Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Where have all the "6" roadsters gone.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where have all the "6" roadsters gone.

I know my SRT6 roadster has all the earmarks of a collector car. I figured that I would be dead before it commanded any serious money. However, I've noticed that you can't find them for sale. Coupes yes, but roadsters no. I can currently find only one for sale." Performance only guys" aren't going to pay a high premium for a flop top. So, I'm wondering if the car is being hoarded and stored by collector visionaries.

I wanted to hear your take on the lack of supply.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Where have all the "6" roadsters gone.

I would put my roadster up against anyone. I modded it until I was told I couldn't use at an NHRA track do to no roll cage. So I went out and modded a coupe....but, I didn't take off the go fast parts on the roadster. I jus left them and started all over with the coupe. Supposedly less than a thousand out there, so I wouldn't think too many SRT6 roadsters would be for sale. Most roadsters are fair weather cars and usually garage kept. I would say more coupes are on the market for sure...

Old 09-03-2014, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I would put my roadster up against anyone. I modded it until I was told I couldn't use at an NHRA track do to no roll cage. So I went out and modded a coupe....but, I didn't take off the go fast parts on the roadster. I jus left them and started all over with the coupe. Supposedly less than a thousand out there, so I wouldn't think too many SRT6 roadsters would be for sale. Most roadsters are fair weather cars and usually garage kept. I would say more coupes are on the market for sure...
Two modded SRT's are a good thing doc.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Max
I know my SRT6 roadster has all the earmarks of a collector car. I figured that I would be dead before it commanded any serious money. However, I've noticed that you can't find them for sale. Coupes yes, but roadsters no. I can currently find only one for sale." Performance only guys" aren't going to pay a high premium for a flop top. So, I'm wondering if the car is being hoarded and stored by collector visionaries.

I wanted to hear your take on the lack of supply.
Mr. Max
The database for the SRT6's is updated with new number totals for the Coupes and Roadsters for 2005 and 2006. Scroll down to the bottom of the PDF file and the new numbers are listed, quite a change from the original report of 2016 Coupes and 928 Roadsters from 2005! The update was given to us by a forum member (htimothyh) that works at Chrysler, but no detail to those numbers.

Even the 2006 model SRT6's are not as rare as we once thought.....
Dennis
DTMenace
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...continued.html

Last edited by DTMenace; 09-04-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by DTMenace
Mr. Max
The database for the SRT6's is updated with new number totals for the Coupes and Roadsters for 2005 and 2006. Scroll down to the bottom of the PDF file and the new numbers are listed, quite a change from the original report of 2016 Coupes and 928 Roadsters from 2005! The update was given to us by a forum member that works at Chrysler, but no detail to those numbers.

Even the 2006 model SRT6's are not as rare as we once thought.....
Dennis
DTMenace
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...continued.html

Thanks DTMenace, Those are different numbers.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

4000 out of nearly 80K isn't too bad... Still a low production number when you think about it....

Old 09-23-2014, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a guy in my home town who had 2 SRT6's, I bought the coupe for my wife and he had the roadster still up for sale about a week ago, Check the site "infomall.ca".
Its up here in Canada, northern Alberta, but he purchased the car in California, and ours in Florida.I do believe the price tag was around 24000.00 but best to check it out.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by SAMIAM
There was a guy in my home town who had 2 SRT6's, I bought the coupe for my wife and he had the roadster still up for sale about a week ago, Check the site "infomall.ca".
Its up here in Canada, northern Alberta, but he purchased the car in California, and ours in Florida.I do believe the price tag was around 24000.00 but best to check it out.

Welcome to the forum Samiam.