Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SCCA, How is the x-fire?

Old 06-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCCA, How is the x-fire?

Just bought a Crossfire.... awsome. My prediction is that if you are racing Solo II that the cars horesepower and tourque seem to be in the right place for cone racing, is this true?

If you want straight line speed and accelaration the the SRT would be the way to go.

What I liked about the X-fire is how I feel, like I put on the car, not getting in the car... had the same feeling with my shifter Kart!

Any comments?

Old 06-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SCCA, How is the x-fire?

Originally Posted by Keljen
Just bought a Crossfire.... awsome. My prediction is that if you are racing Solo II that the cars horesepower and tourque seem to be in the right place for cone racing, is this true?

If you want straight line speed and accelaration the the SRT would be the way to go.

What I liked about the X-fire is how I feel, like I put on the car, not getting in the car... had the same feeling with my shifter Kart!

Any comments?
Wes Michaels does autocross in his Crossfire and has done very well against a wide range of other cars. You might check some of his posts, or look at video clips and times at http://www.autocross.us

Old 06-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Default Re: SCCA, How is the x-fire?

Originally Posted by Keljen

Any comments?
I have some video links posted of me autocrossing mine. It handles great!!! As a matter of fact I will be autocrossing it tomorrow. The videos are on www.autocross.us If you look in the lower right corner of the home page you will see my name. Click on it and you can see the last time out. If you go to "Event Coverage" there are more videos there. Autocross it.... You'll Love it!!!

Old 06-05-2004, 09:21 PM

Go autocross it. I will be racing tomorrow too. But not with Wes. I have been finishing mid pack...but that is because of the driver. Experienced drivers in my car have posted very good times... Do it... and have fun while you are at it. First thing though...I would change the brake pads (fronts)...