Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Battery light, Dead battery. Warranty work

Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery light, Dead battery. Warranty work

Well I took the 6 in for some warranty work today. The battery light came on and not long after the car went into limp mode while I was driving it. I pulled over to check the battery, and was unable to start it. Luckily I got a jump start and let it charge a few minutes and took it to auto-zone. recharged and tested the battery. The battery came back good and gave me enough juice to take it to the dealer the next day.

While I was there and told them to fix the headlight covers(Glazed,faded look to them), and also my tire pressure sensor light was staying on, on the dash.

p.s. Admin please fix the thread title to work not woork... =P

Last edited by ProjectMayhem; 07-08-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Battery light, Dead battery. warranty woork

WARNING "this is mostly ranting and complaining about my dealership service department experience"

Well we are on day 6 no with no srt6. and I have to say my trust in this dealerships service shop is gone. Now when i took the car in i explained to them the battery was good but the charging system wasn't working. and left them with the other 2 bits of information in my last post. Well I called a few days later and asked how things were going and i was told they had replaced the battery, I stopped him there and asked the battery tested bad? he said yes we tested the battery and it was bad and replaced your old one. I explained to him that i had charged the battery and tested it and it was good and asked if they had looked at the dash in the car after they put they new battery in to make sure the battery light wasn't still on. He repeated that the battery was bad and they put a new one in. At that point i figured ok fair enough they know more than me about the vehicle and I'm glad it was just a bad battery.

Well i called today under the impression it would be finished boy was i wrong. I was told that the car will be in another 3 days while waiting on an ALTERNATOR. Ok, now I'm officially agitated. I told them the battery was fine and that something in the charging system wasn't working.

Lets just say when this is all said and done the service department manager will be hearing from me when the vehicle is finished, and if his words dont sooth me possibly higher

Last edited by ProjectMayhem; 07-14-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Look at the bright side! You'll have a shiny new battery to go along with your shiny new alternator!

Just yankin' your chain, I'd be pissed too.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Forum Regular

Ya i thought about that max but at 6,000 miles they were already pretty darn new

Old 07-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Battery light, Dead battery. Warranty work

when i take mine in, i just hold my breath.

the fact. battery is 3 years old. when the alt. fails (stressing the charging system) on a battery of that age, it will often take the battery with it. the battery won't hold a sufficient load any longer the run the car's systems.

like max said, new battery and alt under warranty. my dealership has one (1) guy who is xfire-trained and i **hope** he doesn't decide to go anywhere else (ie; the many cerberus rumors). i've taken mine in twice for minor tweaks (it has 2.5k mikes on it) and the first time they told me one day and it ended up being five. the second time was one day and it was out by lunch-time!

service advisors and managers work with "normal" chrysler product everyday. our cars are far from a sebring. and with my one german-dna'd xfire in the dealer garage amongst a crowd of jeeps, 300's, ram trucks, and minivans, i just want them to do the job right.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem
Ya i thought about that max but at 6,000 miles they were already pretty darn new
OUCH!!! Gotta' Hate that!!!