Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Zaino users!!

Old 04-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino users!!

I purchased the zaino system (Z-2, ZFX, Z-6, Z-7) but I didn't get the Z-5 scratch remover, and Im wondering if I should have. My xfire is graphite and it has streaks, not swirl marks, like all of the other xfires had at the chrysler dealers. Have any of the other xfire owners with graphite or black had success with just Z-2, or has anyone tried the Z-5 before Z-2 and had good results.??. I would rather not order the Z-5 if I don't have to...

Old 04-05-2004, 10:10 PM

Hi Stevo,

I used Z5 before Z2. My car has what I would call swirl marks and it reduced their appearance. I've only done Z5 once since I've had the car but plan on doing so again in then next 2 weeks. I'd recommend it.

Dennis

Old 04-05-2004, 11:04 PM

Hmmm... I was loooking at a Black Crossfire at the dealer today... beautiful sunny day here in Sterling Heights... but the swirl marks were insane:-\... with all our previous chrysler cars they touch them up perfect before they give you the car but i still worry about getting a black one... what do you think?

Old 04-06-2004, 08:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PolskiPrince
Hmmm... I was loooking at a Black Crossfire at the dealer today... beautiful sunny day here in Sterling Heights... but the swirl marks were insane:-\... with all our previous chrysler cars they touch them up perfect before they give you the car but i still worry about getting a black one... what do you think?
My black xfire looks good in the sun. I found that using Tech wax by Meguires and putting it on in a back and forth motion leaves no swirl marks.

Old 04-06-2004, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by PolskiPrince
but i still worry about getting a black one... what do you think?
Just one of the reasons I'll never again own a black car. Even the slightest bit of dust/dirt and she don't look clean either.

It rained for 4 days straight here. Even though it's not 'clean', looking at my baby from more than a few feet away it doesn't look dirty. I've been able to say that on the past 1/2 dozen vehicles I've owned...always white.

Old 04-06-2004, 10:24 AM

I thought about getting white, but I already have a white blazer. Did'nt want an overload of white :shock: I said I would never own another black car again too, but after seeing the crossfire in black, I had to have it. Just have to work a little harder to keep it looking good. I figure I was going to do that any way. I love my :P 8) black xfire

Old 04-08-2004, 09:55 AM

Yeah Polski, I bought mine from Monicatti in Sterling Heights... I test drove the extremely scratched black one, but I bought the graphite... I think that the cars are being scratched after transit, not at the dealer, because all of the ones I looked at around Metro Detroit are the same way.. Oh well, ill just have to put on some extra coats of zaino.. if it ever gets nice enough outside to wash and wax.

Old 04-20-2004, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stevo
Yeah Polski, I bought mine from Monicatti in Sterling Heights... I test drove the extremely scratched black one, but I bought the graphite...
Yeah, that's where we were going to get my mom's 300m a year ago until the owner turned out to be a real a-hole... so we went up to Orchard Chrysler on Van Dyke and 30 mile or around there... I'm getting my Crossfire sometime before school gets out ( June 10th for us still in High School ops: ) I think we're going to go with Monicatti seeing as its about 2 miles away from home... just hope the service there is going to be better than their sales were a year ago :? How is Monicatti treating you? That's probably one of my biggest concerns with buying the Crossfire. Having a good home dealer for it. Anyways, my dad said that when you buy a car, before you pick it up, they prepare it really nicely for you. My dad's foreign and he loves to argue and get his way when buying things, so I'm sure he'd force Mr. Monicatti himself to clean those scratches up before he buys it :twisted: . Good to know there's somebody on here buying from the same place I am...

Old 04-22-2004, 01:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually put Z5 first, let it dry then apply Z2 before buffering it manually. Z5 works good on the swirls, scratches and it's always good to alternate or combine the two Z2 and Z5 followed with the gloss enhancer to keep a deep shine.