Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Dyno Results...Comments/Suggestions?

Old 09-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Results...Comments/Suggestions?

Attached are the results from today's pulls. I have limited modifications that include
1. 62mm EC pulley
2. Single CAI from NW

First pull he did in gear 3 and had almost 400lbs of torque, which makes sense because that's where I felt the greatest effect after the pulley change. Second pull was a 4th gear pull at 5800rpms, and the numbers are self evident. 350HP at the wheels, 342lbs of torque. AFRs were 12.2. He says the HP was on a steady climb and he could have got a few more at redline. Torque leveled off.

Now, I'm a little disappointed because I expected 350 numbers in both torque and HP. I have no tune, and this guy is saying that the benefits of an EC tune don't warrant the cost. Thoughts? He said that AFRs indicate a good ratio, and he feels like exhaust and a TCU tune are the answer.

I don't really know what is good or bad with these SRT6 motors as my experience is with carbuereted small block Chevy motors or Mopar big blocks. He said the numbers are solid, but I've seen a lot of comments that show better torque and around 5-6HP increase with similar modifications. HOWEVER, those comments rarely have a dyno sheet with results. So.....give me some input gentleman. Will an EC canned tune boost these numbers enough to get excited about? Are these normal numbers for the limited mods I have?

Your input is appreciated.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20160907_154633.jpg (2.23 MB, 25 views)

Last edited by Michael11; 09-07-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Default Re: Dyno Results...Comments/Suggestions?

Originally Posted by Michael11
Attached are the results from today's pulls. I have limited modifications that include
1. 62mm EC pulley
2. Single CAI from NW

First pull he did in gear 3 and had almost 400lbs of torque, which makes sense because that's where I felt the greatest effect after the pulley change. Second pull was a 4th gear pull at 5800rpms, and the numbers are self evident. 350HP at the wheels, 342lbs of torque. AFRs were 12.2. He says the HP was on a steady climb and he could have got a few more at redline. Torque leveled off.

Now, I'm a little disappointed because I expected 350 numbers in both torque and HP. I have no tune, and this guy is saying that the benefits of an EC tune don't warrant the cost. Thoughts? He said that AFRs indicate a good ratio, and he feels like exhaust and a TCU tune are the answer.

I don't really know what is good or bad with these SRT6 motors as my experience is with carbuereted small block Chevy motors or Mopar big blocks. He said the numbers are solid, but I've seen a lot of comments that show better torque and around 5-6HP increase with similar modifications. HOWEVER, those comments rarely have a dyno sheet with results. So.....give me some input gentleman. Will an EC canned tune boost these numbers enough to get excited about? Are these normal numbers for the limited mods I have?

Your input is appreciated.
Well i made 361/361 with a 65mm pulley on a 100 degree day. I had the 65, bigger manifolds, downpipes,tune, and the dcais. I have the 185 pulley now which makes same boost as your 62.. and im hoping for over 400/400 this winter

Last edited by Zoodust; 09-07-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:43 PM

Those are HUGE numbers! Really solid. I suppose considering the limited mods I have those are good numbers then. I honestly have no idea what to expect as these are new cars for me to be working with. I guess I'm happy with the outcome....but those are monster numbers you are putting up. I thought about the EC Tune but I don't know if they can push me or not. Maybe this guy I saw today is right, exhaust should be my next step, Congrats on some great numbers!

Old 09-07-2016, 08:46 PM

Those are HUGE numbers! Really solid. I suppose considering the limited mods I have those are good numbers then. I honestly have no idea what to expect as these are new cars for me to be working with. I guess I'm happy with the outcome....but those are monster numbers you are putting up. I thought about the EC Tune but I don't know if they can push me or not. Maybe this guy I saw today is right, exhaust should be my next step, Congrats on some great numbers!
Thank you very much man! Yes, your numbers are awesome as well for what you have done. If you ever have any questions with anything just let me know I can't wait to redyno this winter

Old 09-07-2016, 08:56 PM

Let me ask you, do you think a Eurocharge tune will give me much more, based on your experience?

Old 09-07-2016, 08:59 PM

Let me ask you, do you think a Eurocharge tune will give me much more, based on your experience?
YES! Get the the tune next hands down.. it will add a good of amount of power and reaponsivness.. and for the fact that if you ever put mods on in the futer you can retune and squeeze out the most hp for every mod you install. Talk to Jerry at eurocharged and he will hook you up.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:02 PM

That makes sense. Being able to change tune based on mods is a good benefit. I'll look into it. Thanks a bunch for your input. Much appreciated.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:07 PM

That makes sense. Being able to change tune based on mods is a good benefit. I'll look into it. Thanks a bunch for your input. Much appreciated.
Of course, any more questions just inbox me. Since your still kinda new to car check out the srt6.com page on facebook! My good buddy Philip created the page and website, and i help moderate it all. Alllll kind of great info there.. also on facebook check out the chrysler crossfire market, a lot of performance parts on there!

Old 09-07-2016, 09:09 PM

Checking it out right now. Thanks alot!

Old 09-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Your numbers are right on the mark, or even a bit high, for a Mustang dyno and your mods. You can find around 16 hp by removing all 4 cats but after that ….. not even long tubes unleash much more. If you want trophy numbers find a dyno jet. If you want to know how strong your engine really is go down the 1/4 mile and tell us your mph. And yes, a tune is worth it, especially if it's a dyno tune instead of an email tune.

Les

Old 09-07-2016, 09:21 PM

Thanks a lot Les. I've read a lot from both of you two, and respect your advice. Sounds like the tune is the next step for me. Looking back at it, the guy doing the dyno looked kind of confused when I walked away mumbling about being disappointed. His shop was full of sports cars, and he kept saying "damn, I WISH some of these cars had your numbers!" I'm definitely getting the tune and then doing another pull. The 1/4 I'm holding off on until I get the tune, but here in Tucson we have drag night every Friday, as many runs as you want for $20.00 so that's definitely on the agenda. Thanks a lot for the input.

I actually went to his shop for a dyno tune but he couldn't access the ECU. He said it was "locked." He ended out referring me to Eurocharge. Basically he couldn't access the ECU................?

Last edited by Michael11; 09-07-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:10 PM

You could call Dynocomp in Scottsdale to find out what they charge. They can tune our cars. My engine put out around 270 hp with a 65mm pulley and Needswings single intake. (no tune, mustang dyno) An email tune got me to 300 hp. Afterwards Jerry tuned my car long distance using my shops laptop and dyno and we got 320 hp.
Here's the last dyno I've done. I trap from 116 to 117 mph in the 1/4 mile … well, in truth I haven't been to the track in a few years and need to see where I'm at in 2016.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LeslieCrossfire.pdf (69.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 09-08-2016, 12:02 AM

I'm trying to figure this out. The guy who dynoed me today kept asking who tuned my car before. I bought it in Maryland and had it shipped in. He seemed to think it had a tune. My numbers are really strong for my mods. I don't have a history on the car. But I will say that 62mm pulley was instant horsepower and torque. I felt it immediately upon install. I'm going to call EC and have a chat with them. Maybe I should make a cuple of runs and get a time on it.
I will keep Scottsdale in mind. Thanks!

Last edited by Michael11; 09-08-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:43 AM

I'm trying to figure this out. The guy who dynoed me today kept asking who tuned my car before. I bought it in Maryland and had it shipped in. He seemed to think it had a tune. My numbers are really strong for my mods. I don't have a history on the car. But I will say that 62mm pulley was instant horsepower and torque. I felt it immediately upon install. I'm going to call EC and have a chat with them. Maybe I should make a cuple of runs and get a time on it.
I will keep Scottsdale in mind. Thanks!
I'd also maybe look into a 55 fuel pump or some step bigger injectors if you plan on running with a 62mm pulley .. just to be safe

Old 09-08-2016, 08:59 AM

Is that the G55 pump?

Old 09-08-2016, 09:16 AM

AFR's of 12.2 are close to perfect IMO. I don't believe you need the SL55 pump or injectors, yet.

Les

Old 09-08-2016, 09:26 AM

The dyno operator said the same. AFRs are great and he felt we are "safe." Les, help out an old school motor builder here and tell me what a tune accomplishes for these cars. Back in the day we played with fuell, timing, plug gap, coils, and exhaust. What is it a Eurocharge tune is doing?

Last edited by Michael11; 09-08-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
AFR's of 12.2 are close to perfect IMO. I don't believe you need the SL55 pump or injectors, yet.

Les
I didn't even notice the pic he posted lol.. my bad

Old 09-08-2016, 02:33 PM

I started making some calls to figure out why I had the results I got based on the limited mods I have, and why the tuner couldn't access the ECU. Best answer is that it has a custom tune and the tuner locked the ECU. Now the dillema is do I try to flash it and risk going backwards or leave it alone. I'm calling EC later to see if they did the tune and have the car registered. The car came from out of state so I have no idea what its history is.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:13 PM

I started making some calls to figure out why I had the results I got based on the limited mods I have, and why the tuner couldn't access the ECU. Best answer is that it has a custom tune and the tuner locked the ECU. Now the dillema is do I try to flash it and risk going backwards or leave it alone. I'm calling EC later to see if they did the tune and have the car registered. The car came from out of state so I have no idea what its history is.
I'd email Jerry or Philip at Eurocharged and tell them your situation and ask for them to email you a replicated tune file that has been previously made for your vin.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results...Comments/Suggestions?