Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

For the Detailing Experts

Old 11-08-2006, 04:42 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default For the Detailing Experts

Your Opinion?

http://www.5starshine.com/ppc/sp.html?cache=5

Old 11-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Re: For the Detailing Experts

No thanks, I need to feel a "special connection" to my ride. I don't believe anything will last that long on the car and besides, car guys would never want something like that and how about the price, yeah right.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: For the Detailing Experts

I'm no expert but, it sounds too good to be true so...Well you know what they say. It would be great if it worked though.

Last edited by marauderroy; 11-10-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:12 AM
FP

Originally Posted by Aero Blue
No thanks, I need to feel a "special connection" to my ride. I don't believe anything will last that long on the car and besides, car guys would never want something like that and how about the price, yeah right.
I can't disagree with the "special connection" point. I would just like to have the best solution on keeping my car shiny. I have a black car, and hate the swirl marks that I constantly see when the sun hits it, even after waxing. This is why I'm asking the pro's for their opinion.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

If anyone tries it, please let the rest of us know how well it does.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hahaha...this was one of the first detailing products I heavily researched...From what I remember, the people who tried the stuff says it is a marginal product. It last a decent amount of time, which is fine. The biggest fuss is that it does not leave the rich gloss or shine of some of the more exclusive products such as the those offered by P21S, Pinnacle, Klasse, Menzerna, etc...

FP Pro Martinez,
Here's my near-pro opinion...the absolute best waxes, regardless of price and quality does not do anything to prevent scratches and swirls...you need to POLISH to remove swirls, and proper wash techniques to help prevent future swirls. This is the MILLIONTH time I've told ppl this! I'm not mad or anything, it's nobody's fault b/c most consumers are mislead with products. But, I will say that in a couple of weeks or even months, I would like to do a write-up on how to detail a car properly.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:15 PM
FP

What's a good polishing product?

Old 11-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FPMartinez
What's a good polishing product?
my favorite is a product called: diamond luster.

many haven't heard of it... b/c it not available on the retail market. its non-abrasive and is one of the best polishes out there imo. they call it a wax... but i use it as a polish and then apply a hard carnauba paste wax over top of it for added longevity.

fpmartinez... trust me on this one... if you buy it and don't agree... i will purchase the quart from you + shipping cost.

link: http://www.diamondlusterwax.com/cata...18/2440358.htm

Old 11-11-2006, 06:00 PM
FP

Thanks Andrew, can this product be applied by hand, or do I need to buy a buffer?

Last edited by FP; 11-11-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Forum Regular

Today was my weekly wax day... I washed the car, then applied a coat of Meguirs deep crystal polish, followed by a coat of Meguirs NXT tech wax. The mirror finish it created on my black car is outstanding. The sun reflects off of it and blinds me. I'm still waiting on the Klasse AIO to arrive which I've heard is even better!

Old 11-11-2006, 06:10 PM
FP

Yep, I like Meguirs. I have this product now, but I would like to start with a good base. I would like to get rid of any swirl marks. They are not that bad, but I want a perfect finish. I'm 'hearing that polishing takes care of the swirls marks. Should I use clay, and if so should I polish before or after clay?

Old 11-11-2006, 06:17 PM
FP

Originally Posted by golfdude
This is the MILLIONTH time I've told ppl this! I'm not mad or anything, it's nobody's fault b/c most consumers are mislead with products. But, I will say that in a couple of weeks or even months, I would like to do a write-up on how to detail a car properly.
I hate to ask a dumb question, but was is ppl?
I would love to see the pro's write up on "how to detail a car properly". I hope you get a chance to complete it, and share it with us.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Forum Regular

When I bought my car, it had some swirls in the black paint from sitting so long...This is what I did and it looks great now.. I started by using a professional random orbital buffer (16 lbs weight) that I borrowed from a friend who owns a detailing company. Using that buffer, I applied a 2,500 compound followed by a swirl mark remover from 3M. After that, I washed the car followed with a clay (i used the meguiars kit). After claying the whole car, I used meguiars deep crystal hand polish. After that I finished up with meguiars NXT tech wax. The mirror finish is amazing. The only downfall with the NXT is that it only last 3-4 weeks.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:25 PM
FP

Originally Posted by blacklimitedcoupe
When I bought my car, it had some swirls in the black paint from sitting so long...This is what I did and it looks great now.. I started by using a professional random orbital buffer (16 lbs weight) that I borrowed from a friend who owns a detailing company. Using that buffer, I applied a 2,500 compound followed by a swirl mark remover from 3M. After that, I washed the car followed with a clay (i used the meguiars kit). After claying the whole car, I used meguiars deep crystal hand polish. After that I finished up with meguiars NXT tech wax. The mirror finish is amazing. The only downfall with the NXT is that it only last 3-4 weeks.
This is exactly what I mean as the "base", getting to a point where you have this mirror finish. Now instead of the NXT, should we consider a long lasting product such as the one at the beginning of this thread?

Old 11-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Forum Regular

Yeah, I've ordered some Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant Glaze, which I've been told lasts much longer. We'll see... But I understand what you mean about the "base." It took me a few weeks of working on it to get it the way I wanted. After that, it's much easier to maintain.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:32 PM

Wow...blacklimitedcoupe I feel bad that you used a 16 lb orbital buffer. The Porter Cable weighs I believe between 6-8 lbs!

ppl = people...sorry for the instant messenger jargon!

FPMartinez...I left you with my #...call me and we can talk.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Forum Regular

I used a 16 lbs. buffer on purpose. It's a random orbital at very low speed. It is made for removing swirl marks -- The weight helps remove them. It worked very well.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:41 PM

I'm interested to know who makes the buffer? For true "cut," a rotary is the way to go, but at the cost of needing a learning curve to use the rotary effectively and safely. Oh, and, clay before you polish to remove the contaminant in the clearcoat. This will help reduce the dirt grabbed by the pad that you get. Ever notice when you wax your car your pad turns black? That is what a clay bar helps remove.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Forum Regular

I do a lot of automotive painting as I restore classic mustangs for a hobby so I'm quite experienced with a rotary buffer. My paint was in very good condition, just had the swirls. I was going to use my rotary with a swirl mark remover until a friend recommended the 16 lbs. random orbital. I used it with the 3M compound and it worked much better than the rotary. I like to use the rotary for removing light scratches and imperfections, but I found the random orbital better for the fine swirls. I'm not sure who made the r/orbital, but I'll try and find out.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:02 PM
FP

Originally Posted by golfdude
Wow...blacklimitedcoupe I feel bad that you used a 16 lb orbital buffer. The Porter Cable weighs I believe between 6-8 lbs!

ppl = people...sorry for the instant messenger jargon!

FPMartinez...I left you with my #...call me and we can talk.
Thanks guys, this type of information is becoming very helpful.
Blacklimitedcoupe, I took a look at your car on your gallery, very nice.
Golfdude, I will take you up on your phone offer.

Thanks,
FP

Quick Reply: For the Detailing Experts