Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

what if we all posted our cars for sale for 30k?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: what if we all posted our cars for sale for 30k?

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I am not selling either one of mine now for anything less than $30k as the price has gone up.... I would take $58K for both, but that's it....

You "Crazy Cajun", where have you been?
Hey Doc,
It’s been a real busy year and I let 2011 get the best of me. Between landing a new gig and even more touring, working on the Honey-do list(s) when I’m home and spending as much time as I can with my wife, 2011 was a blur. I picked up a “Barn fresh” 1951 Ford Woody Wagon outside of Denver to build into a pro street toy now and that’s taking up what little space I have left.
I’ve been thinking about selling the crossfire for some time now but never pulled the trigger. I’m no-longer driving it and it just sits in the garage under its cover, I put less than 200 miles on it last year.
Not sure what I’ll do with it except replace the rear tires (again) for the fifth time.

Cheers~

Old 12-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Forum Regular

05 SRT6 Graphite Roadster for sale...Rarest SRT6 vehicle...67k...30k will take 20k...I won't hold my breathe lol

Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tri_zombie
Hey Doc,
It’s been a real busy year and I let 2011 get the best of me. Between landing a new gig and even more touring, working on the Honey-do list(s) when I’m home and spending as much time as I can with my wife, 2011 was a blur. I picked up a “Barn fresh” 1951 Ford Woody Wagon outside of Denver to build into a pro street toy now and that’s taking up what little space I have left.
I’ve been thinking about selling the crossfire for some time now but never pulled the trigger. I’m no-longer driving it and it just sits in the garage under its cover, I put less than 200 miles on it last year.
Not sure what I’ll do with it except replace the rear tires (again) for the fifth time.

Cheers~
Well if you get into Indiana...you let me know...and you keep that roadster...one of kind.... A pro street woody.... cool.... don't be a stranger

Old 12-07-2011, 09:49 PM

Noles, what do you mean by rarest srt made

Old 12-07-2011, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Isn't that about what happened with the supra's. 50k limited prduction, discontinued, sports car and the owners set the market price?
Sort of. It was mostly due to Fast and the Furious driving up demand for Supras to a ridiculous level and instantly adding $10,000 to the value. Many owners held onto the cars until they reached the equilibrium price which was somewhere in the low-$30k range. As the market began to flood and the popularity of the movie waned the price came down to about $20k or so.

The SRT6 doesn't have anything backing demand other than it's a rare car. All colluding would do is cause more people to scratch the SRT6 off as an option and buy a M3, Z4M, or even the SLK32. Now if it ever went back into production, got a lot of media face time, or rare oddball production cars ever become very popular then we'd have something.

EDIT: I should add that the car may be rare enough to entice a value increase by people who collect SRT vehicles, but it likely wouldn't be more than a few thousand, but that all depends. Watch Carmax prices if you want a good indicator if the SRT6 would be investment worthy. They're most likely to squeeze every dime of profit they can from the car.

Last edited by anthony955; 12-07-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:50 PM

In a moment of insanity last summer (my winter ride needed replacing - so I thought I might sell both and switch over to an SRT8 Jeep) I advertised my SRT6 for $23K. Got some bites, but another guy in Ontario advertised his SRT6 For $19K, and sold it for a little less. Then mine was the only one in the area, but 2 to 3 weeks of the spring selling season had been wasted. I dropped my price a bit more, and started to get some action under $20K, but for that price, I said screw it - and went shopping for a new winter beater.

You can't replace an SRT6 with anything comparable for $25K. One day, more people will wake up, and stop dumping their cars for $12-15K, then those who want one will need to pay over $20K for a good coupe.

Drew