Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Killed a Supra

Old 03-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Killed a Supra

Originally Posted by Infinite
I hate nascar. It serves no purpose. A left hand turn... A sport fueled by rednecks and beer. nascar was fun when it wasnt about standards, when a company brought out there production hot rod, put safety equipment on it and went... not restrictor plate, template this, etc.

Hell, it took nascar 50 years to discover this little thing called downforce.

You do know what nascar stands for right? Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

I was born here, but I dont like it here. Too much southern this, southern that. I hate country music, nascar, the dukes of hazzard, the confederate flag, republicans, religion, any sport involving an oval or straight line, and i hate fried food.

What i do like. AMA Superbike, LeMans, WERA, WSB, F1, SCCA, fine beer
I will ignore him after this Photoman, but..... just want to make sure I have the full picture here. You have a long list of hates. Did you just forget to add the rednecks and ******* to your list of hates, or do they fall into another category? Maybe the super duper hates category! Well, at least we know where you stand.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hah
nothing against gay people.
rednecks, they just annoy me.

Granted, I've had some fun times drag racing, its just not my cup of tea. I prefer going sideways.

but to each their own I guess

Old 03-14-2010, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Infinite
hah
nothing against gay people.
rednecks, they just annoy me.

Granted, I've had some fun times drag racing, its just not my cup of tea. I prefer going sideways.

but to each their own I guess
Infinite, we can agree to disagree. My whole point in this is that from the time of your earlier posts with regards to turbo chargers and some other technical issues, I was amazed with your knowledge given your age. I thought you were pretty cool as well. But, to use the word "******" says a lot about a persons thought process. Regardless of your feelings, there are a handful of words that evoke a very emotional response in others. You happened to choose one of them. My feelings about homosexuality are not important in a public forum nor germane to this conversation, but I would never use the word you chose to use as it would label me as a bigot. Hopefully we can get back on topic now.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:54 AM

I apologize for my word usage.

Sometimes I just get annoyed and vent about it online, that happened to be one of those times.

So, about that supra? lol

Old 03-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey bmorgan, how far are you from bristol? have you ever hit up any of the tracks in that area? i have a friend that lives down there and he mentioned the Lowes speedway/dragstrip (NC?) and then of course the bristol dragstrip. he has been asking me to run down there for a while. are they any good?

Old 03-14-2010, 12:03 PM

Its gotta be atleast 6 hours for him.
its a 2 and a half hour drive from where I live to warner robins, and it takes me about 5 or so hours to get to charlotte

Old 03-14-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
hey bmorgan, how far are you from bristol? have you ever hit up any of the tracks in that area? i have a friend that lives down there and he mentioned the Lowes speedway/dragstrip (NC?) and then of course the bristol dragstrip. he has been asking me to run down there for a while. are they any good?
Yep, it is about a 6 hour drive for me. I would consider making it though! I could pull the SRT behind my Odyssey on a car trailer. That way I could bring my DRs with me. I have not raced there before, but I have been to Bristol to watch NASCAR.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:24 PM

Id like to see you guys pull this off, lol.

Local guy, 8.7@161 and he drives it almost every day
YouTube - Clark's Supra vs C6 Z06 8.7@161mph

old dyno on his old setup, 1021rwhp no spray. right now he's around 1200 or so without nitrous.
YouTube - Clark's Supra on Mobile Dyno

Old 03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Forum Regular

Supras are becoming a rare breed. They were fast in there day and can be fast today. I think there are different cars for different forms of racing. My 1993 FD RX7 will be finally back on the road this year. It will be somewhere north of 350-400 RWHP. I don't think of that car as a drag racing car. Some people do drag race them but I think it's better suited to road racing. Where I think the Crossfire although it certainly can be road raced is well suited to drag racing. Which to me means it would be a good match for the Supra in a drag race.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:07 PM

Supras are tough ones to argue against.
For raw power, they pretty much can't be beat for potential.
Don't handle great, and are fundamentally unattractive looking cars IMO though.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aussiedude
Supras are tough ones to argue against.
For raw power, they pretty much can't be beat for potential.
Don't handle great, and are fundamentally unattractive looking cars IMO though.
sorry but there are so many better platforms out there that can go fast in a straight line and around corners and make more power easier without turbo lag. a corvette for example.

i am not getting into the ricers wet dream car argument though but i wanted to throw that out there lol.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Forum Regular

sorry but there are so many better platforms out there that can go fast in a straight line and around corners and make more power easier without turbo lag. a corvette for example.

i am not getting into the ricers wet dream car argument though but i wanted to throw that out there lol.
+1 Granted you can make a Supra a weapon but you have to invest BIG

Old 03-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Forum Regular

Hey guy's I was not trying to start any debates I was just happy I spanked someone after a crappy night at the track Everyone has there thing they like to do I would love to try a road course but there are not any near me so I drag race which is fun since so many people under estimate our cars. Any way everyone play nice.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:44 PM

its debatable, our z06 has about 5k in motor work, and it makes 615 at the wheels na
a stock 2jz bottom end with 5k in modifications can make 800rwhp without a problem

Old 03-15-2010, 09:50 AM

I really enjoyed this thread....Good Kill BTW....

ps. Supra's are nasty point BLANK!! I love my 6 but we cant win them all.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Old 03-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Forum Regular

I just read most of their thread.... Well some comments we made make us look bad and they actually copy pasted some of them. I agree on most of them. But in our defense they dont know much about crossfires. And half of them didnt even know our cars are supercharged. The bottom line is their cars will always be faster. Our car are 10-15 years newer cheaper to purchase and have basically zero mechanical and aesthetic issues. Supras are bad ******* *** in a straight line and import appeal. like someone stated earlier i wouldnt pay that much money for a 10-15 year old car. The supra is for a different crowd. People looking to buy supras arent looking for srt-6's. And vice versa.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:07 PM

rematch rematch rematch

Old 03-17-2010, 04:10 PM

Nice post up from the supra guys letxen3!!

Old 03-17-2010, 04:16 PM

A lot of razz going on over at the supra forum. For you guys still reading..... your inaccurate comments make you look as stupid as some of the comments on here. Having said that, we are all passionate about our cars no matter what they are, or we would not be part of a car forum. The Supra is a bad *** car with tons of potential. The Crossfire SRT-6 is a formidable opponent and will surprise a lot of cars out there. I know I do when I go to the track. I have beaten many cars that could not believe my little 6 banger can turn a 12.2. I know that is not as fast as a heavily modified sports car, but it is still very respectable, and will catch a lot of unsuspecting people off guard. Considering there is a very limited aftermarket for these cars, it is a challenge to mod them. That is part of the fun of it though. With Mustangs, Supras, Corvettes, etc. you are only limited by your finances to bolt aftermarket items on. At least recognize that we have to be much more creative to run 11s and low 12s.

Quick Reply: Killed a Supra