Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Zeitronix with a twist

Old 12-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Zeitronix with a twist

I upgraded my zeitronix to power off with the car and that is a real improvement from using the front IAM GONNA GET BUMPED ON BUTTON.

DIFFERENCE: I have the OBDII interface and if you power the zeitronix to power off you got problems down in river city. The manual tells you not to connect power to the black and red wires with the OBDII intereface.\

WHY: I like to see the water temp, the timing, the inlet air temp and all that stuff offered by the OBDII connector so to fix it I did the following.

A. open the OBDII cable somewhere and cut the ORANGE wire. Tape it back together after insulating the bare end.

B. Connect a ground to the two black leads on the connector for the Zei, that are sticking out of the connector.

C. Tie a red (your choice of color actually) wire from the zeitronix module red wire ( connected as Rudy described for a switched power lead) to the free red lead sticking out of the connector.

Now the OBDII connector will not power the module and the switched power will turn it on with the key.

BENEFITS: Powers off with the car.

You have the entire suite of data to watch as you choose.

The photos show the screens available to those that have not used the OBDII interface. There is really a lot of options.

Oh yeah: WEEKEND TAAA DAAA

Woody

Old 12-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Talking Re: Zeitronix with a twist

I wanted to show the clean up of the mounting.

There is the glove box that has the ZEI. in it which I never needed access to or to connect to so I moved it , cleaner =

And there is the photo that has the zei. behind the glove box.

ALSO there is enough room for a six pack and medium sub behind the computer mounted beneath the passenger floor carpet and MASSIVE computer mounting panel.

If you wanna store a bunch of electronics and cables this is where you gotta put them. Next time Ill put the Zei. there rather than stuff it behind the glove box.
RATT BERT could hide there even though he is bigger now and has and attitude; wants to be called "RB" .

Enjoy, W DY

Last edited by waldig; 12-05-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Zeitronix with a twist

LOL Woody you never cease to amaze me. Semi-related question...did you ever get the air fuel issue corrected? I mean "corrected" as in a flat AFR from part throttle all the way up to full throttle 6150rpm in 4th gear in 40 degree weather...the kinda stuff that makes my car very unhappy.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

cool, looks good. your changing the power/ground wires for the dashdaq itself and not the zeitronix. or did you change both to the same location?

Old 12-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Talking Re: Zeitronix with a twist

My dash dac has a connector that has loose wires comming out of it about 1 inch long, they are what I connected to the power and ground.

Having the OBDII and zeitronic inputs gives me the option of using all the inputs and I still have it power off, I ment to do this a while back and never got out of the starting gate so to speak.

The F/A seems to be about working and Iam getting Rob up to speed to test it so that between us we can confirm the approach before releasing it to the world. 2009 Carlisle results::

Weekend Woody

Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id recommend checking the AFR with the Zeitronix on the street. The car will act different on the street vs dyno. We thought we had my car fixed on the dyno and 5 min later on the street it was right back up to 17-20AFR. This was a year ago and now im hearing of at least one other with this exact issue.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Id recommend checking the AFR with the Zeitronix on the street. The car will act different on the street vs dyno. We thought we had my car fixed on the dyno and 5 min later on the street it was right back up to 17-20AFR. This was a year ago and now im hearing of at least one other with this exact issue.
My zt-2 kit is driving me nuts. I use it through the computer currently and the afr's seem to stop showing up . The device tells me com 1 is in use error. Can anyone help me reconfigure the computer settings I need to have in order for the afr's to be displayed properly(or is more information needed ? I was about to buy the Ndash so I can bypass dealing with the computer but it seems even with the Ndash there seem to be some hiccups? Any advice is appreciated thank you.
Awesome work btw Woody, very impressive. Thanks for sharing .

Old 10-26-2021, 11:20 PM
Received 203 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by srt6Master
My zt-2 kit is driving me nuts. I use it through the computer currently and the afr's seem to stop showing up . The device tells me com 1 is in use error. Can anyone help me reconfigure the computer settings I need to have in order for the afr's to be displayed properly(or is more information needed ? I was about to buy the Ndash so I can bypass dealing with the computer but it seems even with the Ndash there seem to be some hiccups? Any advice is appreciated thank you.
Awesome work btw Woody, very impressive. Thanks for sharing .
Hay chris ,,when are you going to send me my money back for a diff that could not be used because you lied about the yoke being on the rear end which it was not You cheated me out of $1350.00 , send asap jim barnes.