Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

INMotion Tune Review

Old 03-29-2010, 03:31 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INMotion Tune Review

Hey guys just thought I'd do alittle review on my recent tune with INMotion to give others some perspective.

After 8 long days and many nerves I finally received it back, as many have said INMotions customer service is 2nd to none, they answer all questions, and are very quick to do so.

In my case I paid to have a "custom tune" to account for my cai & pulley.

my first impressions are very good, the car feels like it gets to redline quicker, and really pulls hard. The SRT is great at pushing you into your seat but now it really pushes you down and keeps you there lol.

I'm not sure how much quicker its made the car, its really hard to put a figure on it but if I can go from my previous personal best of 12.6 to anywhere in the low 12's I will be happy.

There is a easter drag event this Saturday and I'll definatly be there, all my other mods havent changed so whatever drop in my q/mile I hopefully get will be a direct result of the INMotion tune.

I'll be sure to post the results this comming Saturday.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Talking Re: INMotion Tune Review

Originally Posted by kolevski
Hey guys just thought I'd do alittle review on my recent tune with INMotion to give others some perspective.

After 8 long days and many nerves I finally received it back, as many have said INMotions customer service is 2nd to none, they answer all questions, and are very quick to do so.

In my case I paid to have a "custom tune" to account for my cai & pulley.

my first impressions are very good, the car feels like it gets to redline quicker, and really pulls hard. The SRT is great at pushing you into your seat but now it really pushes you down and keeps you there lol.

I'm not sure how much quicker its made the car, its really hard to put a figure on it but if I can go from my previous personal best of 12.6 to anywhere in the low 12's I will be happy.

There is a easter drag event this Saturday and I'll definatly be there, all my other mods havent changed so whatever drop in my q/mile I hopefully get will be a direct result of the INMotion tune.

I'll be sure to post the results this comming Saturday.
I'm waiting to hear how you do. Just a warning, I've been disappointed at the track after every single power modification I've done. Every time traction is harder to find. So, easy off the line and I hope you hit 12.1!

Les

Old 03-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Default Re: INMotion Tune Review

keep us informed, I'm looking at doing it too!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats my friend. Ok, here is my prediction.... You are going to hit 12.176 at 114.4mph.

Good luck, and I can't wait to hear how it came out.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
I'm waiting to hear how you do. Just a warning, I've been disappointed at the track after every single power modification I've done. Every time traction is harder to find. So, easy off the line and I hope you hit 12.1!

Les
Solution to your traction problem.... 13lb 16" CLK Wheels with 255/50/16 MT ET Streets.

IMG_35761.jpg

Old 03-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was this a custom dyno tune or did you send them your ECU and they sent it back to you with the new file on it?

Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad to hear you got a tune finally!!! you are going to find traction to be a real issue now. you and i have similar mods and i can break traction from a 30 mph roll. launching without dr's will be trickey at best.

im predicting a 12.3 to 12.4 without dr's 12.1 with !!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Forum Regular

Bob if I get your predicted time I'll be super happy lol!

Z its a custom tune, no dyno, he must have have datalogs of people with a intake and pulley I guess. Not sure how he does it but it feels good.

Although I dont have drag tyres I do have some super grippy Nitto's 305/30/19 which Ive dedicated to drag racing they hook up really well when the air pressure is under 20psi.

I dont know if its in my head but the car feels like its getting faster and faster, does the tune take time to adapt? or am I imagining things lol

aussiedude if you do it send it via international courier express through Australia Post and insure it mine got to INMotion in 3 days, then get him to send it back via FedEx express there not only quick but reliable, Ive heard to many bad stories about USPS.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Solution to your traction problem.... 13lb 16" CLK Wheels with 255/50/16 MT ET Streets.

I need someone in the states to scour up a couple for me. I'm not having luck finding those beauties locally.

Les

Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

it will adjust....get out and run the crap out of it.....and I have used the slicks and my street R 1's...my 60' was better with my street tires...12.3...still having problems at the end of the quarter...but, moving on with the coupe now...we shall see if the coupe will be faster...

Old 03-29-2010, 07:25 PM

les those are late model clk rims. the part# is a2084010002.
you might try looking on craigslist in all the larger cities in the us. then ask a member to check them out for you. no idea what shipping would be to aus. wheels weigh in at around 14 lbs. the ones bmorgan has and mine were beadblasted to raw alloy then primered and spraypainted silver to look decent.
bmorgan used the mt et streets weighing in at 29 lbs and i chose the goodyear eagle ss dr's weighing 24 lbs.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:43 PM

Inmotion says it takes about a tank of gas for everything to adapt to the new tune.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:18 AM

Kolevski, did you get dynoed before hand?
also, where are you?

Old 03-31-2010, 08:18 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aussiedude
Kolevski, did you get dynoed before hand?
also, where are you?
I was going to but never got a chance, I'm going to use my q/mile time to see how much of a difference it made. I'm going to the track Saturday so I'll let everyone know.

I'm in Victoria

Old 03-31-2010, 02:24 PM

I installed my Inmotion tune yesterday and am going to the track tonight I will let you know how it goes. I will say it feels really good but I have been fooled by other mods feeling good so the time slip will be the real test.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan

These look sexy!!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Xray
I installed my Inmotion tune yesterday and am going to the track tonight I will let you know how it goes. I will say it feels really good but I have been fooled by other mods feeling good so the time slip will be the real test.
Can't wait to see your results too Paul!

Old 03-31-2010, 07:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Xray
Goodluck man, with all your mods you deserve to be in the 11's, hopefully INMotion will come through for you!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by ///SilverSaphRT6
These look sexy!!
Thanks..... And, they grip like a pit bull on a pork chop.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:10 PM

Okay just got home from the track and had a ball. I was on my street tires did not have time to put on DR's so I was not expecting to do anything spectacular. I must say I am impressed with the new tune the care feels alot better it does better burnouts now to. At the start of the night the da was 1224 and I ran a 12.489 with a 1.896 60ft. I launched pretty conservatively do the tires and I was happy with the time. Each run tonight the time kept dropping my best run was a 12.359 @110.89 and a 1.759 60ft DA 741. I am still dialing in my fuel but it is really close now and on Fri I will have the DR's on and will see if I can hit a 1.6 60ft. I could see in my times and my data logs that the ecu was adapting with each run. I will continue to work till I hit the 11's. I need to get a 100lb driver and get my big A out that should shave the time down a little.

Quick Reply: INMotion Tune Review