modify the mid pipes...maybe both.

RPM and SRT6'er, since you both have the same taste what would you be willing to pay for a bolt on unit ready for install, not including shipping? Please keep in mind if your comparing to the N/A Magnaflow unit there will be TWICE the piping for a true dual sytem, this will inevitable up the cost.

Im still trying to figure out how realistic peoples expectations/budgets are.

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 04-18-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:49 AM

if we are talking about 15 + whp id be in for a cat back. i would want the a dual exhaust for sure. but my question is. if you are going with a 3inch pipe did you lose low end torque? and for 15 whp id be willing to pay about a grand

Quick Reply: What would you pay for a SRT-6 catback/fullback exhaust, and what would you want?