Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Looking To Buy An SRT6

Old 08-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking To Buy An SRT6

Alright, so, this is my first post and I have a few questions to ask within it. Quick background on me; I live in Virginia, I'm a student, and I'm looking to buy an SRT6 as soon as I can. I've been looking to swap my RX8 for awhile, but until recently I've mainly been looking for an Evolution. My dad mentioned the SRT6 and along with the fact that my uncle loved his SLK32 AMG, I've decided to look around for a decent used one. I need to buy from a dealer and I want to know if I've found a good deal: an '05 SRT6 with about 60k miles. It's had one owner it's whole life and they want about $15,000. I think it's a good deal. I need to buy from a dealer because I have part of the loan on my RX8 left.

- Arek

Old 08-23-2011, 06:42 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Looking To Buy An SRT6

Originally Posted by Polish Person
Alright, so, this is my first post and I have a few questions to ask within it. Quick background on me; I live in Virginia, I'm a student, and I'm looking to buy an SRT6 as soon as I can. I've been looking to swap my RX8 for awhile, but until recently I've mainly been looking for an Evolution. My dad mentioned the SRT6 and along with the fact that my uncle loved his SLK32 AMG, I've decided to look around for a decent used one. I need to buy from a dealer and I want to know if I've found a good deal: an '05 SRT6 with about 60k miles. It's had one owner it's whole life and they want about $15,000. I think it's a good deal. I need to buy from a dealer because I have part of the loan on my RX8 left.

- Arek
Deal sounds pretty good but I'd suggest you go take pictures and post them on here. The forum members can look at the pictures and you'd be surprised at what we can spot. Also, if it's one owner they should have the maintenance records. If you can review them to check to see frequency and type of oil changes, what other things may have been repaired / replaced etc. we can tell you then tell you what may be needed in the future. Things like the SC pump, the tranny connector etc.

Hope it works out.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:25 PM

Someone bought it. I bet they saw my post. Oh well. Time to keep looking.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts

I know you want to work with a dealer but,,,,
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ne-has-go.html

PM if interested.

franc

BTW I kinda doubt anyone here bought it. You didn't give enough info to find it and, most fellas here aren't like that.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 08-23-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine might be for sale. I have an opportunity to pick up a exotic ride and I dont need 3 cars.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats the dealer I mean stealer going to give you on trading yours in !!! Watch out !!! You can always sell yours outright just have to tell people you still owe on car & will have to pay off loan 1st !!! Bought my crossfire for wife that way !! Went to bank with owner & paid off car signed title over & all was good !!!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
whats the dealer I mean stealer going to give you on trading yours in !!! Watch out !!! You can always sell yours outright just have to tell people you still owe on car & will have to pay off loan 1st !!! Bought my crossfire for wife that way !! Went to bank with owner & paid off car signed title over & all was good !!!
I owe a little under $18,000 on the RX-8 still. I bought it used about a year ago. It's hard to find people that can get decent APR on a personal loan that big.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Forum Regular

Dealer in Texas has one with 42,000 miles. Wants about 14.5. Here's the deal you've been asking for.
Chrysler : Crossfire | eBay

Old 08-24-2011, 08:54 PM

I've been thinking about selling mine. It's a black '05 SRT-6 Coupe w/ 11,952 miles on it as of today. Falls in the Good condition based on KBB standards. Mods are NW Dual CAI, 181mm pulley and tune by Jerry @Eurocharged, Resonator delete, new Bosch IC pump, and iPod plug-in by Rudy. I have all the original OEM parts to put it back to stock. Just trying to see if there would be any potential buyers, so let me know if you're interested.