Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

That was Embarrassing

Old 04-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That was Embarrassing

Driving with my wife at 65mph, I have a black mustang GT( newer style) come up along side me, it is pretty loud so it has at least exhaust work, anyway I slap the auto stick once and with my exhaust change in tone he goes for it. He stays right along side my car for about .25 seconds and then I'm over 100 and he is about 7-10 cars behind us, so my wife says how come he isn't trying, so I just smiled and laughed. After I told her he did try I don't know who was more embarrassed my wife or him. After he lost he pulled all the way to the right lane and slowed down to about 55. I tried to run him again but he wouldn't look over our way and just kept trying to go slower.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: That was Embarrassing

that is soooooo crazy!!! same thing happened to me!!!! but surprisingly, the guy was quite 'cool.' he pulled up to me after the run, and said: "dude you beat me so bad, i need a supercharger!!!"

to which i replied(not kidding either) "You were racing me?????" LOL!!!!

how my situation occurred was, i was turning a corner with 2 left turning lanes, and i had just installed my new manifolds and wanted to test them out. apparently because my stereo was up so loud and i was so INTO my own car, i didn't notice him beside me as the light turned green! got him so bad outta the hole i didn't even notice there was another car until he was a distant set of headlights in my rearview, i SERIOUSLY had no idea he even tried!

Last edited by j-fire; 04-27-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh, and remember my post of me beating the guy in the porsche turbo-cabriolet? got to race him 3 times in a row from a slow roll to 70, and beat him every time.
and he STILL wouldn't talk to me, thumbs up - NOTHING. i even rolled my window down on the third race to talk to him, AND THE LITTLE SH*T floored it and tried to sneak a win on me!!!! he turned on his 'I win hazards' to be cocky too, and i still passed him. jerk.

sorry for the threadjack bulldogger! love swapping stories.

Last edited by j-fire; 04-27-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always enjoy reading "kill" stories. They never get old

Old 04-27-2009, 06:18 PM

I haven't even had my SRT for a week yet, and already a Mustang GT got too cocky.

I was on my way down to Eurocharged to fix the Johnson...he started prodding...I checked to see if thhe SC was engaged or crapping out currently...it was working...so he hit it, and then I did...

he was not pleased with the outcome...

especially since we started from a roll...

Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Forum Regular

My favorite so far was a time I was at a light at an intersection to a major road. Moments later after waiting at the light I hear a loud and bassy grumble from an exhaust behind me. I looked back and it was a fox-body mustang with pizza cutter front tires and HUGE rear tires. It sounded mean even at idle.

Light turns green I accelerate slow and smooth and decide to wait for him to pull the trigger. Low and behold he promptly guns it and swerves into the left lane to pass. SHOOT- I quickly gun it and wait for the auto to down-shift, by this time he's already beside me and pulling ahead slowly.....oh CRAP he's walking me!!!!

...as he starts to pull ahead he turns and makes eye contact with me and shakes his head real cocky as if to say "at ahhhh"

....a moment later the SRT-6 hits it's stride and makes up the 1/2 a car length and continues to pull on him 2-3 cars up to ...well I won't mention what speed I hit before I got scared and backed off.

I thought it was hillarious that moments after he thought he was winning and was being cocky I walked him. LMAO

Maybe even funnier- I was on the highway and noticed two cars directly in front of me racing- a WRX and a 350Z. Their exhausts hummed loudly in unison as they pulled away racing each other. I decided to be a d*ck- so I accelerated pulled around and passed both of them mid stride. I crazy part was I pulled past them as they were racing each other full throttle like they weren't even moving.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mustangs are fun to beat up on..............but Porsches are even better. I had a Caymen S come after me on the highway* when I had my nice boost leak and was only spiking 15lbs. Needless to say he lost the "fight" and after I let off the gas he did a (roughly) 130+mph flyby and proceeded to cut a bunch of people off to get away.

*All races depicted in this post are non-fiction and for entertainment perposes only.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
Mustangs are fun to beat up on..............but Porsches are even better. I had a Caymen S come after me on the highway* when I had my nice boost leak and was only spiking 15lbs. Needless to say he lost the "fight" and after I let off the gas he did a (roughly) 130+mph flyby and proceeded to cut a bunch of people off to get away.

*All races depicted in this post are non-fiction and for entertainment perposes only.

lol, that's also known as the famous "ricer flyby" Porsche owners can be ****** too.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:16 PM

enjoying that new tune on the way home huh?

Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by srtcoupe
enjoying that new tune on the way home huh?
Yea at least when I punch it at 65 it hooks up

Old 04-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Forum Regular

It must be the Spring weather that is getting the male hormones
running. I was pulling up to a stop light and I noticed a Dodge pickup.
Looked pretty sporty. After closer examination, it was an SRT10.
I pulled up next to him on his left. At green, he excellerated quickly so I stayed at his window so he could see me. I think he was tired of me being there so he gunned it going about 30mph. His tires chirped, I took off like a rocket. Shut down at 60, light changed to yellow. I stopped quickly.
AZ laws real strict on running lights. He tried to stop because I know he saw the SRT badge, but couldn't. He slowed down so I could catch up to him, but to much traffic. Never caught up to him. It would have been a great conversation. I don't consider a kill, but was fun.

Last edited by roncosrt6; 04-30-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I was on my way down to Eurocharged to fix the Johnson...he started prodding
Can I just say taking this comment out of context made me chuckle...just a little

Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

nothing like giving your old johnson a good prodding from time to time, at least not at my age...

Old 04-30-2009, 07:27 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I must be getting a reputation around here. No one has tried to race me yet this spring! I'm so disappointed.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
I must be getting a reputation around here. No one has tried to race me yet this spring! I'm so disappointed.
Same here! I haven't really had like a serious race with anyone and i've had the car since April last year. I'm not reckless, but nobody has even tried. I guess it scares people off or what?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Default Ya win some, ya lose some ...

Just today on the way to work, the highway opened up to the right so I passed several cars at a decent speed, one of which was a G35.

Up the road a bit, I saw the G35 charging hard in the left lane ... as he passed me at about 95mph or so, I pegged the gas and got right behind him ... "it's blower time!"

I was able to get right at his speed from 80, and then broke off into the right lane. I was moving past him very surely, so I looked over and smiled and kept the speed up until we hit traffic ahead. It is hard to say sometimes when other drivers are really trying, but seeing as I went back to my GPS to see that my speed had reached 137mph, I'd say he was trying.

On another note, about 2 weeks ago, I was heading up the highway and saw a Mercedes coming up a bit quick behind me. While going the same speed, I stepped on it, figuring I'd teach him a lesson. At about 130mph, he easily cruised past me ... I did not catch the car's class, but did catch the 4 exhaust tips and the "55 AMG" badge. My 3.2 liter V6 supercharged falling to a 5.5 liter V-8 supercharged is not such a bad thing .... but now I want THAT as my next ride!

Old 05-01-2009, 06:28 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Ya win some, ya lose some ...

Originally Posted by RacerDex
My 3.2 liter V6 supercharged falling to a 5.5 liter V-8 supercharged is not such a bad thing .... but now I want THAT as my next ride!
Yes, the 55 AMG's are pretty hot, and you can get a lot of power out of them. I've been looking, and you can pick up 3-4 year old CLS 55 AMG's with low miles for around $25k... this could be my next car... I wonder if there's an all-wheel-drive version so I can drive it in the winter?

Old 05-01-2009, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Wildbill
Can I just say taking this comment out of context made me chuckle...just a little
Haha, hilarious. That's my sense of humor too. Nonsensical 12yr old gutter humor. Seriously, I feel slightly ashamed that I did not catch that before posting. Haha

Originally Posted by RacerDex
"it's blower time!"
They should make a bumper sticker that says that...haha.

So I went to see Wolverine last night...it is a good movie as long as you were not heavily involved in the comic books as a child or teenager.

Anyways, I digress. The theater is a decent drive from my apartment, and as I'm leaving the parking lot I see an s2k and a '04 GT Mustang. I wasnt really in the mood, seeing as it was 2am and I had to get up for work at 6:30. So I just go and start my drive home, and sure enough both of them came flying onto the highway as I'm going home...dumb. They apparently saw me at the movie theater. I had my windows down as I was cruising and he rolled his down and wanted to see if I wanted to go. I said no with a polite shake of the head. Then, explitives began to ring out from the s2k. A couple Fs' along with a very loud P. Needless to say, I don't take kindly to those words. So I punched it and so did both of them. Well, seeing as the N/A crossfire is about even with a stock s2k he was a gonner and the '04 GT didn't fair much better. I'll give them an A for effort as they didnt give up. Didn't go to fast, GPS locked at 116mph. Then I slowed back down to cruising speeds. He came back up and started shouting things again. So I waved, rolled up the windows and ignored.

However, knowing what I know now (exhaustion) seeing Wolverine last night was a poor decision.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't have an SRT--- in 2005 when I bought my coupe I considered buying an SRT. At that time they were more expensive! Anyway... I love them and you guys are lucky!

What bothers me is when I am driving on the highway last month and an SRT pulls up next to me. I am in my coupe and he starts messing with me. He started punching it and showing off the power.... he was really trying to rag me on and get me to race. Most people on the road in Mustangs have no idea what kind of power an SRT has and I can see why you want to show them. But why would this guy mess with a fellow crossfire owner and egg me on in my coupe? Another crossfire owner knows the power of an SRT and there isn't a chance in hell we could beat him. Why even bother to show me when I already know!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 AM

I ran up on a 96 Z28 with flowmasters atleast who gunned on me while i was at adjacent light. So he must have waited but I finally spotted him and with get the red light. Green...we leave and you can hear his exhaust rising....he hears mine....we both are waiting. He has his girl....I had already tooken TC off..so I decide just to give him a little dose. I mash it and my baby breaks loose and steps sideways...so pretty!!! I lift to straighten car out... a car ahead of him. He wouldn't try me again. To top day off I get paced by a 06 Shelby GT500...I think he mostly wanted to view my car. I know about the power but I aint scared.lol

Quick Reply: That was Embarrassing