Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Wings: NA v. SRT

Old 07-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Wings: NA v. SRT

Originally Posted by FUBU
I have had the N/A bcm, wiring is needed to be done, buttons in cockpit, and it is not to be done for the fainthearted. Nevertheless, a simple manual switch, power from battery with fuse and you can manually deploy the wing when you are about to race above 60.
FUBU - pretty please will you do a DIY for this?

Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Wings: NA v. SRT

Originally Posted by dskul1
This has been a great thread to read. When I first started it I was interested in the difference in wing performance and how it affects drag at all speeds. The problem is that I forgot about the front splitter and how it works w/the wing. Since the wing is SOOO BIG, it is only natural to fixate on it and forget about the splitter-front air dam where the flow of air first contacts the car. Also, I think when people here have been comparing the NA v SRT there were other changes to the car that were not as obvious were forgotten. Just as important as the wing; steering, roll, springs, engine, etc that make the two cars different. From what I read the SRT was produced to address some of the complaints about shortcomings of the NA. They are really two different cars. All cars have shortcomings, and they do not neccessarily detract from the car, but are part of the personality of the car. Viva la difference! When someone modifies the suspension, tires, shocks, to customize the car, they are changing the personality of the car (putting different clothing on the supermodel) to make to the XF even more appealing to them. I have purchased cars that have been modified, and not always agreed w/the new personality. I see it all the time. Remember the puke green Ford Maverick w/the wing on the back? I might hate it, but that is that person's idea of beauty and performance. That's what I like about cars, they can be such a personal expression of ourselves. Old classic cars, not so old, not so classic, expressions of personality. I just love that everyone can enjoy their idea of personality and creativity expressed in their cars. I told my wife the other day that I'm very happy w/my stable of cars and don't want to change for a very long time. I have an 2010 Mazda CX9, 05 XF SRT6 and 1972 Datsun 240Z. That is my expression. Different, but love all of them.
Very well said. We all love our cars, and often do things both large and small to change their appearance or performance to better individualize them. We do these things for ourselves, and not everyone will agree with our own decisions. But we do these things to our cars, to fulfill our desires for that car. We should never be worried if someone agrees or not - that's sort of the definition of "individuality", isn't it?