Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

New SSB SRT-6 Roadster Owner

Old 11-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SSB SRT-6 Roadster Owner

Well, after seeing this thread:

SSB SRT-6 Roadster - TX

I decided it was time to jump and am the proud new owner of this fine machine!!!

As seen in that thread it had the ASP Pulley installed, the resonators removed and some K&N Drop Ins. With the exception of a few VERY small dings the car is in PERFECT condition!

Not much else I can tell you guys about it, you know more than I do anyway so on with the pics!!!

Old 11-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Default Re: New SSB SRT-6 Roadster Owner

Old 11-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Those are some prestine looking headlights! I'm jealous. Next project for me next spring. Was about to say, now get that baby covered up for the winter then realized it your from Tx. Lucky....

Originally Posted by Daniel454
Well, after seeing this thread:

SSB SRT-6 Roadster - TX

I decided it was time to jump and am the proud new owner of this fine machine!!!

As seen in that thread it had the ASP Pulley installed, the resonators removed and some K&N Drop Ins. With the exception of a few VERY small dings the car is in PERFECT condition!

Not much else I can tell you guys about it, you know more than I do anyway so on with the pics!!!

Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful roadster Daniel. I have one just like it. I know you are enjoying the accelleration with the 178. BUT, add a Needswings CAI and a tune and you won't believe the difference. Congrats, you really jumped on this opportunity and that is what it takes to get a rare car like this. You are in a group of 928 in the world. Enjoy!

Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Forum Regular

Congratulations! do you think it's faster then your wagon?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by kolevski
Congratulations! do you think it's faster then your wagon?
Yep, for now.....

The wagon is plagued by being AWD and 4500lbs so it has a lot of drive train loss and a LOT of car to pull. When I started working on the wagon I was shooting for 500 HP and Mid 12s, but I have hit neither thus far. I really didnt expect the AWD system to hold me back as much as it has....

With a better tune I might be at that 500HP mark but since I am just barely hitting the high 12s now I dont think that will get me where I want to be so the idea behind the SRT-6 is that it will be my daily driver allowing the wagon to go back under the knife for an engine transplant hopefully pushing it up to about 550 ~ 575 HP (Before Nitrous).

With that said though, will probably get a tune on the Crossfire to make use of that ASP Pulley and do a few other smaller mods to customize it more to my liking before getting neck deep back into the wagon....

Old 11-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Daniel454
Yep, for now.....

The wagon is plagued by being AWD and 4500lbs so it has a lot of drive train loss and a LOT of car to pull. When I started working on the wagon I was shooting for 500 HP and Mid 12s, but I have hit neither thus far. I really didnt expect the AWD system to hold me back as much as it has....

With a better tune I might be at that 500HP mark but since I am just barely hitting the high 12s now I dont think that will get me where I want to be so the idea behind the SRT-6 is that it will be my daily driver allowing the wagon to go back under the knife for an engine transplant hopefully pushing it up to about 550 ~ 575 HP (Before Nitrous).

With that said though, will probably get a tune on the Crossfire to make use of that ASP Pulley and do a few other smaller mods to customize it more to my liking before getting neck deep back into the wagon....
wow good stuff, is your wagon a Chrysler or a Dodge? they look the same from the back from what I can tell! what engine are you putting in the SRT8? I'm sure the SRT-6 will keep you happy until you get the wagon how you want it!

Old 11-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have it's twin ........... :O)
Now get it out to the next Houston GTG, and show it off .............

Old 11-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Those pics are really nice!! Welcome to the best car club in the WORLD!!!

Some of those pics would be great for next year's calendar!!!

Old 11-14-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by kolevski
wow good stuff, is your wagon a Chrysler or a Dodge? they look the same from the back from what I can tell! what engine are you putting in the SRT8? I'm sure the SRT-6 will keep you happy until you get the wagon how you want it!
Its a Dodge, the Sedans were Chryslers (My wife has a 300C SRT-8), the Wagons were Dodges (in the U.S, overseas they were BOTH badged as Chryslers).

I have to admit something though, the Wagon (Magnum) Isnt an SRT-8. The AWD system wasnt available with the SRT Package so I have spent a LOT of time and money trying to exceed the SRT power levels and 1/4 mile times but also retain the AWD system.

So far the Top of the Engine has been rebuilt with a VERY agressive Cam and Ported and Polished Heads plus every bolt on available, tuning, etc. Since I have gone as far as I can with that Engine I am dropping in a Stroker Motor, which is starting out as a 6.1L but will be a 6.4L (392) when it goes in also with an aggressive cam and full top end work.

Originally Posted by KimPossible
Those pics are really nice!! Welcome to the best car club in the WORLD!!!

Some of those pics would be great for next year's calendar!!!
THANKS!!!!

I would be honored to have one featured in the next Calendar! Since the wife loves playing with her new SLR Camera and is getting more and more into that hobby, I expect I will have plenty additional pictures in the near future.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice car. the spring dragon would be a great time to show off your car and see a whole gang of the same car lovin folks and try that vert out on the twistys!!

Old 11-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice congrats

Old 12-01-2010, 01:26 PM

Hey it looks just like mine except your headlights are perfect. Definitely the best color!!!

Congratulations on your find!!!