Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

My srt6 still overheating!!!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My srt6 still overheating!!!

Originally Posted by James1549
Are you sure the new IC pump is powering up and working?
not just em i pretty sure of it but the other johnson pump when tested was still running idk if it was pumping fluid but it was still turning. My mechanic thinks it might have something to do with the clutch and he wanted to do some more research to see if there's a sensor or something going out.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:58 PM

any update on this, I feel like I am having similar issues. My temp was up around the same mark as you and it felt like I had decreased power. I am on a NA. I did have the coolant light on today as well, and put in some extra fluid and the issue was solved. I guess its possible the pump is going out on me and I lost some fluid or it was coincidence as I did drive the car further today than I have in the past 4 months.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Wink Re: My srt6 still overheating!!!

Originally Posted by oojacoboo
any update on this, I feel like I am having similar issues. My temp was up around the same mark as you and it felt like I had decreased power. I am on a NA. I did have the coolant light on today as well, and put in some extra fluid and the issue was solved. I guess its possible the pump is going out on me and I lost some fluid or it was coincidence as I did drive the car further today than I have in the past 4 months.
Yea I will keep u posted my car is in the body shop till next week a truck decided to hit me. The next thing I'm about to change is the ampient temp sensor or iat sence this is only a 20 sensor I figured why not. Also it would make sense if your na is doing it to then but I don't think it's your I/c pump lol

Old 02-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you think it might be those big fog lights you installed in front of the heat exchanger?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Strange thing... After reading through the updates to this thread yesterday, I went to
take a spin in the SRT-6, and lo and behold but the icon for the coolant system was
lit up on my instrument cluster. I checked, and I do seem to have plenty of fluid in
the overflow tank. Took a trip down the road anyway, and noticed that the light went
out shortly after starting to drive.

Today, I got in the car, and there was the light again. Drove it to work, and shortly
after starting to drive, the light went out. Sometime later, it came on again, but went
out again a little bit later. At no time did I see my engine temps going above what
I've come to believe is normal (after 7 years) at just a half tick above the middle mark.

Everything look OK when I crack the hood open, so I'm wondering if perhaps my
thermostat is sticking. This is a garage kept car, and temps don't usually get below
60 degrees Farenheit. So, either the thermostat is going, or the temperature sensor
is going. Guess I'll have to run this over to the service center tomorrow morning.
Unless anyone here has seen this and knows the way to resolve.

Coyote

Old 02-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, so not finding any problem on my own, I took the car to the Service
Center. They called me a little while ago to tell me I had a small leak in
my radiator. Now, how that happened, I don't know. But, at least it is
fixable under warranty. Good luck with finding why your car is having
issues.

Coyote

Old 02-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Forum Regular

Also make sure that the E-19 fan control module Technical Service Bulletin (recall, TSB) has been performed in the past (or with you as the owner). ALL of the Crossfires (both SRT and NA) 27,130 of them required a fan control module swap that was preventing the fans from coming on at the right temperature. There's a link regarding that TSB on here somewhere. If it's not the IC pump failing, and the entire cooling system is not functioning "correctly", check that the fans are coming on and staying on as needed. I will try to find the link.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ay-recall.html

Last edited by cudaman; 02-23-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Wink Re: My srt6 still overheating!!!

hey everybody i just found out from chrysler that some one mixed the coolant fluids and now there is a huge build up even with flushing i will not come out i have to replace the radiator. dose any one know of a performance radiator for are car and also witch is the best replacement thanks everybody.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Unhappy Re: My srt6 still overheating!!!

Unfourtuneatly this did no solve the problem!!!!! ;( but I think I'm gonna try the super cooler next just saving some money now for next month. I figured sense they told me I had to change to radiator the coolant has to run thru the heat exchanger yea needswing up grade. . If any
One has any knoledge of changing there inner cooler with the needwings please let Ne know for some help thanks again everybody.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cubanbee
Unfourtuneatly this did no solve the problem!!!!! ;( but I think I'm gonna try the super cooler next just saving some money now for next month. I figured sense they told me I had to change to radiator the coolant has to run thru the heat exchanger yea needswing up grade. . If any
One has any knoledge of changing there inner cooler with the needwings please let Ne know for some help thanks again everybody.
your confusing some parts here. if you replaced the engine radiator and want to replace the oem heat exchanger also the needswings unit would be the one. nobody builds a upgraded intercooler for the s/c engine. m/b is the unit you can buy at this time.

oojacoboo the n/a models dont have a intercooler pump so your n/a overheating is another issue

Old 03-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Talking Re: My srt6 still overheating!!!

We have finally fixed the problem the i/c pump wiring went bad and we just ended up running the i/c pump to the ignition. works great now no problems special thanks to jim AMX1397 figured it out and helped me to fix the problem he also fixed randy's coolant reservoir even if he didn't want him to lol. thanks everyone for helping me out fix the car and all the replies to help me out.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, after all that, it was still related to the intercooler pump, the wiiring iitself was the cause all along. Sorry you had to go through all that time to finally get it resolved.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Received 214 Likes on 162 Posts

well after 4 mechanics,, one saying he needed a new supercharger, one flushed out the system and said he needed a new radiator,, one said he needed a new clutch (for the SC) I told him to bring the car up to my house,, I drove the car and the SC kicks in for the first mile or so ,, then no sc, pulled over let it cool for a short while and the SC works again, this told me that it is the pump ,,, called Rob at needswings,, he and i decussed it for a few minutes,, and he told me the sc pump should kick in at 1500 rpm, removed the pump but left it wired in,, we checked it by rpm the way Rob had said, and it did not work ,,so we wired in the old pump, so now both pumps are wired in buy no hoses connected,, HA again neither pump worked at the 1500 rpm.. (we did check the spare pump on the batt, it worked) so now i knew we had no power going to the pump, i hot wired the pump from the batt and BAMB, it worked.. so now cubanbee put every thing back together and had a wire connected to the hot side of the pump,, started the car connected the hot wire to the batt, and told him to try that on his way home, Oh we also dirlled the intake manifold for a boost guage,,that worked just as soon as i installed it. cubanbee called me in an hour or so and said no only does it work great he had a run in with a bmw on his way home ,,yes he won, the beammmmer will never try to out run a little black car again. ,, thanks to rudy,rob and myself we fixed cubambee's car, well at least we found the problem he will get it fixed soon ,in the mean time he had a switch to turn off the pump when the car is off. great story and saves buying a supercharger, as for Randy, he had a leak in the overflow bottle,, the nipple was broken,, so i said to him run over to the auto parts and get a manual tire valve stem ( the one that has a nut on it to tighten to the rim and it is metel) not the rubber one that you pull through,, i then broke off the nipple that is in the coolent bottle, drilled out the hole to about 3/8 then found there are baffles inside the coolent bottle,, reached through the hole already drilled and drilled three holes in the baffle,, took a file and made the three holes one big hole,(the vale-stem had to go through the baffle,, the rubber, seal that comes with the valve steam i didn't thing i could use it so i replaced it with a grommit tha fit tight on the valve stem,, ran a hose through the hole i drilled ,,through the baffle and to the opeing in the cap where randy reached in with a pair of neddlenose plires pulled the hose out the cap,, we pushed the valve stem into the hose and pulled it back towards the hole in the baffle,, it would not fit thrugh, i had to tilt it up and use a long screwdriver to push it past the baffle, once that was done it came out the hole where the nipple use to be ,, we put the washer on tighten up the nut and done, installed the little raditaor to it, filled with g05 no leak and it was fixed,,, well almost the antifreze soffenened the grommit to the point you could not tighten it any more but it leaked so little, ( use the rubber(one side only) the valve stem came with and you will be ok.) , Randy already had a coolent tank ordered, so when the new one arrives he will install it. the thing i didn't say was what randy was saying and doing when i was drilling his tank,, praying and calling a taxie at the same time. jim

Old 04-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Forum Regular

lol no why dose someone always say that on these posts?
Only because many of us have overlooked the obvious at one time or another. Oh wait. Is it only us old guys that ask?

Old 04-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Forum Regular

lol no why dose someone always say that on these posts?
Only because many of us have overlooked the obvious at one time or another. Oh wait. Is it only us old guys that ask?

Is the Crossfire temp gauge linear? Do you get any warning.
What are your symptoms?

I think under normal conditions water would boil before the fan came on. Relying on pressure and coolant.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Forum Regular

I had an issue with overeating last year. The coolant light would come on in the car and the temps would rise pretty quick. No air was in the system proper coolant levels, and the fan was running or so i thought. As always St. Louis chrysler dealerships were clueless.

I eventually noticed that i used to hear the fan running quite loud after a hard run sitting at a stop. I had the Viarable fan relay module checked and sure enough it was bad. Never had an issue with overheating or dummy coolant light in the car after it was replaced. asked for the old one back to see if i could repair it and the dealership didn't have it anymore .