Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

No more street racing for me.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more street racing for me.

Well I went on my usual morning ride today and happened to come across a brand new Shelby mustang. Well you can guess what happened. He hit the gas then I hit it hard. He pulled on me a little but not as much as I thought he would. Hen it happened state troopers everywhere. Got a ticket for going 133 but she did let me off on the drag racing issue. Guess there was a plane doing speed checks. Mustang was pulled over too. Not sure what happened to him. Happy 4th of July everyone. My wife is not happy so today will be a long one for me.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: No more street racing for me.

Congratulations !!!
You beat out maxcichon for the fastest speeding ticket.

Anybody thought about starting a pot here for paying speeding tickets ?
If there was a list of names that were 'reliable', you could IM a copy of your ticket receipt
to them and everyone on the list would be required to PayPal you $20 or whatever amount was agreed on ...

Just a thought - I realize it wouldn't help with the points you earned from your state, but it would keep bread on the table

Old 07-04-2012, 10:57 AM

least I'm number one at something. Lol

Old 07-04-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Daddy
Well I went on my usual morning ride today and happened to come across a brand new Shelby mustang. Well you can guess what happened. He hit the gas then I hit it hard. He pulled on me a little but not as much as I thought he would. Hen it happened state troopers everywhere. Got a ticket for going 133 but she did let me off on the drag racing issue. Guess there was a plane doing speed checks. Mustang was pulled over too. Not sure what happened to him. Happy 4th of July everyone. My wife is not happy so today will be a long one for me.
D'oh! Definitely the wrong day to be racing. Here in AL all agencies are hot and heavy on the streets looking for DUI, speeders, illegal aliens, etc.

If you were "clocked" by aircraft, they were probably using "VASCAR" to determine your speed. In some jurisdictions, that's actually pretty easy to beat in court. Radar or LIDAR, that's another question.

I've found the best way to avoid a ticket is to keep my DL in my wallet right next to my badge

Old 07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

least I'm number one at something. Lol
And if anyone thinks, for one hot second, that I'll try to best this:

They are wrong! I'm happy to "pass the torch"!

Daddy, where are you?

BTW-my next door neighbor is the city prosecutor for a nearby muni. He's "fixing" it for me. I'll still have to do on-line traffic school, which I don't mind one bit, but it will be dismissed with no license points/insurance issues.

Whew!

Last edited by maxcichon; 07-04-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Ouch! Speed Contest, Reckless Driving, Speeding, and god knows what else.... That is some serious fines, so, this old cop highly suggests a lawyer for this one. I would say the guy in the Mustang was getting the same treatment. Max....tell me what you did. I missed that one....

Old 07-04-2012, 11:25 AM

Greene county ohio. My next door neighbor is not a prosecutor. Anyone want to guess what this will cost me?

Old 07-04-2012, 11:28 AM

Doc, can the judge add charges like reckless operation, drag racing etc when I get to court or can he only charge me with what is on the ticket?

Old 07-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
... Max....tell me what you did. I missed that one....
Got caught by "Instant On Ka" on Interstate 85 at 8 AM 2 Sunadys ago. I was taking my 67 Y.O. sister to the Atlanta airport and when there was NO traffic in front of us, I ask her if she "would like to see how fast she is"?
I floored it @ 75 and accelerated through 130 when "BEEEEEEEEEEEP". I scrubbed off ~ 20 MPH and pulled over immediately. The trooper was very nice, but cited me for 109 in a 70 zone. No reckless due to there being no traffic.
When he walked up to the car, he asked if there was any reason I was going so fast? I replied: "Officer, is there ever any reason for going that fast? I was just showing my sister my little sports car".

And that's exactly what he wrote on the citation!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Forum Regular

Just for the ticket, I will guess it will cost you $400 - In Louisiana it $5 for every mile per hour over 20 mph of the speed limit, On top of the ticket cost.

If it makes you feel better, we pretty much all would of done the same thing in that situation. No one will tangle with me down here.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:31 PM

Ride a motorcycle. cops won't chase . Cars can't compete. The essence of speed and handling. I feel safer on a bike than in any car. Doing it 50 years. No tickets. gary

Old 07-04-2012, 01:11 PM

This junky @ss forum...Tried several times to answer your questions...

>Max, sorry to hear my friend...you will be washing police cars for the next several months, community service..lol....jk...

> A judge can do whatever she/he wants to do in cases like this. Just depends on what the officer wrote down. If speed contest, that constitutes wreckless driving awa more than 26 over the speed limit. I think $500.00 or more, plus several points against your license. This is one I do recommend a lawyer on...I am sure the other guy is right there with you on what he recieved.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:18 PM

she only wrote on the ticket "warning on drag racing" clear conditions dry pavement light traffic and airplane box was checked not the "vascar " box

Old 07-04-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by arado
Ride a motorcycle. cops won't chase . Cars can't compete. The essence of speed and handling. I feel safer on a bike than in any car. Doing it 50 years. No tickets. gary
What have you been smoking? I have written a lot of bike riders on crotch rockets, but of course I owned one too...lol. If you run, you go to jail....so most just pull over.... Something about that radio....traveling at the speed of light....

Old 07-04-2012, 01:25 PM

she only wrote on the ticket "warning on drag racing" clear conditions dry pavement light traffic and airplane box was checked not the "vascar " box
yep, she left it up to the judge.... Have a good story to tell he/she when you appear... No wreckless for the speed? Airplanes use vascar, as that is the only means to measure your speed. That is why she didn't charge you, the plane saw it, not her....

Old 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry about your misfortune. I lost my license for a year in IL when I was 19 for drag racing. My insurance was damn near unaffordable for a number of years after I got it back.

In May, I was driving home to FL from IL around the Memorial holiday, and there were speed traps everywhere in Illinois, Georgia and Alabama. It seemed like every time someone passed me (I was doing a steady 75 all the way), they got pulled over when they passed under the next overpass.

No one should be taking any chances during or around any holidays......police quotas are made around the holidays.

my .02.....

Old 07-04-2012, 01:29 PM

yep, stepped up patrols on the holidays. Everyone does it...too many people traveling and in a hurry to get there... Best advise as usual, is find that rabbit and pace yourself behind them....

Old 07-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by maxcichon
And if anyone thinks, for one hot second, that I'll try to best this:

They are wrong! I'm happy to "pass the torch"!

Daddy, where are you?

BTW-my next door neighbor is the city prosecutor for a nearby muni. He's "fixing" it for me. I'll still have to do on-line traffic school, which I don't mind one bit, but it will be dismissed with no license points/insurance issues.

Whew!
I thought I was lucky when I got stopped for 67 in a 55!
"Well I see it's been 15 years since you had a violation.. I guess you've earned a free pass on this one"... Had to pick my jaw up from my lap..

Old 07-04-2012, 01:40 PM

no reckless on the ticket. Only speed. And what kind of story? Never done this before

Old 07-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

He held a gun up at the window so you took off in fear for your life?

Quick Reply: No more street racing for me.