Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

JHM2K can you answer this please

Old 03-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JHM2K can you answer this please

John,
I am installing the 61 mm Eurocharge pulley , Needswing CAI and catch can tomorrow.

I already had the ECU and TCU tuned by Eurocharge for these mods and just wanted to know if once these mods were made did you have any issues.

Did you have to go with a smaller belt or belt saver kit after installing the pulley? Any lean burn problems, stuff like that.

I'm hoping I can just install them and everything will be fine but seeing as you already did these mods I'd appreciate your input.
Thanks
Brian

Old 03-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: JHM2K can you answer this please

Hi Brian,

If you've already been tuned by the folks at Eurocharged for the exact mod list you've provided them, you *should* be good. The only way to truly know is to hook up a wideband AFR gauge and log the numbers... otherwise, we're simply guessing. I'm assuming you don't have any other fuel mods (pump, injectors, pressure regulator), right? I'm using the Walbro pump and the 550cc Bosch injectors, and honestly I think the injectors were overkill. I need to get down to a dyno for some real-time tuning... my current tune is very safe but still fat. Definitely more power on the table to be had... I just haven't had the opportunity to retune yet.

As for the belt, yes -- you will need a shorter belt. I'll have to get the exact length for you, maybe someone on here will be a dove and chime in.

I'm using latemodel21's belt wrap kit and the slip with my 61mm pulley has been minimal. Beforehand, I was using the Needswings kit and while it was flawless with the 65mm pulley, the 61 (actually 61.9, but I digress) needs more wrap to get a good bite.

Hope this helps, and keep us posted!

Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the fast reply.

I'll do all the other mods today and wait to hear from you or anyone else on the correct belt size.

Can't wait to get it all done and stomp on it! LOL

I really appreciate all the great advise and sharing from the members of this forum. It takes all the guess work and head banging out to the equation.

Thanks again
Brian

Old 03-09-2014, 10:58 AM

I have the same experience with the belt, 62mm sc pulley needed the latemodel21 belt wrap kit (then you can use the OEM belt forever). I also think that you would need fuel mods. I have similar mods to the ones you're installing and have datalogged and show lean (dangerous) at the top of 2nd and 3rd gear pulls above 4500 rpm or so. Rob from needswings can help you out with mechanical fuel needs and euro charged can dial back the tune to keep you from running fat all the time. If you don't install a datalogging system then you should have it dyno tuned after all the mods are in place and drive it like easy until you know whats going on.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I have some experience with this . . . You're moving into the serious mod territory. You will definitely need to install a high volume (SL55 type) fuel pump, an unrestricted fuel filter and a separate adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The stock SRT6 fuel pump will NOT provide enough fuel for the demands created by the 61.9mm supercharger pulley. You're generating more boost and without feeding more fuel you risk serious damage to your engine.

Last edited by RED DOG; 03-09-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:11 PM

Thanks for the information guys.

I just ordered the belt wrap kit from Chris.

When I spoke with Eurocharge before purchasing the pulley and having the ECU TCU tuned they told me that I would not be running lean. I may not have made this clear in my previous post but I only installed the Needswing single air intake.

I'll take your advise since you've been there done that and get the pump, filter and regulator.

Do you have part numbers for these so I don't have to go reinvent the wheel?

What did you set the regulator pressure at?

What data logging system do you have and where did you install it?

BTW nice car Red Dog, I have the Aero Blue Roadster

Thanks
Brian

Last edited by aplusbrian; 03-09-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aplusbrian
Thanks for the information guys.

I just ordered the belt wrap kit from Chris.

When I spoke with Eurocharge before purchasing the pulley and having the ECU TCU tuned they told me that I would not be running lean. I may not have made this clear in my previous post but I only installed the Needswing single air intake.

I'll take your advise since you've been there done that and get the pump, filter and regulator.

Do you have part numbers for these so I don't have to go reinvent the wheel?

What did you set the regulator pressure at?

What data logging system do you have and where did you install it?

BTW nice car Red Dog, I have the Aero Blue Roadster

Thanks
Brian
Just go to NeedsWings, Rob has all the right stuff. Fuel pressure is 58 psi.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

61mm and they told you no lien condition. I ran lien with a 62mm. Who do you want to believe? 65mm there is no lien condition, but with a 61 you will need more fuel on the high rpm range. Listen to those above...