Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Zaino

Old 07-22-2003, 10:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino

Ok, after reading a million different reviews, I took the plunge and bought the Zaino "wax" product. I actually ordered the wash, polish, enhancer and gloss. I will go through the whole "process" this weekend and report back my findings. From everything I've read, it's the best out there (even over Crystal Guard.) Time will tell...

Old 07-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Forum Regular

Man, that sounds complicated.

It has been a while since I had a collectable which I spent time hand washing myself. Those fun days are here again and I'll be breaking out my buckets and polish cloths again it seems.

How complicated are these multi-stage wax products to use?

Can you mess up if you don't do it just right?

Old 07-24-2003, 12:00 AM

I've been using Zaino for several months now. First on my son's 02 Firehawk & 68 Firebird. Now on my new baby. The initial process is pretty labor intensive. You have to wash with Dawn dishwashing liquid (which strips off any wax on the car), then you apply the Z2 treatment, wipe it off and then apply the Z6 gloss enhancer. It's easy to apply & remove. All that's needed is 2 or 3 applications of Z2 over a period of a couple of days. After that you just wash with Zaino car wash, dry, apply a mist of Z6 & wipe it dry again. The paint is protected from acid rain, bird doo & all manner of nasty stuff. And the gloss is awesome.

With all that said, Crystal Guard sounds like a superior product. Wish I'd known about it before I put Zaino on. :x May take the Zaino off & try it.

Old 07-24-2003, 12:08 AM
imported_mightyjlr

CrystalGuard is a very good product. It actually gives a superior shine than Zaino, it's easier to apply, it lasts longer, and requires less maintenance. It is just starting to gain popularity now that people are hearing about it and trying it out.

Old 07-24-2003, 01:58 AM
Forum Regular

What is the process involved with CrystalGuard MightyJlr?

Zaino definitely sounds a little much of an adventure for me. I don't think I have that level of patience or rather enough available time to do it.

Old 07-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Forum Regular

Here's a link for a person that did a comparason on the two, and Zaino won hands down. I think it maybe a toss-up, but people swear that Zaino you get a more 3D and liquid effect--that's a quote. I ordered the Zaino product (you don't need to clay bar a brand new car) and will apply this weekend if I get an opp. Read these links (don't hold it against the people because it's on a Z :lol: :

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=36923

Old 07-24-2003, 11:52 AM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by mouserider
What is the process involved with CrystalGuard MightyJlr?

Zaino definitely sounds a little much of an adventure for me. I don't think I have that level of patience or rather enough available time to do it.
IT depends on which CrystalGuard product you get. The one most people use is CrystalGuard quick. It is simply the easiest way to get a good shine on a car. All you need to do is spray, spread and wipe. There is also a Pro Application Kit which contains a Primer, Pro Base and Top Coat. Obviously that way is more time consuming, but the finished product is even better.

texex... The person on my350z.com compared CrystalGuard quick to a 2-3 step Zaino process. The CrystalGuard quick probably took 20 minutes to apply, while the Zaino took much longer, over a period of two days. Also, if he had compared the Pro Application Kit to the Zaino, I'm sure the results would have been different. That's a much fairer comparison.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:56 AM
Forum Regular

Fair point. My Zaino is arriving today, and I'll be applying tomorrow. I'll post pics later this weekend. I bet it's one half dozen another--once you put Zaino on, it's easy to keep up. If anyone has used CG please post pics.

Either way, the Crossfire will turn heads no matter what product you use :lol:

Old 07-24-2003, 11:57 AM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by texex91
Either way, the Crossfire will turn heads no matter what product you use :lol:
True

Old 07-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Forum Regular

Hey Texex, adventurous enough to do half the car in Zaino and leave the other half stock so we can see the difference? :lol:

Just kidding.

Old 07-25-2003, 11:28 AM
Forum Regular

Heck no!

I will post pics though so you can see the shine. I will do before and after pics though.

Old 08-12-2003, 10:58 AM
Default Zaino

Hey Guys,

Please advise how soon the Zaino wax should be applied. Is it best to apply immediately, or is it OK to wait 6 months to a year? Thanks.

Old 08-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Forum Regular

Put it on ASAP 8) Why would you want to wait to get that protection and shine?? Plus it will save you from having to clay the car, since it's new. Get some asap and get it protected.

Let me know if you have any questions on what to get or how to apply. It was really easy to apply and remove (have to get the ZFX for a rapid dry).

Enjoy...

Old 08-13-2003, 04:39 PM

Got the Crystal Guard Quick today, I'll be trying it this weekend if weather permits. It's been raining just about every day for the past 2 months. My Crossfires been in the garage a lot. I've used Zanio on my Pt Crusier for the past couple of years. Its the best. I'll do the Crossfire with CG and let you know my opinion of which is better. But, I gota say Zanio is hard to beat. But, the CG sounds a lot easier to use. Especially on a new car, just whip it on. My Pt is white so its does't show as well as darker colors, especially black. Silver isn't noted for a great look either, but I'll give CG a try.

Old 08-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Forum Regular

jimbo:

With the new Zaino ZFX, it only takes 20 minutes to dry--very easy to use versus just Z2 before that would take 2-3 hours.

Old 08-13-2003, 08:27 PM

ZFXSounds great. I've used the Z1, with the Z2. ZFX wasn't available when I got the Zano. I am going to try the CG, but I don't think it will match the Zanio. I checked out ZFX on their web site today.

Old 08-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Default Tiny scratches....

:cry:
Went to wash my Graphite Z4 and found tiny scratches on the roof. I have no idea how they happened. I have bottles of the NU FINISH car wax and used that in several coats to try and buff them out but it did not work. I just ordered the series ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6 (Glass polish) and some of the towels. I am hoping that the Z5 will do the trick on the roof scratches. Does anyone have any experience with Z5 on any of their other cars. I'm hoping that it will work.
My plans are:
1. Take before pictures
2. Wash with DAWN to remove the wax.
3. Use ZFx with Z5 on the roof to hide the scratches
4. Do it again until they are hidden.
5. Put 2 or 3 coats of Z2 with ZFx on.
6. Use Z6 on the Glass and mirrors.
7. Take after shots and post them.

Any corrections or guidance on this process would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-16-2003, 10:19 AM
Forum Regular

You are doing the right thing. It depends how "deep" the scratches are in the roof. Are they just micro fine scratches or deep into the clearcoat? Z5 is the way to go to try and remove any marks in the paint--several coats would be good--do the whole car though, not just that one area. You mentioned Z6--it's a GLOSS ENHANCER, not a GLASS cleaner. Spray Z6 on the car and wipe down in between your Z2 applications--makes a huge difference. Z12 is their glass cleaner--DO NOT put Z6 on your windows! Go to the Zaino site and read how to apply the products--just to make sure you do it correct. They will also send you an instruction sheet.

I have about 4 coats of Z2 (w/ZFX) on my Crossfire and it's awesome! After your first coat it will be 10x easier to apply on the second, third, etc... If you have any questions let me know (it seems comfusing to use Zaino--but it's really not, and you will be happy with the results!)

Let us know how it comes out!

Old 08-16-2003, 11:43 AM
Default scratches

The scratches can definitely be felt. I have no idea how they got there but they are very small. I did get the Z12 for the windows just got confused when I was putting in the steps. I'm really looking forward to Zaino'ing my car. I am going to England for a few days on business...gonna miss driving my car!!!
Thanks for the help and I will post pictures!

Old 08-16-2003, 05:11 PM

I'll have to cancel the CG / Zanio comparison for now. I just traded my 6 Speed for an autostick. I tried the CG on the rear panel though and it does improve the facroty gloss. I use the Zaino on my white Pt Crusier and its looks great. I think the Zanio has a "deeper shine." It's Hard to get a good shine on white, but I haven't seen anything better. The "CG Quick" is very easy to use. I haven't used the Zanio with ZFX, but it soounds like its a lot easier to use the Z1/Z2. I'll try the test when I get the Alabaster X-fire. For now I'd go with the CG Quick f you are looking for quick, easy, but very good shine. It's really quick & easy. Zaino for hard core profectionist, with a lmore of time.

Quick Reply: Zaino