Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Crossfire vs. Civic @ PCH?

Old 08-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire vs. Civic @ PCH?

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
My "driving home in a Crossfire" was a bit tongue in cheek - this is a Crossfire forum after all.
With all due respect, I'm using that excuse too, if I ever get beat! It's just annoying when a bigger car pulls rank on you.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by fastfunfor2
I think I recognize 1-4 from our gang, but who drove off a cliff?
No one from the forum!
Grand Canyon, some years ago. There is a thread around here somewhere with a link to the article. No way to go, IMO!

Old 08-25-2008, 05:45 PM

A Civic needs 18psi of boost to be running 13's. Engine, turbos, drivetrain -- that's at least $20k+ worth of mods plus the donor car. More than the cost of an SRT6. More than a two year old STI or Evo. If they line up, which one is the fancy car? I can appreciate the kid running high 12's in the old fox platform Mustang he spend a few grand modifying. But unless someone is in the business of peddling Honda performanc parts, I can't even begin to understand spending those kinds of dollars modifying one.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Uh-huh. Try telling that to the 11 and 12 second Civics I've seen run at the dragstrip here in SoCal. No doubt I'd still rather have a Crossfire SRT6 than any Civic ever built - hell, I'd rather have my Limited Roadster than any Civic ever built - but never underestimate what can be done with virtually any car. And never forget the old adage "there's always someone faster". Assuming it's all Pep Boys bits and baubles will just get your *** handed to you.

Of course, you'd get to drive home in a Crossfire regardless the outcome, so you still win.
I highly doubt any of those civics running 11's or 12's are on street tires. Are they going to roll up on me on the street with fattys in the front? Waste of time IMO. I did finally give into a Golf 1.8t with atleast what I could tell was an exhaust,lowered, custom paint job, and a loud blowoff valve. It was on a long two lane highway onramp and I crushed him so bad he gave up. I tried waiting for him on the highway driving like going 40 mph but somehow he was going even slower not trying to catch up, LOL. I think I hurt his pride.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:18 PM
THREE 6S

In all honesty, those “ricers” are no different from those of us with pulleys or tunes or intakes etc. We all want to boost the performance of our choice vehicle, if that’s your thing. I have no problem crushing unsuspecting “ricers”, just so they will have a good story to tell about the mysterious bat winged Sebring. <Yes someone asked is that the new Sebring coupe today> .

Old 08-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Montana Crossfire
WHAT HAS THE CROSSFIRE SRT-6 BECOME?????
It is concidered by some as a world class driver and the "new" owners of them, since the bottom of the market fell out making them CHEAP are out playing with the same little Rice burning toy cars they did when they were driving rice with tincan mufflers, slap on Neon lights and plastic body art. If you want to run against cars, mearly grin at the rice junk and wait for some real cars and challenges to come along.
German hand built, Japanese import with Checker auto and Pep Boys????
Not even a decission, be proud of what your driving.
Enjoy the Ride...
Mike
Wow. What an ignorant post. You drive a Chrysler, not a Ferrari.

A Civic with 200HP that weighs 1800lbs or less can be a monster, and should be respected. Otherwise you're going to look like a damn fool one day.

I love the "slap neons on with plastic body art" comment when damn near every aftermarket exterior part for this car someone pops us with "CAN I GET IT IN CHROME!!?!?!?"

Please.

Aren't we all driving WAYY over priced mid-life-crisis-mobiles!? That makes us better than them?

Originally Posted by No1Piranha
A Civic needs 18psi of boost to be running 13's. Engine, turbos, drivetrain -- that's at least $20k+ worth of mods plus the donor car. More than the cost of an SRT6. More than a two year old STI or Evo. If they line up, which one is the fancy car? I can appreciate the kid running high 12's in the old fox platform Mustang he spend a few grand modifying. But unless someone is in the business of peddling Honda performanc parts, I can't even begin to understand spending those kinds of dollars modifying one.
20K worth of mods to get a Honda running 13's!?

That's completely false.

Honda engines have such a high compression they only need 7-9 lbs of boost with a stripped car to run a 13.

****, throw an N/A K20 (RSX motor) in a stripped Integra and watch the hell out.

Loud and annoying? Yes.

Potent in the right hands? YES.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Forum Regular

I'm not quite sure where this thread is heading but......

If you told me I could get a 500 HP Civic for a buck I would pass. I purchased the Crosssfire because-

A. I Love it
B. It's unique
C. I bunch of other stuff too

Go look out in any parking lot right now, they'll be at least 3 civics. My GF has on, and her sister too.
I don't know what you track guys feel but that is my opinion.

I don't car what company name is on it, Chrysler, MB, or Daewoo... I love my Crossfire

Old 08-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with you, rodimus! My mods are a wash and a full tank, too.

Give me an lonely country road with a few bends thrown in and My SRT and I will have a ball. Around here a street race lasts for 8 seconds and then your in trouble with traffic. Out of town on my own I can tear around like a scalded dog for a half an hour.(and 8 bucks in gas, as I found out Saturday) I only wish I had another crossfire bud to play tag with.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rodimus
I'm not quite sure where this thread is heading but......

If you told me I could get a 500 HP Civic for a buck I would pass. I purchased the Crosssfire because-

A. I Love it
B. It's unique
C. I bunch of other stuff too
I don't *want* a gutted, 500hp civic to take to work and "wow" clients. Or take a cruise up to Austin in. That's not what we're talking about.

We're talking about respecting a car in a race. That's it.

If you think that just because a car has a loud muffler, somehow its not worth your time and beneth you, you're going to get embarrassed.

MontanaSRT was talking like it was a waste of gas to race a gutted Civic with 200hp. DO THE MATH, that's 1/2 the weight of our cars with LESS than half of the HP.

The reason the thread starter was surprised that the Civic lost was because it probably beats asses on a regular basis.

Go look out in any parking lot right now, they'll be at least 3 civics. My GF has on, and her sister too.
I don't know what you track guys feel but that is my opinion.
You'll also probably see a couple of Camaro's and a couple of Mustang GT's. What does that mean?

As for your girlfriend owning one....go look at your average Crossfire owner...are you dillusional?

What's next, are we going to debate RESALE VALUE?

Last edited by Illegal Machine; 08-25-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
I don't *want* a gutted, 500hp civic to take to work and "wow" clients. Or take a cruise up to Austin in. That's not what we're talking about.

We're talking about respecting a car in a race. That's it.

If you think that just because a car has a loud muffler, somehow its not worth your time and beneth you, you're going to get embarrassed.

MontanaSRT was talking like it was a waste of gas to race a gutted Civic with 200hp. DO THE MATH, that's 1/2 the weight of our cars with LESS than half of the HP.

The reason the thread starter was surprised that the Civic lost was because it probably beats asses on a regular basis.

You'll also probably see a couple of Camaro's and a couple of Mustang GT's. What does that mean?

As for your girlfriend owning one....go look at your average Crossfire owner...are you dillusional?

What's next, are we going to debate RESALE VALUE?

Okay, calm down chief. I don't go to tracks and race, I'll mess around just driving to and fro. I'm not putting down your civic, or whatever reason your taking such offense to me not wanting one. I'm never going to be a serious performance modder. If I was, it wouldn't be a civic though. I like the way the crossfire LOOKS... It just so happens my SRT his friggin fun to drive. The civic ,, looks like , a car(I dunno).

Who am I to judge, you are correct. It's just one delirious opinion. Maybe if I was 18 and wanted to drift around a parking lot I would feel different. Maybe you can star in "4 fast 4 Furious-Civics are cool"

Old 08-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Forum Regular

Okay, calm down chief. I don't go to tracks and race, I'll mess around just driving to and fro. I'm not putting down your civic, or whatever reason your taking such offense to me not wanting one. I'm never going to be a serious performance modder. If I was, it wouldn't be a civic though. I like the way the crossfire LOOKS... It just so happens my SRT his friggin fun to drive. The civic ,, looks like , a car(I dunno).
Ok....can you not read?

I own a Crossfire SRT-6. We're not talking about looks. We're talking about RACING CARS.

If you don't know anything about racing cars, then leave, because the fact that you like suede and leater seats over cloth Honda seats isn't really what anyone it talking about.

Who am I to judge, you are correct. It's just one delirious opinion. Maybe if I was 18 and wanted to drift around a parking lot I would feel different. Maybe you can star in "4 fast 4 Furious-Civics are cool"
A) How do you drift a FWD Civic?

B) There are SEVERAL members on this forum with underglow neons, chrome....EVERYTHING, Carbon fiber trim, "lambo" doors.

C) A supercharged Crossfire has SO much in common with a gutted Civic, its unbelieveable.

When someone on this forum totally takes an M3 owner by surprise and beats them in a race...why are the surprised? BECAUSE CROSSFIRES (much like Civics) ARE SLOW!

If faster cars never gave (what they THINK is a) slower cars a chance, nobody on this forum would ever get anyone to race. If I drive a mid 13 second Mustang, why do I care if some old guy in a 15 second crossfire is trying to race me? Why waste the gas?

Last edited by Illegal Machine; 08-25-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Forum Regular

Illegal Machine.

I got it, I will leave this thread. I'm not a racer, I do like fast cars though, just not the mods. I get where your coming from now though. If I ever want a career as a racer I will trade in my SRT-6, with Sude, for a civic. Thank you for schooling me on this topic. Actually I'd be in heaven if I could just put my Suede seats in a civic.

I enjoy my fast car, am I wrong for keeping my SRT stock? I mod my computers and hook those up,, am I cool now?

Thanks Champ, I had to get my civic driving GF to read your last post.

She just got back from the track actually..

Old 08-25-2008, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
BECAUSE CROSSFIRES (much like Civics) ARE SLOW!?
Ouch!! Wha??

Old 08-25-2008, 07:56 PM

Illegal machine, I understand where your coming from, but you are not going to sway anybody into caring if a civic with a loud muffler pulls up to them and wants to race. ITS NOT WORTH THE GAS! If I'm going to risk getting caught it sure isn't going to be against a civic. They are a dime a dozen and 90% of them couldn't break into the 14's on a good day with a 100 mph tail wind on the salt flats with a five man push start. Now if I knew for a fact they had a highly modded car and they were talking junk, I would race them. For the most part tho, they are a waist of gas. Pull up to me in my corolla and I might givem a go.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 PM

I enjoy my fast car, am I wrong for keeping my SRT stock?
UMMMMMM,YES!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Ouch!! Wha??
ROTFL, too funny.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
Illegal machine, I understand where your coming from, but you are not going to sway anybody into caring if a civic with a loud muffler pulls up to them and wants to race. ITS NOT WORTH THE GAS! If I'm going to risk getting caught it sure isn't going to be against a civic. They are a dime a dozen and 90% of them couldn't break into the 14's on a good day with a 100 mph tail wind on the salt flats with a five man push start. Now if I knew for a fact they had a highly modded car and they were talking junk, I would race them. For the most part tho, they are a waist of gas. Pull up to me in my corolla and I might givem a go.
Do you realize you just described the base Crossfire? Do you realize that everyone thinks our cars are regular Crossfires? Do you think that 99% of the people driving around can look at our car and "know for a fact" that we have a supercharged AMG engine?

Most of us love the SRT-6 because its rare and a TOTAL "sleeper". The gutted bondo Civic is the consumate sleeper, guys.

That's my point.

The fact that a Crossfire owner would not give another car the time of day because its "supposed to be slow" is totally hypocritical.

And I'd have to argue that getting arrested for street racing, and having my car impounded isn't "worth it" weither its an M3, Aston Martin or a Kia.

If you're street racing to begin with, its hard for me to take any moral stance against racing a Honda seriously.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
UMMMMMM,YES!

LOL--

I had some bad experiences with my limited. I'm pretty much scared to death that I will void my warranty with anything on my SRT......LOL I even bring it to Chrysler to unscrew my gas cap at this point.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:11 PM

Man I bought the extended warranty and look at my sig. I'm like screw it, this car is a total beast with mods. I could never go back to stock now that I know a lil of what these cars are capable of. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Forum Regular

Illegal Machine.

I got it, I will leave this thread. I'm not a racer, I do like fast cars though, just not the mods. I get where your coming from now though. If I ever want a career as a racer I will trade in my SRT-6, with Sude, for a civic. Thank you for schooling me on this topic. Actually I'd be in heaven if I could just put my Suede seats in a civic.
You haven't read a single word I've typed, have you? We're not talking about how nice a car is, or its build quality, or which one you'd rather own. Nobody ever mentioned anything about that.

I'm talking about lining two cars up and hitting the "go" button. That's it. That's what this entire thread is about.

So run along.

I enjoy my fast car, am I wrong for keeping my SRT stock? I mod my computers and hook those up,, am I cool now?
Nope. Still an arrogant asshat.

Thanks Champ, I had to get my civic driving GF to read your last post.

She just got back from the track actually..
You are aware that there are middle aged men and women (the sterotype owner of this car) who have spent $400.00 on an intake for a 15 second car. OMG and THEY POST ON THIS BOARD TOO!!!!11!11

What a tool.

Quick Reply: Crossfire vs. Civic @ PCH?