Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Zaino

Old 09-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used Zaino or Crystal Guard on the Alabaster Crossfire. I amwondering if anything can make the white look deep and wet

Old 09-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Forum Regular

Try Zaino--go look at my pic gallery on the reflection. Have not on a White Xfire, but the black is VERY deep and wet.

Old 09-03-2003, 11:37 AM

Hey Willie, I did my Alabaster Crossfire with Crystal Guard Quick. I woundn't call it "deep" but it looks good and provides protection according to CG. It's very easy to apply. For a Deep luster try Zanio Bros, its great, but some work. I'll be posting some pictures today I hope.

Old 09-04-2003, 02:39 PM

OK I ordered my CG Quick today after it arrives and the @$#@$ rain stops I will give it a go and see if it really works on Alabaster. Will try to post some pictures before and after

Old 09-13-2003, 04:36 PM

Thanks Tex, I got some of the ZFX, made it a lot easier - no waiting - also Z18 (Clay Bar) check out my album for some picks.

Old 09-22-2003, 02:01 PM

Finally got to try the CG Quick. As everyone has stated it goes on real easy and left a pretty deep shine on my Alabaster Crossfire. I used the car wash first then the CG Quick. I am really happy with the results and I didn't have to spend much time or elbow grease. The only problem is my girlfriend wants me to do her car now that she has seen the difference in mine

Old 10-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Zainoed my ride last weekend: two coats of Z-5 with ZXF (something like that). Took three hours. The car looked fantastic when I was done but I imagine if I had put two coats of ear wax on it would also have looked great.

I washed it today and was impressed with the bead action. It appeared that the water just did NOT want to be on the car. It looked like I could have stopped after the initial rinse since the dirt rinsed right off. If this slick surface lasts for a few months, I'll be a believer.

Old 01-14-2004, 11:55 PM

I'm no expert, but according to car detail guys I've talked to, ANY kind of DISH DETERGENT is BAD NEWS and will DESTROY YOUR PAINT. Like I said, I'm no expert, but I believe the pro's who told me this, so you may want to think twice about it...

Old 01-14-2004, 11:57 PM

P.S.
It takes awhile, it happens over time... today's dish detergents are too harsh for water-based paints. Also, Pat G. from Motorweek has said that for years.

Old 01-15-2004, 05:42 AM

Dish detergent breaks down grease ...... Wax has the same properties as grease so if you use dish soap you are washing away the wax. Plus drying out your paint.

oct3171 is 1000% correct.

Old 01-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Forum Regular

Yes, washing your car everytime with dish detergent is foolish. However, in order to apply Zaino effectively, you only was it with dish soap ONCE, then apply the Zaino products. You don't wash it ever again with dish soap, just the very FIRST time to strip off any old wax, etc... Believe me it works better than any wax or protectant out there.

Old 01-15-2004, 09:11 AM

I'll stick with my Good Ol' trusted Mother's I've said it before..... If I lose a show because of my shine then I may think about switching. In the meantime, I'm winning trophies (2 for 2). I've even detailed the engine compartment w/Mother's.

Old 01-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WMichaels,

Way to go!!! What kind of shows are you entering and what class are you winning? 8)

Correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't Mother's go on easy and come off hard leaving fine powder behind that you have to wipe off when you're done??? I may be thinking of another product, just curious. I've tried so many products over the years I may have Mothers' mixed up with another product. :wink:

Have you ever tried Zymol? Easy on, easy off. I don't know how it holds up to repeated washings tho. Very rarely do I take soap and water to my vehicles living here in AZ. Once or twice a week I go over the car with Meguiar's Quick Detailer to keep the dust off. I wax the car two or three times a year.

Old 01-15-2004, 11:37 AM

The First show I entered was run by a local P/T Cruiser club. They put me in with all MOPARs. I got 1st in class.

The second show was put on by a local Mustang club. The class me with "Late model 2 seaters" again I got 1st in class.

I don't have any big problem with wax dust. When I get to the show site I too use an Instant Detailer (Mother's of course ), just to put a final shine on it and get the road dust off.

If you haven't seen it yet....Greased Lightening has a wheel cleaner that works fantastic. It does the best job of any of the cleaners I've used at desolving and removing brake dust. Just spray it on, wait 60 seconds and rinse it off. Your wheels look fantastic!!!

Old 01-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WMichaels,

Okay... you got my curiosity up. I went out earlier this afternoon and bought a bottle of Mothers "Pure Carnauba" wax phase three.

Some observations... Mothers vs Zymol:

Mothers is not the same product I remember
(no residual dust that I thought it left behind.).

Mothers goes on/comes off easier than I
remembered (Zymol comes off almost as easy).

Mothers leaves a little bit of haze, you have to
make sure it's buffed completely out. (Zymol you
wax, buff, spray a mist of water on and buff out
again to set the wax).

Conclusion:

Mothers is faster and takes less effort.

The shine... hard to tell, both looked the same.

The winner... Mothers by a hair!!!

I think I'll stay with Mothers for a year and see how it holds up under the harsh Arizona sun.

Old 01-16-2004, 07:31 AM

I think you'll like it...... I rarely use the liquid wax I primarily use Mother's California Gold paste wax. It too goes on and come off very easy. I don't know that the shine is any better with one or the there..... I'm just "Old school" and think (just by it's consistancy) that the paste wax is giving better protection..... I don't know that, that's actually the case. It's just the "Old school" in me :lol: .

Old 03-20-2004, 10:30 AM

Zaino Bros. is simply amazing. And, with the new ZFX drier it is quick and easy. Just my 2.

Old 03-20-2004, 10:43 AM

My son gave me a box of Mothers stuff for Christmas. I've used it on my PT Crusier, and its just about as good as Zaino. Really amazing, I remember very well the old Simonize Days when a lot of Rubbing compound and elbo grease was required to get a good shire & some protection for the paint. Had to rub hard & Quick to get the paste wax off.
Todays' products are great.

Old 03-20-2004, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by AirData
Zaino Bros. is simply amazing. And, with the new ZFX drier it is quick and easy. Just my 2.
I'm sold. I've done two cars the past two weekends. It was a lot of work (I did the clay bar on both) but the results were outstanding. Now I need to use the leather cleaner & protectant, window cleaner and tire dressing that came yesterday.

How often do you use the polish? I live in a dry climate so plan to do it twice a year tops.