Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

YES! Got my delivery confirmation

Old 10-29-2004, 05:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile YES! Got my delivery confirmation

...yesterday I got the confirmation that the delivery of my black XF SRT-6 Roadster will be in calendar week 48! Only 4 more weeks to go

Old 10-29-2004, 06:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: YES! Got my delivery confirmation

Nice, i thought chrysler was going to back out of releasing it.

Old 10-29-2004, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by x'ed
Nice, i thought chrysler was going to back out of releasing it.
Why should they? It's reliable AMG technics.
Here in Switzerland are currently at 16 demonstration cars at dealers in the region. I was told I will get the first customer delivery :-)

Old 10-29-2004, 09:14 AM

I didn't say they shouldn't, there were just rumors flying around that it wasn't going to come up because of lower than expected regular xfire sales. Your from Switzerland? My dads family is from there, last name is Felchlin, we have a chocolate factory there ( i think there is alot though) and a wine company. Ever heard of them?

Old 10-29-2004, 09:38 AM

I didn't say they shouldn't, there were just rumors flying around that it wasn't going to come up because of lower than expected regular xfire sales.
oh, o.k. I didn't know. But sales of the XF are definitely much lower than expected, especailly in the States.
Your from Switzerland? My dads family is from there, last name is Felchlin, we have a chocolate factory there ( i think there is alot though) and a wine company. Ever heard of them?
Wow, that's interesting. Although I am a German living for over 11 years in Switzerland even I know Felchlin chocolate
http://www.felchlin.com

I am btw originally from Stuttgart living in Zurich.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:49 PM

Yup thats us. I mean I dont see any of the money, but the people who own it are direct relatives.

Old 10-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member
Thumbs up Re: YES! Got my delivery confirmation

Congrats on your SRT6!!
I drove a coupe and It's everything I wish my 04 was!!!
I like it all, the wheels, the wing, the seats, etc..............and the POWER!!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2004, 07:28 AM

Yup thats us. I mean I dont see any of the money, but the people who own it are direct relatives.
That's great - who else (specially in the States) can tell that his relatives produce famous Swiss chocolate

Old 10-30-2004, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by REDCROSS
Congrats on your SRT6!!
I drove a coupe and It's everything I wish my 04 was!!!
I like it all, the wheels, the wing, the seats, etc..............and the POWER!!!!!!!
Thanks a lot. As soon as I will get delivery I will take pics and post 'em.

Old 10-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new ride.

I know the anticipation is killing you......but it will be worth it. I sometimes regret not waiting for the SRT, but I wanted immediate gratification.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:11 PM

As great as the XF SRT-6 is...as I just took delivery of one....the XF SRT-8 is in the works as you read this post.

Old 11-15-2004, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by vpmd
As great as the XF SRT-6 is...as I just took delivery of one....the XF SRT-8 is in the works as you read this post.
Nice joke except there is a company in the states that puts the Hemi into a XF like Brabus or for Chrysler Startech does it with the Mercedes engine. DC definitely will not.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:14 PM

I wish it was a joke. You'll see it in the near future. It's a major hush hush at DC. Just be patient...a lot of changes to their SRT lines, inc. Dodge, of course. Supposedly, they're going to shoehorn in the AMG 5.5 from the C55 and it's coming from DC and AMG, not a tuner and built in Germany, of course. It'll be called an Xfire SRT-8. No info on whether it'll be blown...but the information was pretty accurate from the Chrysler guys. I just thought I'd post it to share. Have a great day.

Old 11-17-2004, 07:43 AM

I wish it was a joke. You'll see it in the near future. It's a major hush hush at DC. Just be patient...a lot of changes to their SRT lines, inc. Dodge, of course. Supposedly, they're going to shoehorn in the AMG 5.5 from the C55 and it's coming from DC and AMG, not a tuner and built in Germany, of course. It'll be called an Xfire SRT-8. No info on whether it'll be blown...but the information was pretty accurate from the Chrysler guys. I just thought I'd post it to share. Have a great day.
Unfortunately it still is wishful thinking only. I'd love to see a SRT-8 Xfire but it will not happen!
But there is a new concept car called "Firepower" that looks like an Aston Martin and it is equiped with the SRT-8 6.1L Hemi. I guess your source mistakes the Crossfire for the Firepower. Unfortunately I am not allowed to post pics yet but believe me, I know what I am talking about!

Last edited by Tim CH; 11-17-2004 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Forum Regular

The 5.5L is going to be used in the 2005 AMG version of the SLK as a replacement for the 2004's Supercharged 3.2L. Since the 2005 SLK is an entirely new platform we will not see the 5.5 liter as long as the crossfires stay on the <2004 SLK platform. If the crossfire survives long enough, some day we may get a redesign and share the 2005+ SLK platform... but that won't be for a long while, if ever.

Old 11-17-2004, 12:23 PM

why doesn't someboy, either on the negative or positive of this arguement, provide sources?

Old 11-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Forum Regular

why doesn't someboy, either on the negative or positive of this arguement, provide sources?
I don't have any sources, except for the fact that if this was in fact in the works, you'd see it on various "auto spy" web sites. Cars like the 300C SRT8, Corvette C6, Dodge Charger, etc, all had spy info a year, if not sooner, before their production.

I'm basing my argument on logistics.

1) Very rarely do auto manufacturers introduce a new drive-train in a car without redesigning the car.
2) Very rarely do they redesign a car in its first couple years of production (other than minor plastic/fascia reworkings)
3) It would not be a wise decision by DC to produce a car that shares the compenentry from a much more expensive Mercedes.

Old 11-17-2004, 02:56 PM

I am one source!

Old 11-17-2004, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Heb80
The 5.5L is going to be used in the 2005 AMG version of the SLK as a replacement for the 2004's Supercharged 3.2L. Since the 2005 SLK is an entirely new platform we will not see the 5.5 liter as long as the crossfires stay on the <2004 SLK platform. If the crossfire survives long enough, some day we may get a redesign and share the 2005+ SLK platform... but that won't be for a long while, if ever.
Totally agree

Old 11-17-2004, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tim CH
Unfortunately it still is wishful thinking only. I'd love to see a SRT-8 Xfire but it will not happen!
But there is a new concept car called "Firepower" that looks like an Aston Martin and it is equiped with the SRT-8 6.1L Hemi. I guess your source mistakes the Crossfire for the Firepower. Unfortunately I am not allowed to post pics yet but believe me, I know what I am talking about!
Sorry, didn't know if the pics of the Firepower were allowed to give out. For the pics see the "other cars" board