Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

The story of my SRT

Old 04-20-2024, 07:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default The story of my SRT

I saw a reaccuring post in the facebook crossfire club about an aero blue SRT that was listed at a dealer for $15k. I guess a few people from that group had called this dealer and said that it did not run and they were given no reason by the dealer. As usual, in that group the comments turned sour and a lot of people 💩 all over it.
I found the dealer and called them. Located in Chicago. Now, I do not know what the people said to the salesman, but he had an instant attitude and asked me if I saw it on a facebook post. 😅 Reluctantly I said yes and he almost hung up on me. 🥺 I assured him that I truly wanted that car and only needed to know what happened to it at that dealership. Already owning 3 N\A's I figured the worse case was one of them would be getting an engine upgrade. I wanted it badly. He told me it had been cross jumped by a lot tech and that they had tried everything to fix it. So I asked him how much for it and we haggled for about 10 minutes before agreeing on a price. I asked him if they could hold it for 1 month. He agreed and I sent him a grand. I had 1 month and not a trailer was for sale in all of California. Yikes. I found a drive on trailer from another dealer about 100 miles from the car dealer and worked the same deal to hold it for me. I drove from San Diego picked up a new trailer then off to the dealer I went. The salesman was kind of in disbelief when I rolled on to the lot a week early. Paid him, loaded it up and drove to Virginia to visit my parents. When I got back to Cali I had no idea what was wrong. So I called Josh. He said send me the electronics I can fix this. The cross jump had fried the skreem and scrambled the ECU. So he sold me a skreem and programmed it with the ECU and key fobs. He also got new fob covers for me. I got the goods and went right to work installing them and doing the sticky key fix. And about at 1:00 am the SRT was breathing. I then turned the rotors and put new pads on it. Got tires. Changed the plugs valve cover gaskets, steering stabilizer oil and filter. I also flushed the power steering fluid. I recently replaced the water pump, antifreeze and all drive belt idler pulleys, tensioner pulley and the supercharger pulley bearing and belt, air filters and Windscreen wipers. I have put less than 1000 miles on it in the 3 years I have owned it. It is bone stock with no mods. I have a few more parts on the shelf to install, brake hoses, fuel filter and brake fluid flush. I am the 3rd owner. As the dealer bought it from the original owner which was a lady that took good care of it.

The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (04-21-2024)
Old 04-20-2024, 11:58 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: The story of my SRT

Quite a story and I'm happy it all worked out for you
I live in a Chicago suburb (Aurora)
I wish I knew you were coming as I would have enjoyed meeting you at the dealer when you came to pick it up
Best of luck with your SRT !!!

Old 04-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Forum Regular
Received 288 Likes on 213 Posts

I'm glad that you were able to fix the car and I hope that you will enjoy it!

The following users liked this post:
machfivecrossfire (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Valk
Quite a story and I'm happy it all worked out for you
I live in a Chicago suburb (Aurora)
I wish I knew you were coming as I would have enjoyed meeting you at the dealer when you came to pick it up
Best of luck with your SRT !!!
That would have been an epic time for my wife and myself. We were exhausted when we picked it up. We drove somewhere and hit up a Hilton through price line and crashed hard. Im sure we will make that trip again and next time I will let you know. It is always fun meeting crossfire owners and sharing our experiences. Thank you. It will be for sale in the near future. I bought it to save the car, fix it and re sell to another owner. Honestly, Its too nice to mod or thrash on. And its one of the few stock SRT's left out in the wild. I will find a wrecked one and fix that one for racing and thrashing.

Old 04-21-2024, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by M60A3Driver
I'm glad that you were able to fix the car and I hope that you will enjoy it!
Yes Sir, I put my faith in MSS when they were getting started. Josh kept his word. My part of fixing it was a fun adventure. I have and do enjoy driving it on the occasion that I do. People always want to race me.

The following 2 users liked this post by machfivecrossfire:
JSK (04-21-2024), M60A3Driver (04-22-2024)