Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

supercharger whine

Old 07-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: supercharger whine

Originally Posted by bbsrt6
so i have a stock srt6 and don't hear the sc at all. if i install just a nw dcai or an sl55 cai will i be able to hear the sc whine?
As an owner of a NW DCAI I suggest you just keep in mind:

Super Charger whine is sometimes called a narcotic.

Important information You should not use if you are allergic to it, or if you have an uncontrolled breathing disorder, a bowel obstruction or frequent asthma attacks or hyperventilation.
It can slow or stop your breathing. Never use in larger amounts, or for longer than needed. Supercharger whine may also be habit-forming, even at regular doses. Never share this sound with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep it in reserve.

MISUSE OF Supercharger whine CAN CAUSE ADDICTION, OVERDOSE, OR DEATH, especially in a child or other person using without proper restrant

Get emergency medical help ifafter use you develope breathing problems, blue lips, or severe drowsiness, or if you cannot wake up from sleep.
Before using supercharger consider

You should not use if you are allergic to it, or if you have:
  • untreated or uncontrolled asthma or other breathing disorder;
  • a bowel obstruction; or
  • frequent asthma attacks or hyperventilation.
This can cause dangerously slow breathing and may cause death.
To make sure this is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
  • liver disease;
  • asthma, COPD, sleep apnea, or other breathing disorders;
  • curvature of the spine that affects breathing;
  • kidney disease;
  • a history of head injury or brain tumor;
  • low blood pressure;
  • blockage in your digestive tract (stomach or intestines);
  • a gallbladder or pancreas disorder;
  • underactive thyroid;
  • Addison's disease or other adrenal gland disorder;
  • enlarged prostate, urination problems;
  • mental illness; or
  • a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether this will harm an unborn baby. May cause breathing problems, behavior changes, or life-threatening addiction and withdrawal symptoms in your newborn if you use during pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant.
See also: Pregnancy and breastfeeding warnings (in more detail)
Do not breast-feed while using.
Older adults may be more sensitive to the effects.

How should I use?

Follow all directions. May slow or stop your breathing. Never use in larger amounts, or for longer than needed.

May be habit-forming, even at regular doses. Never share this with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. MISUSE CAN CAUSE ADDICTION, OVERDOSE, OR DEATH
Use with food or milk if it upsets your stomach.
Drink 6 to 8 full glasses of water daily to help prevent constipation while using. Do not use a stool softener (laxative) without first asking your doctor.
Do not stop using suddenly after long-term use, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when you stop using.

What happens if I overdose?

Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose can be fatal. Overdose symptoms may include slow breathing and heart rate, severe drowsiness, muscle weakness, cold and clammy skin, pinpoint pupils, and fainting.
What should I avoid?

Do not drink alcohol. Dangerous side effects or death can occur. Check your food and medicine labels to be sure these products do not contain alcohol.
Supercharger whine may impair your thinking or reactions. Avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how this will affect you. Dizziness or severe drowsiness can cause falls or other accidents.

Side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat noisy breathing, sighing, slow breathing with long pauses between breaths; being unusually sleepy or hard to wake up; blue colored lips.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
  • slow heart rate, weak pulse, fainting, shallow breathing;
  • feeling like you might pass out;
  • confusion, agitation, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
  • feelings of extreme happiness or sadness;
  • seizure (convulsions); or
  • problems with urination.
Common codeine side effects include:
  • feeling dizzy or drowsy;
  • nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
  • constipation;
  • sweating; or
  • mild itching or rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)

Old 07-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by miamitvr
as an owner of a nw dcai i suggest you just keep in mind:

super charger whine is sometimes called a narcotic.

important information you should not use if you are allergic to it, or if you have an uncontrolled breathing disorder, a bowel obstruction or frequent asthma attacks or hyperventilation.
It can slow or stop your breathing. Never use in larger amounts, or for longer than needed. Supercharger whine may also be habit-forming, even at regular doses. Never share this sound with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep it in reserve.

misuse of supercharger whine can cause addiction, overdose, or death, especially in a child or other person using without proper restrant

get emergency medical help ifafter use you develope breathing problems, blue lips, or severe drowsiness, or if you cannot wake up from sleep.
before using supercharger consider

you should not use if you are allergic to it, or if you have:
  • untreated or uncontrolled asthma or other breathing disorder;
  • a bowel obstruction; or
  • frequent asthma attacks or hyperventilation.
this can cause dangerously slow breathing and may cause death.
To make sure this is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
  • liver disease;
  • asthma, copd, sleep apnea, or other breathing disorders;
  • curvature of the spine that affects breathing;
  • kidney disease;
  • a history of head injury or brain tumor;
  • low blood pressure;
  • blockage in your digestive tract (stomach or intestines);
  • a gallbladder or pancreas disorder;
  • underactive thyroid;
  • addison's disease or other adrenal gland disorder;
  • enlarged prostate, urination problems;
  • mental illness; or
  • a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
fda pregnancy category c. It is not known whether this will harm an unborn baby. may cause breathing problems, behavior changes, or life-threatening addiction and withdrawal symptoms in your newborn if you use during pregnancy. tell your doctor if you are pregnant.
see also: pregnancy and breastfeeding warnings (in more detail)
do not breast-feed while using.
older adults may be more sensitive to the effects.

how should i use?

follow all directions. May slow or stop your breathing. Never use in larger amounts, or for longer than needed.

May be habit-forming, even at regular doses. Never share this with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. misuse can cause addiction, overdose, or death
use with food or milk if it upsets your stomach.
Drink 6 to 8 full glasses of water daily to help prevent constipation while using. Do not use a stool softener (laxative) without first asking your doctor.
Do not stop using suddenly after long-term use, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when you stop using.

what happens if i overdose?

seek emergency medical attention or call the poison help line at 1-800-222-1222. an overdose can be fatal. overdose symptoms may include slow breathing and heart rate, severe drowsiness, muscle weakness, cold and clammy skin, pinpoint pupils, and fainting.
what should i avoid?

do not drink alcohol. dangerous side effects or death can occur. Check your food and medicine labels to be sure these products do not contain alcohol.
Supercharger whine may impair your thinking or reactions. Avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how this will affect you. Dizziness or severe drowsiness can cause falls or other accidents.

side effects

get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat noisy breathing, sighing, slow breathing with long pauses between breaths; being unusually sleepy or hard to wake up; blue colored lips.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
  • slow heart rate, weak pulse, fainting, shallow breathing;
  • feeling like you might pass out;
  • confusion, agitation, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
  • feelings of extreme happiness or sadness;
  • seizure (convulsions); or
  • problems with urination.
common codeine side effects include:
  • feeling dizzy or drowsy;
  • nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
  • constipation;
  • sweating; or
  • mild itching or rash.
this is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to fda at 1-800-fda-1088.
see also: side effects (in more detail)
lol........

Old 07-13-2015, 09:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow..After reading all those warnings and symptoms I'll give it another thought before I floor it. The dual NeedsWings intake with a 185 crank pulley makes a nice whine. If you have your supercharger off your car,and want to go to the next whine level you could have a qualified welder to weld in the 4 silencing ports with pugs. Leave a small space behind the 2 welded in plugs of the supercharger intake side so it's oil can vent. Squirrel Crusher

Old 07-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by philosophico
I beg to differ, the top windshield trim piece blowing off at 120+ mph is all mopar.

Mos def not MB quality right there.
Technically, he said "inside."

After installing the NW's DCAI, I could hear the whine. Even more consistently after replacing the intercooler pump last weekend.

Last edited by Power Sedan; 07-14-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuK_138
Whines a heck of a lot louder with a DCAI and K&N X-Stream filters. So much so that cops can hear it from about 100 feet away in their squad car....that was expensive!
I can hear Chuk when he drives behind me. YEP.......it Whines......sounds GREAT !!

Old 12-19-2017, 02:48 AM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My apologies that whine I was getting after turning the car off my Y pipes hoses clamps wasn't tight tighten the clamps no hear whine upon startup or shutdown meaning turning off the vechicle

Old 12-20-2017, 05:38 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by blackpepper
My apologies that whine I was getting after turning the car off my Y pipes hoses clamps wasn't tight tighten the clamps no hear whine upon startup or shutdown meaning turning off the vechicle
You have replied in a two year old thread, your thread is the next one down on the SRT forum.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

https://youtu.be/ot7RbNAKKOk