Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Performance Trans Module Software Upgrade

Old 10-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Trans Module Software Upgrade

We have finished testing our performance trans module software and are very satisfied with the results and are now making it available for purchase. Price is $400 + core with free ground shipping. We also offer same day turn around and overnight shipping for an additional $50.

What you can expect to see with this upgrade; quicker, firmer, more commanding shifts that are much more predictable throughout the powerband. Holds gears longer when getting close to redline so if you're hovering around 5500RPMs and then get out of the throttle, it isn't going shift to the next gear unless you have it in "D" and is very well paired with Chris's shift paddle kit we have installed in customers cars. Another benefit to this upgrade is better tip-in throttle response as well as better post-shift throttle responsiveness, meaning when you stab the gas, it is going to ramp open the throttle body considerable quicker than before and not cut as much throttle during the shift.

Some have asked why we didn't go the route of a manual mode trans module and our reasoning was that the people who are going to be interested in this upgrade are putting some serious power to the wheels and as such, and coupled with the fact that this upgrade causes the transmission to shift considerably more aggressively, if you take away the ability for one to subdue that power and aggressiveness during inlcament weather and road condition, you take away from the daily driver usability of the car. We feel that this is the best approach to offering this performance upgrade and our those that have tested it have felt the same and are very happy with how it performs.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Performance Trans Module Software Upgrade

Cool new upgrade to our cars. What is the difference compared to the eurocharged upgrade mentioned on this forum?

Old 10-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

3rd paragraph explains the difference....FUBU...

Old 10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

doc your gonna need some brake upgrades to go with this!! ahem ahem.....

Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 PM

I know I know...lol... you have to wait in line....lol Can't wait to return to Nashville...had a great time...

Old 10-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
3rd paragraph explains the difference....FUBU...
Okidoki

Old 10-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any chance of a video showing us how this performs? I know that I need/want this, but a video would be reassuring. Just in time for Christmas guys.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Haha this is crazy who would of thought that I'd have a performance shop in my backyard. When I come back from school one weekend I need to come by and check the shop out.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Forum Regular

Hell, who would have thought that we'd see THREE different companies with TCM mods available all around the same time???

I am seriously interested as I know the OEM shifts are crazy slow. My buddies dad, who owns a trans shop, said he could see my car nose-dive between shifts at the drags... now to decide which one I want! shift paddles mod is already done...

Old 10-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Buggin
Hell, who would have thought that we'd see THREE different companies with TCM mods available all around the same time???
That's exactly what I was thinking also. Would love to see a TCM mod Shootout.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the Speedriven trans module in my car for about a month now. I am very pleased with the preformance. It shifts quicker and firmer and the throttle response imediatly upon the shift is awsome. I could really tell how aggressive it was the first time I drove it just a bit aggressivly in the rain. My response was to NOT drive it aggressively in the rain. It never occured to me to change to the W mode. I will have to try that.

The down shifts can be very firm when you are pushing the car. This can help balance the car when the timing is right. You will really like the quick firm up shifts and instant throttlle response. I had it at the recent Dragon and coupled with the paddle shifters and the wavetrac my car was predictable and tons of fun to drive. Much easier to control the weight of the car into the turns and it was blasting out of the turns.

I told Rudy last week he better come up with a price for this because he was not getting it back. Before I was about 20% manual shifting vrs 80% auto. Now I am about 80% manual to 20% auto. Of course you still feel it working in full auto but the paddle shifters make it just too much fun to quit.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM

Im putting paddles in the Roadster/ and both cars will get this mod... The aggresive tune for the Coupe, the milder tune for the Roadster. At least that is my thinking right now...

Old 10-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you will really enjoy it Doc.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:35 PM

I wish I had taken a ride with you Jim...forgot about that mod...lol It will get done over winter...

Old 10-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have some questions that i need to know the answer. does the mod allow for downshifting at any rpm? ie: if i hit the down paddle by mistake in 4th at 4000rpm will it shift to 3rd and pop the trans? this is the main fear i have with any of the tcu mods. also am i correct in thinking this mod affects both auto shift and manual mode? does the price inc. any upgrades that come along in the future? price is in the ballpark just want to make the right choice.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i have some questions that i need to know the answer. does the mod allow for downshifting at any rpm? ie: if i hit the down paddle by mistake in 4th at 4000rpm will it shift to 3rd and pop the trans? this is the main fear i have with any of the tcu mods.

This is a very good question... would like to know the answer from all 3 companies.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:05 PM

I think that is why speedriven went the way they did... cause if she hits hard going up aggressive, she will do the same going down... I think that is what Rudy was trying to tell us. I know Jim was shifting up and down chasing me thru the Dragon without any problems at all...

Old 10-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Does this allow a higher redline? Not that I think it's a good idea to raise it to say ... 6500. Along with the quicker up and down shifts do you reduce the torque control? Just curious for a few more details. Who am I kidding, I'm getting this from someone as soon as possible.

Les

Old 10-17-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Does this allow a higher redline? Not that I think it's a good idea to raise it to say ... 6500. Along with the quicker up and down shifts do you reduce the torque control? Just curious for a few more details. Who am I kidding, I'm getting this from someone as soon as possible.

Les
you know you want this mod...lol Makes all the difference in the world on predictable shifts... Less aggressive is Speedriven, more aggressive is Eurocharged. I think for your sport, less aggressive is probably the best bet. My roadster will get this one with the paddle shifters.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Forum Regular

...and added to the Christmas wish list....

Quick Reply: Performance Trans Module Software Upgrade