Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Crossfire vs. Civic @ PCH?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire vs. Civic @ PCH?

I heard through the grapevine of a Crossfire (most likely SRT-6) that pulled a Civic on PCH (Hwy 1). Said Civic was supposedly built, and also supposedly looked the part. It was putting down a pretty decent amount to the wheels, all-motor, and was set up suspension-wise and weight-wise. Curious if it was anybody here. The Civic driver was definitely surprised by the SRT-6.

This was PCH in the SoCal area.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crossfire vs. Civic @ PCH?

Originally Posted by LookieLou
I heard through the grapevine of a Crossfire (most likely SRT-6) that pulled a Civic on PCH (Hwy 1). Said Civic was supposedly built, and also supposedly looked the part. It was putting down a pretty decent amount to the wheels, all-motor, and was set up suspension-wise and weight-wise. Curious if it was anybody here. The Civic driver was definitely surprised by the SRT-6.

This was PCH in the SoCal area.
Not hard to believe. I ran an RSX Type S with a lot of head work done and a 100 shot of spray and I left him like wasn't even trying. 60-110 I put about 4-5 lengths on him. He was claiming 308 HP at the wheels with the 100 Shot

Old 08-24-2008, 09:11 PM

Not saying the result was surprising... Civic wasn't built for a straight line, but it still claimed 220fwhp and lighter weight. To be honest, if I went up against any Civic, I'd be pretty surprised if they could keep up (I figure the chances of coming across a 400-500-600whp Civic is pretty rare on the street). I was more curious if that Crossfire owner was a member of this board.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by LookieLou
Not saying the result was surprising... Civic wasn't built for a straight line, but it still claimed 220fwhp and lighter weight. To be honest, if I went up against any Civic, I'd be pretty surprised if they could keep up (I figure the chances of coming across a 400-500-600whp Civic is pretty rare on the street). I was more curious if that Crossfire owner was a member of this board.
Yeah, come take a bow!!!

Old 08-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

Don't pick on the poor Civics.

Personally I have my SRT sights raised a bit higher then a Civic

Old 08-24-2008, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cal_Cobra

Yeah, but they usually have an ego big enough to justify bursting...

Old 08-25-2008, 04:59 AM
THREE 6S

Originally Posted by Cal_Cobra

Like what a 6-series, M3, Boxer-S, Evo8, Cobra, Vette, GTO…….Thanks LET ! I know there are cars faster than mine but not the ones I pulled, pushed and passed .

Old 08-25-2008, 07:00 AM

WHAT HAS THE CROSSFIRE SRT-6 BECOME?????
It is concidered by some as a world class driver and the "new" owners of them, since the bottom of the market fell out making them CHEAP are out playing with the same little Rice burning toy cars they did when they were driving rice with tincan mufflers, slap on Neon lights and plastic body art. If you want to run against cars, mearly grin at the rice junk and wait for some real cars and challenges to come along.
German hand built, Japanese import with Checker auto and Pep Boys????
Not even a decission, be proud of what your driving.
Enjoy the Ride...
Mike

Old 08-25-2008, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Montana Crossfire
It is concidered by some as a world class driver and the "new" owners of them, since the bottom of the market fell out making them CHEAP are out playing with the same little Rice burning toy cars they did when they were driving rice with tincan mufflers, slap on Neon lights and plastic body art. If you want to run against cars, mearly grin at the rice junk and wait for some real cars and challenges to come along.
Enjoy the Ride...
Mike
I fully understand your point. At the same time, not everybody purchased this car for its looks and luxury. I sure hope you're not tossing HDDP in this same group because he's running against Integras, RSXs, and whatnot. Please understand that once you take away the luxury trappings, those "rice" cars are unfortunately very competitive with the base Crossfire (and some of those "rice" cars have even more graceful handling, despite being FWD). And when they're heavily modded, that "rice" can be more than a match for the SRT-6's as well. While some may define a "real car", as you say, simply by its body panels, others would like to think that a "real car" only proves itself when dropping the hammer on the throttle.

BTW, my engine may be German, but my interior screams stereotypical American.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:55 AM

Also, keep in mind that, statistically speaking, hondas are second in the top four causes of accidents for Crossfires:

1. Front end collision with stationary object.
2. Hit by a Honda
3. Falling objects, namely tree branches, basketball hoops, and baseball bats.
4. Hit in parking lot by huge-a$$ pickup truck
5. Driving off a cliff.

Last edited by sonoronos; 08-25-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Also, keep in mind that, statistically speaking, hondas are second in the top four causes of accidents for Crossfires:

1. Front end collision with stationary object.
2. Hit by a Honda
3. Falling objects, namely tree branches, basketball hoops, and baseball bats.
4. Hit in parking lot by huge-a$$ pickup truck
5. Driving off a cliff.
I think I recognize 1-4 from our gang, but who drove off a cliff?

Old 08-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Forum Regular

"...but my interior screams stereotypical American."

what? i don't think so. it's all icon-based. the only thing that may be stereotypical would be the srt stitching (sure ain't the cupholder).

Old 08-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

fastforfun2, think 'silver'

MikeR

Old 08-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Forum Regular

Enjoy the Ride...
Mike

I have to totally agree with this.

I have yet to engage one of the many Honda Civics on the road. I usually laugh and wave. But I haven't come across any extremely heavily modded ricers. That must cost a fortune???

Old 08-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Forum Regular

Ditto what those two said ^^^^^^^

Old 08-25-2008, 04:36 PM

Why does every slammed Civic fell compelled to take a run at every performance car they come across -- especially those that grossly outlcass them from a performance stand-point? It's not just the SRT6, I get it with my Evo too. Once upon a time Civics were cheap, light cars readily available used cars with better than average multi-link suspensions, a smooth shifting 5 speed, and an engine that at least liked to rev though being low on grunt. With that as a starting point, I can understand kids spending a few bucks to firm/lower the suspension up a bit and to get some more air flowing through the engine (though big wings on FWD cars still leave me scratching my head). A recent vintage Civic is almost 3,000 lbs with 120ft/lbs of torque at the front wheel, and a stock suspension that plows as bad as a Taurus', and relatively speaking is pricey as a used car. Virtually anything can be made fast with enough money, time and patience invested, but the notion of tacking $3k in bolt on parts and cosmetic upgrades onto one and then going out "hunting" cars with 300+whp/torque is just silly.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Enjoy the Ride...
Mike
Uh-huh. Try telling that to the 11 and 12 second Civics I've seen run at the dragstrip here in SoCal. No doubt I'd still rather have a Crossfire SRT6 than any Civic ever built - hell, I'd rather have my Limited Roadster than any Civic ever built - but never underestimate what can be done with virtually any car. And never forget the old adage "there's always someone faster". Assuming it's all Pep Boys bits and baubles will just get your *** handed to you.

Of course, you'd get to drive home in a Crossfire regardless the outcome, so you still win.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Uh-huh. Try telling that to the 11 and 12 second Civics I've seen run at the dragstrip here in SoCal. No doubt I'd still rather have a Crossfire SRT6 than any Civic ever built - hell, I'd rather have my Limited Roadster than any Civic ever built - but never underestimate what can be done with virtually any car. And never forget the old adage "there's always someone faster". Assuming it's all Pep Boys bits and baubles will just get your *** handed to you.

Of course, you'd get to drive home in a Crossfire regardless the outcome, so you still win.
+1... I once ran vs. a 13 second Civic in bracket racing (not in the xF)... I heard a raspy fartcan exhaust and thought he was all talk with his 13.2 dial-in, so I didn't take the run seriously... he had already caught up and blown by me before we hit 660 ft... That was ugly.

I agree with "driving home in a Crossfire", but I hear that excuse way too many times from fancy car owners to justify a loss. Would you accept that excuse if you just put bus lengths on a BMW 750i that was actually trying?

Old 08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertFox
+1... I once ran vs. a 13 second Civic in bracket racing (not in the xF)... I heard a raspy fartcan exhaust and thought he was all talk with his 13.2 dial-in, so I didn't take the run seriously... he had already caught up and blown by me before we hit 660 ft... That was ugly.

I agree with "driving home in a Crossfire", but I hear that excuse way too many times from fancy car owners to justify a loss. Would you accept that excuse if you just put bus lengths on a BMW 750i that was actually trying?
You know, you buy the car you like and enjoy it. If you're faster than someone else, big freakin' deal. If the next guy smokes you, so what? You get to drive home in the car you like and that you're happy with, the car that turns you on. My "driving home in a Crossfire" was a bit tongue in cheek - this is a Crossfire forum after all.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
TVT_DESIGN

I bought a 1991 Honda Accord for $600.00. I put about 1200-1500 into it and that thing would make most SRT drivers nervous. Granted I did all the work and it was a junkyard build, but flying past cars in a 4 door 5 speed was a lot of fun.

From time to time I like to buy a car and just mod it till it blows. Previous beater was an 87 Firebird with the LG4.

It's all those suped up Kias and Geos that you have to really worry about. I hear some of those 3 cylinder cars are pushing 200 HP at the CRANK!!!

Quick Reply: Crossfire vs. Civic @ PCH?