Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

I'm going faster...but not enough yet

Old 10-30-2008, 07:50 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm going faster...but not enough yet

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
GO TO HELL!

Oh your just mad because it was 80 degrees here today and you are covered in SNOW!!! I might just drive the SRT6 to work tomorrow and think about yours still being in the GARAGE!!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Oh your just mad because it was 80 degrees here today and you are covered in SNOW!!! I might just drive the SRT6 to work tomorrow and think about yours still being in the GARAGE!!!!
Wow that was mean lol.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bulldogger
Two possible problems, one the weak battery can cause some of the emissions to go of line and the car does not run at optimum performance. My battery was disconnected and it took 598 miles to get it back to running right. Two the new mani's need some time for the computer to adjust to the additional air flow, the two issues together well.....
Exactly how did you come up with these statistics? How did you come up with exactly 598 miles? Did you know that when the engine is running the car is not running off the battery so why would it make a difference with our without a battery and why in the hell would you be driving 598 miles with your battery disconnected?

Can you post up your proof of your claim in that post, your data log files, your wideband results and your dyno results?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This threads name is officially changed again to:

FIGHT CLUB

Old 10-31-2008, 07:53 AM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Running a car off the alternator by itself is not an issue for modern cars. It is a real solid test of the voltage regulation system, and I used to do that for that reason.

Sounds like he was intimating that the system was not back to normal till 5xx miles of driving.

Enjoy, Woody

Old 10-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Forum Regular

The car runs without a battery, not the same as a bad one. I had my battery disconnected, and then brought the car in for emissions testing and the sensors where not online, it took 598 miles till the scan tool showed everything to be emissions compliant. During this time the afr was runing rich from idle on up, it started getting better but didn't reset the emissions sensors till we went 598 miles. I originally thought the tune was wrong but after speaking to Jerry at LET he had the same problem with his C32. Easy to confirm. Disconnect your battery for a few minutes then reconnect now use a simple scan tool to check the engine status it will tell you what emission sensors are off line, same ones which I listed in another post, 3 of them. You will be driving around for a while till they come back on.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:49 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This happened to me when I first took delivery of my SRT6.

They rolled it off the truck in front of my work - and the first thing I did was run over to the shop for a smog test - less then 100 miles and it failed. (no sensor reading from the OBD port) - I had them check the air pressure on the tires and proceeded to cruz down PCH and over to Decker Canyon Road and just let her rip...12 miles of some sweet twisties....

Got back to the shop and passed smog no problem then ran over to AAA and got that bad boy registerd and insured.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bulldogger
The car runs without a battery, not the same as a bad one. I had my battery disconnected, and then brought the car in for emissions testing and the sensors where not online, it took 598 miles till the scan tool showed everything to be emissions compliant. During this time the afr was runing rich from idle on up, it started getting better but didn't reset the emissions sensors till we went 598 miles. I originally thought the tune was wrong but after speaking to Jerry at LET he had the same problem with his C32. Easy to confirm. Disconnect your battery for a few minutes then reconnect now use a simple scan tool to check the engine status it will tell you what emission sensors are off line, same ones which I listed in another post, 3 of them. You will be driving around for a while till they come back on.
Do you have a wideband on your car?

What datalogger do you use? I have the elmscan 5 usb and love it.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
This happened to me when I first took delivery of my SRT6.

They rolled it off the truck in front of my work - and the first thing I did was run over to the shop for a smog test - less then 100 miles and it failed. (no sensor reading from the OBD port) - I had them check the air pressure on the tires and proceeded to cruz down PCH and over to Decker Canyon Road and just let her rip...12 miles of some sweet twisties....

Got back to the shop and passed smog no problem then ran over to AAA and got that bad boy registerd and insured.
You had it easy, mine had 1351 on it when I disconnected the battery, it took till about 1950 till it would pass might have been because the tune, pulley, and intake went in at the time the batterry was disconnected.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
Do you have a wideband on your car?

What datalogger do you use? I have the elmscan 5 usb and love it.
My friend owns Dr Mikes Transmissions, he used a Genisys SPX something with a 6x4 view screen he was monitoring fuel pressure, rate and temps along with afr, then switched to tranny shaft output speed compared to speedometer speed. I was driving why he looked over the data screens.