Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

NW down pipes

Old 12-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NW down pipes

QUESTION. Ppl with 6 that have NW catless down pipes are they worth the $800. Thanks.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NW down pipes

Well i can tell you this, they were perfect fit, very easy to install, they're stainless steel, gives the needed bung for wideband 02 sensor, eliminates a few pounds of weight, increases exhaust sound(not extreme, but very noticeable when full throttle), and help get hot exhaust out faster. Now i haven't dyno'd them or gone to the track yet, but i am very happy i purchased them. The price was a tad high compared to other catless systems I've purchased, but much better quality. There isn't a truck load of mods you can get for these cars..say compared to mustangs, camaros, wrxs, or challengers. I'm happy to support Rob at needswings, as he's doing a great job for all of us crossfire owners who indeed do want to modify our cars. Now to answer your question of "are they worth $800", i say in my opinion..."YES"!! $800 is reasonable for a mod that offers all the things i listed above, i realise you were looking for a performance standpoint answer..i.e. did they make your car faster. I can't really answer that. Sorry! The only thing i did differently was replace my original mounting bolts with s.s. bolts, washer, and nuts, because my originals looked crappy on such a nice exhaust. So i look at it like this...if I'm gonna modify my car, lets say 1 or 2 mods per year. The catless pipes were this years mod(and wavetrac). I can live with spending money, because next year it'll be a new mod or 2 and i won't even have to think about the downpipes in the equation because they're already done! I hope you get other opinions on this subject as well. Have a very merry christmas too!
E.