Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what this means?

Old 08-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone PLEASE tell me what this means?

My '05 SRT-6 is showing this message in the mileage window. When I open the door, it shows the cars mileage as it always has, which will stay there until I turn the key to "on". Once I turn the key to "on", (whether I start the car or not) I get an audible "bing" sound, the trip miles window goes blank (as pictured) and it shows this "message" in the mileage window, that looks like a small "clock", what appears to be a "wrench", and a "dash" mark, followed by that number "20". The "clock", "wrench" and "dash" icons stay lit solidly, and the number "20" blinks approx 16 times, and then the mileage (and trip mileage) returns as normal. It wont show this "message" again, unless I turn the car off, and either turn the key to "on" again, or start the car... then it shows that same "message", in the same way, as described above. As a side note, the blinking number is always "20".

The car runs absolutely perfectly... no power loss,, no "Check Engine" light, no other "warnings", nothing. I dont ever recall seeing this before. I did have the car transported from NY to Florida, but there were only a couple of tenths of a mile on the car between me dropping the car off to be transported, and after it came off transporter, which I witnessed (no issues there, and in other words, no one drove it other than to get it onto the transporter).

I cant imagine that having it transported would have caused this, and given the way it runs and drives (perfectly, exactly as it always has) it doesnt seem like anything major, but Im stumped as to what this is or what it means.
So, can anyone (please!!) shed any light on what this "readout" means?
Thanks for any help that can be given!!

Last edited by Nikko; 08-13-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:39 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts
Default Re: Can someone PLEASE tell me what this means?

Look in your owner manual, it means you are 20 miles overdue for service.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
Look in your owner manual, it means you are 20 miles overdue for service.
I WOULD have looked in my owners manual, but Im in the process of moving (hence the car having been on a transporter) so my owners manual is packed in a box and in the possession of a moving company at the moment. The movers have not arrived in Florida yet.
Especially since I am literally in the process of moving as I write this, I dont even have a place to bring the car at the moment.
The oil was changed less than 100 miles ago, disconnecting the battery (both terminals) didnt get the message to stop coming up, and the car only has 22,900 miles on it.

Do you have any ideas regarding what kind of service needs to be performed on a car with such low mileage? Is it simply some sort of general service? Again, with no "Check Engine" light showing, I dont imagine its anything to sweat.

THANK YOU for your response, BTW!!

Old 08-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikko
I WOULD have looked in my owners manual, but Im in the process of moving (hence the car having been on a transporter) so my owners manual is packed in a box and in the possession of a moving company at the moment. The movers have not arrived in Florida yet.
Especially since I am literally in the process of moving as I write this, I dont even have a place to bring the car at the moment.
The oil was changed less than 100 miles ago, disconnecting the battery (both terminals) didnt get the message to stop coming up, and the car only has 22,900 miles on it.

Do you have any ideas regarding what kind of service needs to be performed on a car with such low mileage? Is it simply some sort of general service? Again, with no "Check Engine" light showing, I dont imagine its anything to sweat.

THANK YOU for your response, BTW!!
This is the service summary as a PDF. CLICK
I'll add the other type of chart later, you have the 'one wrench' service due it is a small one and you can easily do it yourself no panic at the moment.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SERVICE.pdf (202.6 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-13-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
This is the service summary as a PDF.
I'll add the other type of chart later, you have the 'one wrench' service due it is a small one and you can easily do it yourself no panic at the moment.
Thank you VERY much for that info. All that stuff in the PDF was done already (recently), so it seems I just need to reset the FSS indicator.

Again, massive thanks!! Im gonna sleep a bit better tonight because of the info you posted!!

Old 08-13-2017, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
This is the service summary as a PDF.
Thank you VERY much for that info. All that stuff in the PDF was done already (recently), so it seems I just need to reset the FSS indicator.

Again, massive thanks!! Im gonna sleep a bit better tonight because of the info you posted!!

(Sorry... this got posted twice somehow, but getting a "double thanks" is well deserved in this case)!!

Last edited by Nikko; 08-13-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:16 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

(Sorry... this got posted twice somehow, but getting a "double thanks" is well deserved in this case)!!
My pleasure, no thanks required ................. just send money.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:00 AM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

... so my owners manual is packed in a box and in the possession of a moving company at the moment. The movers have not arrived in Florida yet.
Why not in the glove box of the car?

Old 08-14-2017, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
Why not in the glove box of the car?
Because it was on the nightstand next to my bed for months, and I would read parts of it when I felt like doing that. With all that goes on when moving out of state, I forgot to put in back in the car before it went on the transporter, so it went in a box when packing up my house.
Anyway, I reset the FSS per these instructions posted by forum member "Spensley" (thank you, Spensley), so all is back to normal now:

RESETTING THE FSS MAINTENANCE INDICATOR AFTER AN OIL CHANGE

1. Move the ignition switch to the “RUN” position.
2. Within 4 seconds of moving the ignition switch into the
“RUN” position, press the reset button for the trip odometer
twice within one second. The display for the FSS service
request is activated for 10 seconds
3. During the 10 seconds the FSS service request is displayed,
move the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.
The FSS service request will continue to be displayed.
4. Press the reset button for the trip odometer and
hold.
5. Move the ignition switch to the “RUN” position
6. Continue to press and hold the reset button for the trip
odometer (about 10 seconds) until the audible signal
sounds and the new start distance appears in the display.
The tool symbol should disappear at this time.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

I"m on Crossfire #3, 90,000 miles of self-done oil changes, and I still pull out my little FSS card from the glove box to reset that thing every time.

I simply CANNOT memorize the exact procedure.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I"m on Crossfire #3, 90,000 miles of self-done oil changes, and I still pull out my little FSS card from the glove box to reset that thing every time.

I simply CANNOT memorize the exact procedure.
+1. Same with the instructions to program the ECU chip.