Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Aero pics with Eibachs & adjustable camber arms...

Old 07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Aero pics with Eibachs & adjustable camber arms...

Here are some decent pics I took a little bit ago at one of the (many) micro-brewery's here...... I just install the TVT adjustable camber arms today and set them so I have about 10mm-11mm of negative tilt from the bottom of the rim to the top edge... this looks to be close to factory or a little less...... this also has the 10mm spacers in front and 12mm in back........ (a few more in my gallery)..

Old 07-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Aero pics with Eibachs & adjustable camber arms...

~ perfection...

Old 07-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

A+ very nice

Old 07-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mike looks great!

How do you find the ride? I know a few members like the stock SRT springs better! what are your thoughts?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Car looks stunning as always. Hit some big potholes if you can, I'm curious about the 12 mm in the rear. (I have 10mm on the front too) I believe the suspension adds positive camber when the lower control arm passes horizontal, but I'm not 100% positive. Either way, stunning, stunning.

Les

Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 AM

Kolevski, So far the ride is fine... I have had the springs in for about 4 weeks... I may take it for a drive to the coast today and see how it handles going through the mountains.....

Les, I intentionally try NOT to hit pot holes...the road to the coast has some areas that are a little rough and some sunken grade areas that drop or rise from repairs....

I forgot to mention that I finally FIXED my rattle in the back... I have been living with it as all the usual fixes... havent .....
I had read on here that someone mentioned the wing being loose might be one cause and since I had my wing and base off Saturday to re-seal I was hoping that might be part of it..... not!
Then while I was installing the adjustable camber arms I needed to take the rotors and calipers off..... what's this.... left rear caliper top bolt is very loose..bottom is seated but not tight.....right side was fine. I didnt use any blue loctite on the bolts when I installed the new rotors and Goodridge lines. needless to say I did use loctite this time and tightened them.... the normally rattling ride from my house to the freeway is now nice and quiet......

Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I try to miss them too but I manage to fail from time to time. I couldn't take the risk of contact at the track so I tried to make my tires rub. I guess a better way would be to lift the suspension on one side with a jack. I think I'll do just that to find out how much wider I can go, if at all. I'm glad you got the rattle fixed before it got worse.

Les

Old 07-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Les.... jacking the wheel up would be a good way to check clearance under compression...the rattle was just annoying...as long as the bolts didnt fall out, it was just a floating caliper. Glad that I caught it and fixed it though.... caliper falling off would not be a good thing.. I had checked everything else on the rear suspension thinking it was coming from there... guess I should remember to check the basics first..

Old 07-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I could have used that set up at CAA Mikey...lol....nice look....might have to look at that mod if I keep getting my butt spanked in the curves...then again, that's not the curves I enjoy looking at...nice look though, good work as usual. Coupe is on the road, so far so good...need a tune though, shifts way too soon...

Old 07-05-2010, 11:52 AM

Yeah... I had the adjustable arms for some time now but didnt install until I saw that I had an inch or more of negative camber when the new springs had settled...

One of these days I will wear out the 255 Kumho's and get some 275 or 285's and will have to see if the rear spacers are too much...