Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Who fixes DINGS

Old 04-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who fixes DINGS

If you get a small ding in a door do you go to a body shop or are there people that can fix and air brush? Do you just leave it alone. Does the full door get repainted? Really don't know the procedure for small touch ups and dings. Ron

Old 04-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Who fixes DINGS

I would have to say it depends on the size of the dent and what kind of dent, creases are the hardest to get out. If the paint is not broken down to the metal it should be able to be bumped out, and not have to be painted. There are a lot of companies that do this kind of work and they maybe can come to you or you can take it to their shop. Dent Doctor is one name I have used, you might try calling any dealership in your area ( since the use the same kind of people that do this stuff ) and ask them who they use, and could they give you their phone number. hope this helps you out.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:13 AM

Agree .....

Old 04-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kingkub57
I would have to say it depends on the size of the dent and what kind of dent, creases are the hardest to get out. If the paint is not broken down to the metal it should be able to be bumped out, and not have to be painted. There are a lot of companies that do this kind of work and they maybe can come to you or you can take it to their shop. Dent Doctor is one name I have used, you might try calling any dealership in your area ( since the use the same kind of people that do this stuff ) and ask them who they use, and could they give you their phone number. hope this helps you out.
Thanks
This is a great video on dent and ding removal. I think its fantastic! Just click on one. Vídeos de DING REMOVAL en VIDEOS.es Ron

Old 04-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

There are a lot of companies that do this, I have a mobile guy that will come to my house if need be. Some of the other companies are called Dent Wizards, Dent Doctor......look in the phone book. The other way is to go to any high end dealership and ask them who they use. Most of these guys are mobile, my guy has a network of dealerships he covers. The dent can not be on a crease and if the paint is broken then it needs body work, they can't fix those. I had 26 hail dents on my black PT and they fixed every one, you didn't even know they were there and it took them one morning not days in a body shop. PM me if you are having trouble locating someone.
Pat

Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM

I had hail damaged on my Subaru Impreza and Dent Doctor got them all out. Hood,roof,trunk damage was awful but they made it look like new. I did have to leave car though. 6 has 2 door dings... 1 on driver side door and 1 on rear quarter panel. 1 on passenger side door. They are fairly small and no creases or paint chip. Got to have fixed asap!Most will not notice it unless looking down the side of car or at an angle but I know where they are and my eye spots it almost everytime.