Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Ta-da: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6

Old 02-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ta-da: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6

Crossfire SRT-6 is first Chrysler with SRT badge

For those who aren't familiar with the abbreviation SRT, Dodge uses it to stand for Street and Racing Technology. Now Chrysler is also going to use the SRT badge for the Crossfire coupe and roadster, which will also be the first SRT vehicles available outside North America. Chrysler will present the 2005 Crossfire SRT-6 at the Geneva Auto Show, which opens to the public on March 4.

Unlike the Dodge SRT versions, which have bold looks and extreme performance, the Chrysler SRT vehicles will be understated and feature refined performance. The Crossfire SRT-6 is equipped with a hand-built 330-hp 3.2-liter supercharged V-6 with 330 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. It is teamed to an upgraded five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick. The SRT-6 will be able to perform the sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 5 seconds. The top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph. The engine delivers 90 percent of peak torque in a broad power band from 2300 to 6200 rpm.

For optimal performance, the Crossfire SRT-6 has a sport tuned suspension with increased spring rates and performance tuned damping and ultra high performance Michelin Pilot Sport tires: 225/40 ZR-18 (front) and 255/35 ZR-19 (rear). Also the ESP is specifically tuned for dynamic driving. Four ventilated disc brakes with dual-piston calipers should stop the fast Crossfire from 60 to 0 mph in approximately 115 feet.

The body of the Crossfire is enhanced with a fixed rear spoiler and a front fascia chin spoiler. In the interior there is a special instrument cluster with a 200-mph speedo, hinting at its performance bent. Pearl nappa leather sport seats with suede inserts and bolsters and embroidered 'SRT-6' on the headrests provide the sporty look.

From TheCarConnection.com

Old 02-20-2004, 03:27 AM

More pics at Autoweek forum.

http://chat.autoweek.com/showthread....&threadid=6236

Too bad the spoiler and wheels don't look nearly as good as the standard Xfire.

Dallas

Old 02-20-2004, 03:55 AM

This is gonna sound horrible, but I'm sorta relieved that I don't care for the cosmetics "upgrades". It helps make my decision about which X-fire to purchase alot easier. Sure the engine would be nice, but that's the only thing I wanted above and beyond the standard X-fire. That plus the extra cash I save by getting an 04 for less than $30K.

Still, I give props to this little buggy!

Dallas

Old 02-20-2004, 06:47 AM

:? The wing looks like "Sh-t"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
I like my coupe, looks great, runs great and I can also go 155 MPH!! :wink:

Old 02-20-2004, 07:09 AM

I agree..... I don't care for the spoiler or the wheels. If, at some point I decide to get one, the wheels will be the first thing replaced.

Old 02-20-2004, 08:20 AM
imported_mightyjlr

I don't think they could have made that spoiler more horrible looking if they tried. Damn that's a disappointment. Then they go and throw a 200mph spedo in there, even though the car is still electronically limited to 155. They basically threw the fixed spoiler in there for no reason, and it ruins the car. I would not want to drive that car. I would be embarrassed. Plus, the downforce from that thing compared to the deployable one is going to be small and pretty much insignificant if the car can't even go faster than a regular Crossfire. Plus, I'm sure they reworked the suspension a little bit, but they didn't lower the ride at all. Look at this picture:

Damn that thing is jacked up. Man, Chrysler let me down on this one. I was excited for the convertible and I liked it a lot, but this is pretty horrible. Damn.

Old 02-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No... No... No!!! They've ruined the car!!! The whole thing looks like something out of the comic books. As for the larger engine, why bother if it's governed to 155? The '04 Chrossfires will do 150. Chrysler needs to take the SRT and hide it somewhere. They took three steps forward with the Crossfire and two steps back with is thing.

BTW: From the pictures it looks as tho they were out testing it just east of Phoenix on US60 going to Globe/Miami. Had I known they were out there I would have been throwing rocks at it.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Old 02-20-2004, 12:34 PM

Pricing? Availability?

Old 02-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Forum Regular

The wheels look horrible, the spoiler is a crap design and it all looks much worse on the roadster.

Old 02-20-2004, 12:49 PM

I sure hope they wake up and change the Spoiler and the Wheels before they actually go into production.

Old 02-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Forum Regular

Ouch, that is one ugly spoiler--but at 330HP, mmmmm I love the engine!

Another not so smart thing for a 'sports car' with all those horses--comes in Auto stick only--hmmm, not sure that's going to fly.

Old 02-20-2004, 05:31 PM

Spolier looks just like the one on my Nephew's Civic.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:03 PM

I don't mind that it's governed to 155 mph b/c I never go 155 mph. I would get it for that great feeling of absolutely wasting a vette in a race. I do agree that the spoiler looks like crap. It looks too big, plasticy, and cladded.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BeenCrossed Wrote: "...I would get it for that great feeling of absolutely wasting a vette in a race".

You are 100% right. I must of had a minor meltdown or a brain freeze. It's not the top end that really counts... it's the feeling of being slammed into the back of the seat and having that extra power to move out quickly. You know, that's exactly what I told my wife the other day when she asked why I needed that much power. She still thinks it's a guy thing. Oh well, I'll just have to be satisfied with my 215 horses. I feel lucky to even have #2815 :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 02-20-2004, 06:35 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by BeenCrossed
I don't mind that it's governed to 155 mph b/c I never go 155 mph. I would get it for that great feeling of absolutely wasting a vette in a race. I do agree that the spoiler looks like crap. It looks too big, plasticy, and cladded.
True. But then there is no point in adding a 200mph spedo. It can't go any faster than our Crossfires. Yes it accelerates quicker. The spedo is kind of ridiculous. No reason for it. The spoiler is horrible. Horrible. Chrysler should be ashamed of themselves. There are going to be MANY people NOT buying the SRT-6 because of the spoiler. You find me a person that likes that spoiler, and I bet that same person likes neon lights under their car, and that is not the market for this car. The spoiler doesn't follow a single design theme of the car. Oh wait, they threw in the hood lines. That makes it all right. I'm sorry but the SRT-6 photos actually ruined my day today, that's how bad they are. Way to go Chrysler. You finally add the power this car needs, but you ruin the looks. Now people have two choices... not enough power and awesome looks, or awesome power and horrible looks. Hell, I would say, buy the car, and remove the wing, but unfortunately the Crossfire unlike other cars really needs the spoiler, or else it's unsafe. Ugh. I honestly hope Chrysler reads this and realizes the mistake they are making. Looks are subjective, but even people with horrible taste wouldn't like that wing.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:55 PM

I didn't notice it the first time, but, the spoiler is ribbed like the hood.... A poor attempt at continuity??? They really need to rethink this thing!

Old 02-20-2004, 07:29 PM

I haven't seen the speedo, but if you say it goes up to 200mph, then you're absolutely right. That's just an attempt to make it seem faster. I'm gonna have a long chat with Chrysler PR when I get a chance. Besides the Spoiler being frugly (freakin ugly) and that speedo thing, I would buy it a heartbeat (if I have the money of course :wink. The speedo doesn't bother me that much really. Just a stupid little extra Chrysler mess up. I'm an idiot. It says it right there in the description "200 MPH speedo"

Old 02-21-2004, 05:23 AM

BeenCrossed..... Does the DC PR dept. even know that DC makes a car called the "Crossfire" ???

Outside of the one commercial add that plays every week during "The Apprentice" they haven't done squat to promote this car.

Old 02-21-2004, 07:33 AM
Default TERIFFIC !!

Wheels are distinctive,,,spoiler looks like it is functional..In short another great design.
Moderator,,can we dispense with the adolescent postscript "gowlf" "sky circles" and keep comments to the topic ??

Old 02-21-2004, 09:26 PM

[quote="BeenCrossed"]I don't mind that it's governed to 155 mph b/c I never go 155 mph. I would get it for that great feeling of absolutely wasting a vette in a race. [quote]

I don't get that statement. This car is not on-par with the straight line performance of a C5 vette let alone the new C6 or any Z06 model. Unless you mod the thing any vette since 97 will get away from it in any conceivable contest of speed. Perhaps you meant a Chevette.

Quick Reply: Ta-da: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6