Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Anyone near Lafayette IN ?

Old 02-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Anyone near Lafayette IN ?

My wife found the SRT6 that I don't need but want at a dealer in Lafayette. It's a little pricey. But it's 200+ miles from me and I wonder if someone closer could check it out (and not buy it out from underneath me). Email me at jjaiven@chartermi.net and I can share the details. I'd like to know condition and would even appreciate someone giving it a test drive. If it checks out, I may make an offer over the phone. It would complete my XF collection.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Anyone near Lafayette IN ?

Originally Posted by Goldwing
My wife found the SRT6 that I don't need but want at a dealer in Lafayette. It's a little pricey. But it's 200+ miles from me and I wonder if someone closer could check it out (and not buy it out from underneath me). Email me at jjaiven@chartermi.net and I can share the details. I'd like to know condition and would even appreciate someone giving it a test drive. If it checks out, I may make an offer over the phone. It would complete my XF collection.
Why stop at 4?

Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 PM

The constraint is space rather than money. A third XF would fill the garage and force my Audi, my wife's Mercury, and my daughter's Audi into the driveway. Then there's no room to drive the XF's out of the garage. So the addition of another would probably necessitate me finding offsite storage and that starts to get expensive as well as inconvenient. PS-The 2007 really belongs to my son and he has it at college in Tallahassee.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Goldwing, I live i Lafayette, In and would be glad to help you out. However, at the moment I'm in Hudson, Fla my father in law is in the hospital. I'm due to return on Saturday, work 24 hours at the firestation on Sunday but all yours on Monday if you need me to be. Pm if you want me to help with the info on the car or I'll send my cell #. I'm happy with my shifter car so no worries there.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Larry, it will certainly wait until you get finished with family priorities and work. I don't think a roadster, especially one that is overpriced, is going anywhere just now. Letting it sit on their lot for a bit is a good strategy and if it sells, well I save myself maybe $18-20k. I can call your cell if you email it to me at jjaiven@chartermi.net.

The SRT6 was a trade-in at Kendrick Nissan on 1 N Creasey Lane. The sales girl is Maria and it is clear that she, like most, know little about this car. She described the interior as aluminum. All I request from you is a thorough eyeballing of the interior and exterior for blemishes, curb rash, etc and a test drive to eliminate driveline clunks, CELs, bad rotors, etc. You'll find the SRT6 drives a lot like the n/a, just louder and a lot faster when you push the pedal all the way in. Ask if they have any of the service records. If it seems decent, I may make them an phoneoffer contingent on my own inspection and test drive. I just don't want to take a 200+ mile drive for a piece of junk.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 PM

Larry, it will certainly wait until you get finished with family priorities and work. I don't think a roadster, especially one that is overpriced, is going anywhere just now. Letting it sit on their lot for a bit is a good strategy and if it sells, well I save myself maybe $18-20k. I can call your cell if you email it to me at jjaiven@chartermi.net.

The SRT6 was a trade-in at Kendrick Nissan on 1 N Creasey Lane. The sales girl is Maria and it is clear that she, like most, know little about this car. She described the interior as aluminum. All I request from you is a thorough eyeballing of the interior and exterior for blemishes, curb rash, etc and a test drive to eliminate driveline clunks, CELs, bad rotors, etc. You'll find the SRT6 drives a lot like the n/a, just louder and a lot faster when you push the pedal all the way in. Ask if they have any of the service records. If it seems decent, I may make them an phoneoffer contingent on my own inspection and test drive. I just don't want to take a 200+ mile drive for a piece of junk.
I'll certainly take care of this when I return for you. I have driven a SRT at Gateway Raceway during the CAA and you're right about them lots of smiles. I'm familiar with Kendrick Nissan, I have found them really proud of their stuff, I haven't been able to deal with them myself. They used to be a GMC dealer until the recent GM problems and got the GMC franchise pulled.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 PM

Jerry the car checked out well but I forgot to tell you that there had been no maintenence by the dealership. The oil was full but a little dirty, not fresh. These pictures show some slight blemishes if you can see them in spite of my picture taking skills.

Last edited by Larry Hitze; 02-28-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:56 PM

Here are the thumbnails.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 PM

Three more
Anyway if they don't get bigger when you click on them Jerry they are in my albums

Last edited by Larry Hitze; 02-28-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:59 PM

Larry, thanks for your help with this and I hope you had a little fun. I'll be calling the dealer later this week, but until they sit on it for a while I expect they will be firm on price. It sounds like a good vehicle (not great), and they are about $3-4k high on price.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:19 PM

It looked as if it had a little care and some driving that it would be fine. Like I said though that dealership is very proud of their cars.