Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Old guy tricks again for you, enjoy

Old 09-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Old guy tricks again for you, enjoy

I was getting back into autocrossing and had to find and install my slicks for next weekend. With several sets of tires mounted it is important to keep the pieces straight for successful wheel swaps. Specifically all wheel are not the same thickness and the stud bolts need to be correct or they will hit and screw up the rear brakes components.

For me I color code the wheels and studs so that I can keep it all straight and not have a wheel come off in a hard turn ( been there and done that in a dodge daytona ). My studs are measured and matched for the various rim sets so that I dont re-invent the wheel --- pun intended.

The photos are self explaining: Wheel and stud ideas - hints, by waldig | CrossfireForum

The first tool I made for the crossfire some 4000 posts ago, was a wheel stud fashioned from a bolt I got at Fastenal company. Grinding off the head made the long stud that I hand tighten to aid installing wheels. Iam durn near 70 so it helps with wheels that are getting heavier each year, ha ha.

I hope these ideas may inspire more or your own and if you come up with one, share it with the community, everyone benefits. Wdy

Old 09-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Old guy tricks again for you, enjoy

That is a great idea. I two sets of slicks, mounted on different size wheels. 17's and 16's. This would make it a lot easier when swapping them around. I also run some 5mm spacers from time to time and this would help there as well. Thanks Professor...