Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Just test drove an SRT-6 by me

Old 02-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just test drove an SRT-6 by me

Hello everyone...I just test drove an srt-6 today and all i could say afterwords was "Wow". I knew it was going to be a great handling, fast car but holy crap. A friend of mine Jim (AMX1397) is a member here and he has been on my case about going out and test driving one of these. We both met on a Pt cruiser forum when i first started modding my car but right about when he was de-modding his. Jim told me," if you like the cruiser do yourself a favor and go test drive an srt-6", and i think it was the best advice i ever took from anyone. I absolutely love the car, everything about it. Needless to say i put an abrupt hault to further modification to my PT GT and decided to seriously consider buying a Crossfire SRT-6.

Now my problem is i have to sell my cruiser befor i could buy a crossfire. I highly doubt i could sell my PT on my own for a halfway decent price. I dont know if there are any dealers on this forum but trading it in would be my best bet. The one dealership by me wants $23k for a srt-6 vert with 18k on it. Now yes, its a vert, yes low miles but thats seems way to much for what ive seen them go for on ebay and on here. I am currently working up the funds to buy one and i was wondering if anyone knew of any srt-6 roadsters for sale anywhere remotely near New York. I plan on taking the car to the track on nice days so im trying to stay away from the convertable. If anyone has got any advice or info ide greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance...RJ

Old 02-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Default Re: Just test drove an SRT-6 by me

So, you want a convertible or not? I had mine for sale with a transferable warranty for $17,500 for a while til I decided to mod it.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 PM

Take into consideration when buying the roadster that your racing is limited.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
So, you want a convertible or not? I had mine for sale with a transferable warranty for $17,500 for a while til I decided to mod it.
i just sent you a PM before i realized you posted a reply sry bout that and no trying really hard to get a hard top. I know the srt6 is a limited production and hard to come by but ide prefer a hard top.

and as far as racing how do you mean limited?

Last edited by are2thejay; 02-11-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most race tracks will let you run once in a Roadster...then when they see your that fast they will not let you run again....They have rules against convertibles for safety....I believe any quicker then 13's and you have to have a roll bar or cage.....I am sure someone will post a link to the major players rules.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by RIOT
Most race tracks will let you run once in a Roadster...then when they see your that fast they will not let you run again....They have rules against convertibles for safety....I believe any quicker then 13's and you have to have a roll bar or cage.....I am sure someone will post a link to the major players rules.
The NHRA rule states that if you run faster than 13.5 in the 1/4 you must have a roll bar 2 inches above your helmut and a harness seatbelt.

Also the track will usually give you a warning the first run then ask you to leave after the second run under 13.5.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by RIOT
ohh ok i see, makes sense to me. Jim (amx1397) warned me about that so im trying to stay away from the convertibles and looking for a hard top. Do most tracks do that with the hard tops too or do they just mostly make a fuss with the verts?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by are2thejay
ohh ok i see, makes sense to me. Jim (amx1397) warned me about that so im trying to stay away from the convertibles and looking for a hard top. Do most tracks do that with the hard tops too or do they just mostly make a fuss with the verts?
Depends on your speed. When you get into the 10's, then you are looking at a full roll cage and harness.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
Depends on your speed. When you get into the 10's, then you are looking at a full roll cage and harness.
I have never even been in a car remotely capable of running a 10sec 1/4 mile let alone own one haha....ide be more then happy running 12's. I just love the car, it wouldnt be a daily driver at all ide just be doing a couple minor mods and taking it to the track just for fun. Unfortunatetly its got to replace something and my biggest challenge is selling my pt gt, i think thats going to be harder then actually finding an srt6 right now. I really want to own one so i'll do whatever i have to until there is one sitting in my garage

Last edited by are2thejay; 02-11-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck in selling your PT, and welcome. I fell in love with the car the first time I laid eyes on it. After the test drive, there was no way in the world I was leaving without it.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
Good luck in selling your PT, and welcome. I fell in love with the car the first time I laid eyes on it. After the test drive, there was no way in the world I was leaving without it.
Thank you, and thanks to everyone for all the fast responses so far i already feel right at home.

I always liked owning something different hence the PT. It's quite surprising the numbers it can put out and a lot of ppl dont know they come turbo. As far as the srt goes I dont have to tell you how i felt when i saw it b/c you pretty much hit the nail on the head. So hopelly there will be one in my near future

Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts

wellcome and now you start a whole new experience as i and a few other members have done,
and the mods per hp are a lot less jim

Old 02-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Forum Regular

Get the roadster. To hell with drag strips. Where will you be enjoying it the most? Daily or once in awhile at the track.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Forum Regular

I live in Orange county NY, you didn't by chance go to newburgh park motors did you?

If so Pm me, I have some interesting info you would want to know.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard and buy a roadster if you can. They are so rare and hopefully will be worth more money in the future. $50k plus brand new when they came out. There are some folks on here running 12's on certain tracks that allow it. Just check with the tracks near you.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking for a coupe but locally I found a beautiful blue roadster i was able to get 6k$ cheaper than the coupe I was looking at.

Hard not to buy it.

Still want a coupe, but have ZERO regrets on the roadster. My first convertable and I love it!

Old 02-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Forum Regular

Glad to see someone agree with my buy the roadster comment. They are indeed fun and few.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by rodimus
I live in Orange county NY, you didn't by chance go to newburgh park motors did you?

If so Pm me, I have some interesting info you would want to know.
oh wow no kidding another orange county guy....never thought that would happen thats great. I never had anyone that close to me from the pt forum....couple guys in the city were the closest. I am familiar with newburgh, its only 15 min away from me but i test drove the roadster at Mercedes Benz of Nanuet.....sent you a PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___05-TWO-SEATERS-CONVERTIBLE-PREMIUM-SPORTS-INFINITY_W0QQitemZ220355792586QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20T rucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?h ash=item220355792586&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkpar ms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Now you guys got me thinking more about the roadster. My PT is a vert and i was thinking about how i was going to miss that. I think when i sell my car im not goin to be that picky about the SRT6. I'll look at the ones that are up for sale at the time and go get one.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:44 PM

Buy one of each. At these insane prices it is possible! Just ask Franc.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Buy one of each. At these insane prices it is possible! Just ask Franc.
i suppose at the prices i've been seeing it is in fact very possible lol. im gunna work on getting one first then go from there

Quick Reply: Just test drove an SRT-6 by me