Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

My New Custom Wheel with Paddle shift

Old 09-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: My New Custom Wheel with Paddle shift

The complete instructions with pictures are done. I just sent them to those who already have kits. I will probably publish them Monday.

Chris

Old 10-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am here at the dragon and am so glad I had this kit! They performed flawlessly. This was my first time at the dragon and these guys are serious. I was grabbing gear all day long and this isn't the type of driving you want to do with one hand on the steering wheel. Thanks Chris for a first class kit!

Old 10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
I am here at the dragon and am so glad I had this kit! They performed flawlessly. This was my first time at the dragon and these guys are serious. I was grabbing gear all day long and this isn't the type of driving you want to do with one hand on the steering wheel. Thanks Chris for a first class kit!
Hey Bob,
Glad to hear that you are enjoying it on your car as much as I have on mine. I was happy to work with you on this so you could get it in for the Dragon. Thank you as well for your useful input in creating the instructions for the crossfire install.

Chris

Old 10-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree 100% Bob. I have run the Dragon a few times but never with as much fun or control as with the paddle shifters, Rudy's new TCM from Speedriven and the wavetrac diff. These cars were ment to have paddle shifters thanks again Chris for making it possible for us.

Bob it was great meeting you and seeing your awsome car. I am glad you enjoyed the Dragon and hope you and your wife make it back in the spring.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigkid
I agree 100% Bob. I have run the Dragon a few times but never with as much fun or control as with the paddle shifters, Rudy's new TCM from Speedriven and the wavetrac diff. These cars were ment to have paddle shifters thanks again Chris for making it possible for us.

Bob it was great meeting you and seeing your awsome car. I am glad you enjoyed the Dragon and hope you and your wife make it back in the spring.
Bigkid,

Thank you so much for letting me take your car for a ride. It was fun to test a SRT6 with every Needswings mod available. It was also nice meeting Rob from Needswings. He has to be one of the nicest Crossfire owners I have met. I don't know how anyone could really enjoy hours and hours of driving these Smokey Mountain roads agressively without these paddles. Chris, You better plan on selling lots of these! This is one of the most cost effective ways to transform your driving experience.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't know how anyone could really enjoy hours and hours of driving these Smokey Mountain roads agressively without these paddles.
I dunno, the third pedal is pretty engaging!

Great getting to meet you this weekend, your car is awesome.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lantanatx , it was a pleasure meeting and talking to you , your car looks as good in person as in the pics,,, Jim you and QVC Book owe me one I came down with guns loaded and you broke down and Book goes shopping ... I came back to lodge around 3:30 and you where out running ,I'm glad you got it taken care of , so come spring its on ,,,

Howard.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 PM

Looking forward to the spring Howard. Enjoyed the conversation at breakfast but running thoes twisty roads with you is the best fun.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finished my install of the paddle shifters earlier today. What a great feature to have on our cars. Chris is amazing! He has gone out of his way to walk me through a trouble shotting process to nail down an error that was my fault.

I would highly encourage this mod. The instructions are well written and provide concise instructions. The most difficult process is soldering the circuit board. I over estimated my ability and used way too much solder. After a call with Chris he suggested contacting a tv repair shop. Five dollars for service and 25 dollar tip later I was paddle shifting.

For anyone considering this as a project, if you are patient, read the directions and understand your limitations this is a great project. If you have never soldered before or your soldering skills are weak do not do the soldering. Contact a local tv repair shop and pay a small fee and leave with confidence.

Best of luck to everyone who moves to paddle shifters!

Old 10-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Glad to hear you were able to get everything going without too much of a hassle.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rcompart
Glad to hear you were able to get everything going without too much of a hassle.
Thanks Rudy! Im glad I didn't need to come see you yet. But I do plan on making a trip up there sooner or later.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason_HBC
Thanks Rudy! Im glad I didn't need to come see you yet. But I do plan on making a trip up there sooner or later.
Take your time and enjoy the car while the weather is still nice. We can do the rest of the stuff when the white stuff gets here.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jason_HBC
I finished my install of the paddle shifters earlier today. What a great feature to have on our cars. Chris is amazing! He has gone out of his way to walk me through a trouble shotting process to nail down an error that was my fault.

I would highly encourage this mod. The instructions are well written and provide concise instructions. The most difficult process is soldering the circuit board. I over estimated my ability and used way too much solder. After a call with Chris he suggested contacting a tv repair shop. Five dollars for service and 25 dollar tip later I was paddle shifting.

For anyone considering this as a project, if you are patient, read the directions and understand your limitations this is a great project. If you have never soldered before or your soldering skills are weak do not do the soldering. Contact a local tv repair shop and pay a small fee and leave with confidence.

Best of luck to everyone who moves to paddle shifters!
Jason,
I was happy to work with you on this. I think I am going to add a picture to the instructions showing the solder-keep-out-zone in your honor
Chris

Old 10-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks Chris. There always has to be that one guy in class who finds himself making the wrong turn, but you got us bailed out!

Old 10-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Forum Regular

I have to give Chris big props for a top-notch kit! I haven't gotten something this complete ever... even from high-end companies. It's pretty obvious that he has a E&E degree and does this kinda work for a living... he did it all, heat shrink, connectors, even prepped the wires for soldering! I suck at soldering and had no problems with a $5 Radio Shack iron...

My car won't be back together for a while because I yanked the consoles for refinishing while it's winter time and it was already semi-disassembled. But I am excited for when it's back on the road...

Thanks again!!!

(Attached is a pic of my shifter in-work)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2760.JPG (105.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Buggin
I have to give Chris big props for a top-notch kit! I haven't gotten something this complete ever... even from high-end companies. It's pretty obvious that he has a E&E degree and does this kinda work for a living... he did it all, heat shrink, connectors, even prepped the wires for soldering! I suck at soldering and had no problems with a $5 Radio Shack iron...

My car won't be back together for a while because I yanked the consoles for refinishing while it's winter time and it was already semi-disassembled. But I am excited for when it's back on the road...

Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the Kind words Alan!

I have always hated wasting time looking for odds and ends that should be included in a kit. While putting together this Kit, the extra details really added up in terms of time and cost, but I wanted this to be a top notch kit without compromise and the feedback like yours that I keep getting makes it all worth it.

thanks,
Chris

Old 10-10-2011, 05:23 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

OK....OK....I've heard enough good things about this kit. This is torture.....ORDER PLACED !!!!!

Can't wait.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Buggin

Thanks again!!!

alan those were my thoughts exactly when i opened the box. top quality.
chris i dont know what the next project for you is but who cares!! put me at the top of the list and send me the bill

Old 10-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
alan those were my thoughts exactly when i opened the box. top quality.
chris i dont know what the next project for you is but who cares!! put me at the top of the list and send me the bill
Thanks Steve!

What is next you ask?
One of my favorite upgrades is a module I designed and installed in my SLK32 a little more than a year ago. It doesn't qualify as a performance enhancement, but it does make you feel more comfortable about leaving the top down or the windows open. To be more specific, I built a module that integrates a "DEI 508d dual zone microwave proximity sensor" into the slk32 alarm system which will work on all crossfires (and all mercedes for that matter). Basically, this ties the DEI 508d (available for $35) into the factory alarm. Once installed, if someone walks a little to close (puts their hand on a window, for example) the car's horn will give a light warning toot ... if they reach inside, however, your car alarm goes off. Sets and resets with the car's remote key ....

when will it be available, soon perhaps (let's see if I can get ahead on the paddle kits)

Chris

Old 10-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by latemodel21
Thanks Steve!

What is next you ask?
One of my favorite upgrades is a module I designed and installed in my SLK32 a little more than a year ago. It doesn't qualify as a performance enhancement, but it does make you feel more comfortable about leaving the top down or the windows open. To be more specific, I built a module that integrates a "DEI 508d dual zone microwave proximity sensor" into the slk32 alarm system which will work on all crossfires (and all mercedes for that matter). Basically, this ties the DEI 508d (available for $35) into the factory alarm. Once installed, if someone walks a little to close (puts their hand on a window, for example) the car's horn will give a light warning toot ... if they reach inside, however, your car alarm goes off. Sets and resets with the car's remote key ....

when will it be available, soon perhaps (let's see if I can get ahead on the paddle kits)

Chris
Chris, I'm in for the proximity sensor too!

Quick Reply: My New Custom Wheel with Paddle shift