Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds FOR SALE! Gain +32HP, +25TQ

Old 09-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds FOR SALE! Gain +32HP, +25TQ

Originally Posted by Cal_Cobra
My bad, your correct NW did say it was the ASP 178mm crank pulley (not the 185), which is supposed to be equivocal to the C3P SC pulley. Seems most folks are running either a crank or SC pulley and a CIA so either the 240 or NW manifold mods are welcome additions.

I have the 3CP SC pulley and their 6mm manifold space, as well as the NW CIA to install if my car ever gets delivered
Now you are a true modder. All the parts and your car isn't even in the driveway yet.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:10 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NW increased the tank size, and 240 increased the diameter of the tube.
The NW manifolds increase the tank size AND the diameter of the tube. Check out his pictures.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, sorry to get off topic but check these threads out while they still exists. I believe i am being treated unjustly buy moderator AMDEUTSH on MB World. Hes threatening to ban be on MB World for my strictly informative non for sale post. The thing is there is a NW manifold thread there and he hasnt so much as raised a curios eye about it.

Read post 61 here:
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showth...=260067&page=2

Check out this thread too:
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261644

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 09-20-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

Originally Posted by tom2112
The NW manifolds increase the tank size AND the diameter of the tube. Check out his pictures.
Thanks for the clarification Tom. That would probably explain why it's making another 10+ HP then. Hmmm...the plot thickens

Old 09-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Now you are a true modder. All the parts and your car isn't even in the driveway yet.
I blame it all on you guys, I was content just to get the SRT until I started reading these forums

I'm patiently (anxiously) awaiting delivery of my new (to me) SRT this morning.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Guys, sorry to get off topic but check these threads out while they still exists. I believe i am being treated unjustly buy moderator AMDEUTSH on MB World. Hes threatening to ban be on MB World for my strictly informative non for sale post. The thing is there is a NW manifold thread there and he hasnt so much as raised a curios eye about it.
Geesh, that sucks. I think it's great that both you and NW are making a similar mod, competition is good, it gives us choices.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:45 AM

I wonder what we would see with BOTH a tank increase as NW has done and the diameter increase of the tube as 240 has done, as both modifications have produced nice results.
NEEDSWINGS did combine both of these aspects. They increased the tube internal diameter while also increasing tank volume.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:12 AM

Read post 61 here:
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showth...=260067&page=2

Check out this thread too:
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261644
I was actually surprised your thread lasted as long as it did. They're pretty strict over there. Maybe you need to learn how to register under a different name, and "promote" your product instead of blatanly selling something in the title of your post.

You should be happy that you're thread is still listed under the SLK32 forum.

Last edited by indyjoe; 09-20-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by indyjoe
...You should be happy that you're thread is still listed under the SLK32 forum.
Alas, its link has been deactivated, too. Those MB guys are so uptight.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:46 AM

I like the method of 240M3SRT's mod its very creative and outside the box and just what makes this forum so great so keep up the work while quite guys watch and get ideas.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:46 AM

Thanks for the clarification Tom. That would probably explain why it's making another 10+ HP then. Hmmm...the plot thickens
Im still not convinced the increased tank size makes more power. Other differences can effect dyno numbers, and i leave it at that. I guess the only way to tell would be to test both manifolds same car, same dyno, same day, blah, blah, blah and i doubt that will happen for quite some time.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:09 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im still not convinced the increased tank size makes more power. Other differences can effect dyno numbers, and i leave it at that. I guess the only way to tell would be to test both manifolds same car, same dyno, same day, blah, blah, blah and i doubt that will happen for quite some time.
240 is correct. I saw a ten hp difference on my car by visiting two different Dynojet Dyno's. Just by changing the outside temps can effect the output. Also, I am seeing from all the different dyno graphs being posted, some people have the setting on SAE and some have it in STD. Just by changing the "smoothing" from 1 to 5 can change the HP. I can see on my graphs a 7hp difference by selecting STD instead of SAE.

The SAGA continues......

Old 09-21-2008, 01:06 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
240 is correct. I saw a ten hp difference on my car by visiting two different Dynojet Dyno's. Just by changing the outside temps can effect the output. Also, I am seeing from all the different dyno graphs being posted, some people have the setting on SAE and some have it in STD. Just by changing the "smoothing" from 1 to 5 can change the HP. I can see on my graphs a 7hp difference by selecting STD instead of SAE.

The SAGA continues......
I dynoed one cool evening (7PM) and then the following afternoon (2PM) on a warm and somewhat humid day. Both shops are next to airports, KCMA (77 ft) & KOXR (45 ft) but the DA on the second pull was calculated at 1,200 ft. Measured a 12HP difference (362-351) / 362 = .03 or 3% percent. Same Car, Different Dynos - Different Days - but close enough for evaluation...

Last edited by BrianBrave; 09-21-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

wow, I think I'll just keep watching until I have the $$$ and then make a decision...but I do think this mod is a good one regardless who get the $$$$...

Old 09-21-2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
wow, I think I'll just keep watching until I have the $$$ and then make a decision...but I do think this mod is a good one regardless who get the $$$$...
I think it comes down to a few differences: 1) $$$$$$$ 2) Stock look that is hand made vs a cool modified looking piece that comes in your choice of colors and is machined made. 3) Other mods (the Needswings bigger tanks "might" come into play and be an advantage for a heavily modified car)

I don't know about #3, but it seems to make sense. I'm already on the list for the NW ones, but I think both are good options. I know some people prefer to keep a stock "stealth" look. I'm not in that group. And from a personal opinion, I just think more research and testing went into the NW manifolds, which is worth the money to me.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by indyjoe
I think it comes down to a few differences: 1) $$$$$$$ 2) Stock look that is hand made vs a cool modified looking piece that comes in your choice of colors and is machined made. 3) Other mods (the Needswings bigger tanks "might" come into play and be an advantage for a heavily modified car)

I don't know about #3, but it seems to make sense. I'm already on the list for the NW ones, but I think both are good options. I know some people prefer to keep a stock "stealth" look. I'm not in that group. And from a personal opinion, I just think more research and testing went into the NW manifolds, which is worth the money to me.
Im all about the hardcore look too...just not the $1500 price tag. Id put the savings toward a tune and come out with a better package deal and even more power for less money.

BTW, i should have a set of manifolds ready to ship by this Friday for whomevers interested.

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 09-21-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:14 PM

Increasing the diamater of a restriction is hardly stealing somone elses idea IMO. NW manifolds are complete replacements, mine are modified stock units...not really the same at all, though they both provide nice gains.
My point was Rob was nice enough to show the progress he made, however very slow. And you were keen enough to pick up on the actual part of the mod that will really make the power, the restriction! And come up with your own idea about how to remedy it. If he did not show his progress and pics, I doubt you would have thought of it on your own. Yes you took a different approach, but still his thought and research, and thats what you get for trusting people when they prod you for updates(have you not called him about how his work?), I have helped several members here online and offline( you were getting ready to buy new injectors even though ours can handle 500+hp easy with the stock ones, and I told you not needed right?) Anyway good luck with your new Biz!Hope you make a couple of G's off Rob's research.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:03 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
My point was Rob was nice enough to show the progress he made, however very slow. And you were keen enough to pick up on the actual part of the mod that will really make the power, the restriction! And come up with your own idea about how to remedy it. If he did not show his progress and pics, I doubt you would have thought of it on your own. Yes you took a different approach, but still his thought and research, and thats what you get for trusting people when they prod you for updates(have you not called him about how his work?), I have helped several members here online and offline( you were getting ready to buy new injectors even though ours can handle 500+hp easy with the stock ones, and I told you not needed right?) Anyway good luck with your new Biz!Hope you make a couple of G's off Rob's research.
I hope he does to - after all it was, as you say "his own idea" - why pay more for when you can get the same performance gains for less then 1/2 the price?? (best bang for the buck...right) BTW - That's called innovation - Unless you want to pay the extra $800 for a logo...still waiting to see 1/4 mile time slips....dyno's don't really mean anything....right?

My money has loyalty to no one but me......(and my family)....

Last edited by BrianBrave; 09-21-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
I hope he does to - after all it was, as you say "his own idea" - why pay more for what you can get the same performance for less then 1/2 the price?? (best bang for the buck...right) BTW - That's called innovation - Unless you want to pay the extra $800 for a logo...still waiting to see 1/4 mile time slips....dyno's don't really mean anything....right?

My money has loyalty to no anyone but me......(and my family)....
Once again you missed the point, if Rob did not speak too soon and share his research with the community, this would not be available as even a thought. ( WARNING TO FUTURE VENDORS! ) And yes dyno's are pointless if your a 1/4 mile kinda guy, which based on your previous post you're not so I'm not even sure why you care? The car in it's stock form is good enough to do some canyon type stuff. Anyway I don't really care either, just warning all future vendors to not share there future mods as there are some theifs out there!

Old 09-21-2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
I hope he does to - after all it was, as you say "his own idea" - why pay more for when you can get the same performance gains for less then 1/2 the price?? (best bang for the buck...right) BTW - That's called innovation - Unless you want to pay the extra $800 for a logo...still waiting to see 1/4 mile time slips....dyno's don't really mean anything....right?

My money has loyalty to no one but me......(and my family)....
Sorry, but that's a dumb statement. I mean, it's not like we're buying a generic loaf of bread at walmart. I'm paying $800 more not for a logo, but for all the research and testing that went into it. The professional design, machining, and coating with a proven vendor that has stood behind products in the past.

You're buying a one off piece hand made by an individual. What if the welds don't hold after a few months? What if the gains are different on the one you get? What if it leaks?

good luck.

Quick Reply: 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds FOR SALE! Gain +32HP, +25TQ