Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

I'm not sayin' it happened but, if it did!!!

Old 03-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Received 573 Likes on 479 Posts
Default re: I'm not sayin' it happened but, if it did!!!

Jane Bridges is learning to use the stick shift for racing, ask her which methods she's using and why.

Franc, "Been researching this for some 55 years. " Pedal cars do not have gearboxes.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-27-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Jane Bridges is learning to use the stick shift for racing, ask her which methods she's using and why.

Franc, "Been researching this for some 55 years. " Pedal cars do not have gearboxes.
You're implication is what?
If you include pedal cars it's been close to 60 years.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 03-27-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
You're implication is what?
If you include pedal cars it's been close to 60 years.
My avatar is of me driving a pedal roadster at about 3-4 years. Wish I still had it.
That would be Circa 1950.

Hey 180, did Canada even have cars in 1950.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 03-27-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:04 PM

Why don't you ask her where she learned to use her autostick?

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 03-27-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:52 PM

You made the avitar connection to my comment ...... finally.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:58 PM

You made the avitar connection to my comment ...... finally.
And what did Jane Bridges tell you?

Old 03-27-2010, 04:23 PM

And what did Jane Bridges tell you?
You know her, you ask. If she whips your butt at the dragon again you may know why.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:14 PM

You know her, you ask. If she whips your butt at the dragon again you may know why.
I don't have to, I know.
I would suggest you find out and then speak of what you know.

'cause apparently, you don't

Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 PM

I don't have to, I know.
I would suggest you find out and then speak of what you know.

'cause apparently, you don't
What I will ask though is .............. when do we see the results of the ram air tests?

Old 03-27-2010, 06:06 PM

What I will ask though is .............. when do we see the results of the ram air tests?
Changin' the subject eh? Chicken.

As for Ram air,
I posted them once, but not conclusions. Got more experiments but no time.

Nuther thread. Leave it there.

This one has enough jacking.

But it's my thread, so you are welcome to ask Jane about it and ask about our last run thru the Dragon together. She was on my butt the whole way. The gal is fearless. And fast.

For now, that's all I'm sayin'

Old 03-27-2010, 07:02 PM

Changin' the subject eh? Chicken.

As for Ram air,
I posted them once, but not conclusions. Got more experiments but no time.

Nuther thread. Leave it there.

This one has enough jacking.

But it's my thread, so you are welcome to ask Jane about it and ask about our last run thru the Dragon together. She was on my butt the whole way. The gal is fearless. And fast.

For now, that's all I'm sayin'
Maybe you should have let her get past you, instead of blocking her.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 PM

I keep tellin' you. Ask her, or are you still chicken?

I rode passenger thru the Hellbender in Jane's SRT last Spring. She is incredible.

Fearless, she approaches corners agressively, almost to the point of insane. She threads the needle expertly everytime. I never felt fear or that she was gonna lose it. By the time we reached Deals Gap I was sweating and breathless.
Most exhilarating fun in a car I have ever had with a woman and kept my pants on.

A good gal, a good driver and a good friend.

Her driving instructor never told her how to shift her auto stick.

Ask her who did.
Then come tell me I need to listen to her, or her instructor about shifting.

Truth is, if she did tell me something she learned, I would appreciate her sharing it with me. I would never suggest she was wrong cause I read something different on the internet.

So ask her, then come tease me about the way I shift.

Roadster with a stick.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 03-27-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:09 PM

I keep tellin' you. Ask her, or are you still chicken?

I rode passenger thru the Hellbender in Jane's SRT last Spring. She is incredible.

Fearless, she approaches corners agressively, almost to the point of insane. She threads the needle expertly everytime. I never felt fear or that she was gonna lose it. By the time we reached Deals Gap I was sweating and breathless.
Most exhilarating fun in a car I have ever had with a woman and kept my pants on.

A good gal, a good driver and a good friend.

Her driving instructor never told her how to shift her auto stick.

Ask her who did.
Then come tell me I need to listen to her, or her instructor about shifting.

Truth is, if she did tell me something she learned, I would appreciate her sharing it with me. I would never suggest she was wrong cause I read something different on the internet.

So ask her, then come tease me about the way I shift.

Roadster with a stick.
Just pulling your leg, I drive like an old man, but then again I am.
I can see that double clutching saves the clutch and 'box but I just adjust the revs and ease it in. You know if it goes in easy you're doing something right. I have a feel for metal and things mechanical, having worked with it for years, so I know when it's in trouble. Now my wife, well ......................

Old 03-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Coming home from work one night I was doing about 80-85, in my mirror I saw a car approaching ....must of been doing about 90+, so I turn on my right turn signal to get out of his way in the left lane, he passed me in the dark...but when he got a few car lenghts in front he decided to come back beside me for a look & was gunning it as if he wanted to play (it was some kind of ricer with fart cans), so I drop it down to 5th & he keeps it up... so I say OK let's play...I bang 4th at about 85 & within 5-6 seconds he's a distant dot of headlights in my mirror....kinda fun.....Franc, do you double clutch from 5th to 4th in such circumstances? Seems like that 5-4 downshift at 80-85 is smooth as silk without a double clutch technique...

Old 03-27-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Chris L.
Coming home from work one night I was doing about 80-85, in my mirror I saw a car approaching ....must of been doing about 90+, so I turn on my right turn signal to get out of his way in the left lane, he passed me in the dark...but when he got a few car lenghts in front he decided to come back beside me for a look & was gunning it as if he wanted to play (it was some kind of ricer with fart cans), so I drop it down to 5th & he keeps it up... so I say OK let's play...I bang 4th at about 85 & within 5-6 seconds he's a distant dot of headlights in my mirror....kinda fun.....Franc, do you double clutch from 5th to 4th in such circumstances? Seems like that 5-4 downshift at 80-85 is smooth as silk without a double clutch technique...
I double clutch all my down shifts. Even into 1st at a stop sign. The guys are razzin' me cause, in truth, I do it as much out of habit as out of respect for the tranny.

Yes, I would have done so in the instance you sighted.

That said, I do have an exception. When I am "approached" by another aggressive looking driver, I often will ease into a lower gear. Burping the engine and double clutching might signal a desire to race. Usually, I don't want to do that unless I'm sure it is safe.
Still, I want to be ready to pop if the challenge is made.

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 03-27-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:18 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I rode passenger thru the Hellbender in Jane's SRT last Spring. She is incredible. ... Most exhilarating fun in a car I have ever had with a woman and kept my pants on.
Hey Franc, if you enjoyed your run on the Hellbender with Jane, you really need to take a ride with Doc. That ol' rascal is a machine!

I recall chasing Jane through the Hellbender. I gave her a decent headstart - unintentionally - as I saw her leave but some bikes got in the way at Deal's Gap. She probably had a minute or two head start on me. I caught her though, and once she saw me back there, she was trying. How do I know? I asked when we got to the lodge gas station. To be fair to Jane though, I caught her mainly because I could out accelerate her. Her SRT doesn't have any power mods except a NeedsWings CAI. I think if we had traded cars or both had the same car, I'd never have caught her.

That's a low blow, Franc! But I stand by my research. Would you like the links? I didn't figure you'd read them anyway seeing as you refuse to admit that double-clutching is not a performance enhancing maneuver and seem to think that 55 years of driving one way or anther makes it right.

Also, I'm a little insulted by your insinuation that I don't know how to drive or at least shift. If I changed my name to Jane would that help? Or would I have to beat her in a race to get some respect? Or would you like to take a run down the Hellbender with me? (And no, I'm not getting all worked up. I'm yanking your chain, because I know you'll be a good sport about it and we can banter.)

Old 03-27-2010, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
Hey Franc, if you enjoyed your run on the Hellbender with Jane, you really need to take a ride with Doc. That ol' rascal is a machine!

I recall chasing Jane through the Hellbender. I gave her a decent headstart - unintentionally - as I saw her leave but some bikes got in the way at Deal's Gap. She probably had a minute or two head start on me. I caught her though, and once she saw me back there, she was trying. How do I know? I asked when we got to the lodge gas station. To be fair to Jane though, I caught her mainly because I could out accelerate her. Her SRT doesn't have any power mods except a NeedsWings CAI. I think if we had traded cars or both had the same car, I'd never have caught her.

That's a low blow, Franc! But I stand by my research. Would you like the links? I didn't figure you'd read them anyway seeing as you refuse to admit that double-clutching is not a performance enhancing maneuver and seem to think that 55 years of driving one way or anther makes it right.

Also, I'm a little insulted by your insinuation that I don't know how to drive or at least shift. If I changed my name to Jane would that help? Or would I have to beat her in a race to get some respect? Or would you like to take a run down the Hellbender with me? (And no, I'm not getting all worked up. I'm yanking your chain, because I know you'll be a good sport about it and we can banter.)
I've been with Doc on the Dragon and Hellbender more than once. You are quite right, he is awesome.

He knows me and will tell you, I keep the front grill pointed forward and close to his @ss. On the hellbender, with it's longer straights, he is gone from view often. Dragon itself, I think he was workin' hard to stay ahead.

Lucky for him no passing on the Dragon is allowed Me too, 'cause he would have put me into the mountain if I tried.

I would suggest you might have a little difficulty "beating" Jane Bridges. You are welcome to try. I don't know when you two played but i suspect it was before last summer.

You could change your name to anything you like.

Wouldn't change you drivin'

And you would still prolly shift like a girl.

roadster with a stick

Old 03-28-2010, 12:19 AM
She can ride with me ;)

And you would still prolly shift like a girl.
Thou woundest me with thy sharp wit!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by tom2112
Thou woundest me with thy sharp wit!
It's a gift.

I tried to return it once but couldn't produce a receipt.
So, they made me take it back.

I'm a former dirt farmer. Can't throw anything away.

So I use it.

Now, to your offer to follow me respectfully thru the Dragon, I am trying to make it for Sunday the 18th. The closed course is enticing. All depends on Cathy and her needs to stay in CT with a grand daughter going into surgery.
Despite our different cars the matchup should now be fair as my mangled foot will hamper my Heel Toe action. I expect you are not the kind of sport who would take advantage????

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 03-28-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:33 AM
She can ride with me ;)

Well, I hate to back away from a challenge, but I won't be at the spring Dragon. Too many events, not enough vacation and cash. We'll have to keep this going until fall!

Quick Reply: I'm not sayin' it happened but, if it did!!!