Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

tech wax

Old 04-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tech wax

Just used Meguiar's tech wax today. What a difference it makes when you use a synthetic wax. By far the easiest wax to put on and buff out. You wax the whole car and let it cure for 15 min. then buff it out. What a glossy deep shine! And no wax dust to deal with when you take it off.

Old 04-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just washed and used the Maguires high tech wax and it looks good. No swirls can be seen in my black car

Old 04-10-2004, 03:14 PM

I used to use Zymol and it worked pretty good. I put a coat of Mothers on a few months ago, it lasts almost as long as Zymol. I put a coat of tech wax on last week... real slippery, water just rolls off. I'll give it a few months to see how it holds up under the hot summer sun here in Arizona.

Update to follow :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Old 04-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Forum Regular

I also just used the tech wax for the first time. I used to be just a pure carnuba guy, but this tech wax is awesome. What a shine!!!!
I am hooked. I wonder if I can use it to wax up Britney Spears...

Old 04-11-2004, 02:21 AM

No comment on the Britney Spears remark, but I'm going to use the tech wax soon when I first wax my new crossfire. I even got the clay bar to use first so should be an amazing shine. Stay tuned...

Old 04-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Forum Regular
Default Tech wax

Did mine the other day and it does look good. Easy on and off, and no white mess!

pics in gallary

Old 04-11-2004, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by gregthegr8
No comment on the Britney Spears remark, but I'm going to use the tech wax soon when I first wax my new crossfire. I even got the clay bar to use first so should be an amazing shine. Stay tuned...
gregthegr8,

I could be wrong, check the directions on the clay bar package before you buy it... I don't think you need to use it on a brand new car unless you have a lot of crude on it. Maybe someone else has some inputs on this.

Found this on the Mequiar's website.... http://www.meguiars.com

Quik Clay Detailing System:

Every day, vehicle paint finishes are bombarded with a wide variety of airborne contaminants. Here are just a few of those that can cause the surface to become dull and rough: tree sap mist; paint overspray; industrial fallout; hard water deposits; diesel fuel exhausts; rubber particles from other cars; insect droppings; Bug splatter _ And much more! The Meguiar's Quik Clay Detailing System safely and quickly removes all these contaminants and restores crystal clear reflections and slickness. The Quik Clay system includes a specially formulated non-abrasive clay bar that safely lifts off the contaminants as the surface is lubricated with Quik Detailer. Instantly, paint is restored to a shiny, smooth as glass finish and is ready for wax protection to be added. Without this technology, many car owners would have been left with only more expensive alternatives to restore their investment.

Old 04-12-2004, 02:45 AM

Thanks AZ Outlaws. I probably don't NEED to use the clay bar on the new car, but I do have a lot of crud on there from the dealer prepping - black lines that didn't seem to wash off. I always like to do the clay before I wax though because it makes the surface like glass before even applying the wax. But, I need my car to look good so it stands out come May 15 and we all drive up the CA coast.

Old 04-12-2004, 06:25 AM

I used the Mothers clay bar on mine before I waxed it the first time. There was a lot of crap from the shrink wrap on my paint that was not removed when the dealer detailed the car. The clay bar got it all off with no problem.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:44 AM

i also just used the tech wax on my black xfire...i am very impressed as well. just about the easiest stuff i've ever used and really decreased the hairline scratches in the clear coat from the dealer. has anyone run across meguiar's estimate for how long it will last before it needs to be reapplied?

Old 04-12-2004, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by goat
i also just used the tech wax on my black xfire...i am very impressed as well. just about the easiest stuff i've ever used and really decreased the hairline scratches in the clear coat from the dealer. has anyone run across meguiar's estimate for how long it will last before it needs to be reapplied?
I'm going to put it on once a month. That seems to be about the best time to do it.

Old 04-13-2004, 08:24 AM

souonds good. that's what i had decided i would do...i just want to stop back at the dealer and show them what it's supposed to look like now! hehe. by the way, got my luggage yesterday....only took 12 days.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by goat
souonds good. that's what i had decided i would do...i just want to stop back at the dealer and show them what it's supposed to look like now! hehe. by the way, got my luggage yesterday....only took 12 days.
Thats good! The luggage is sharp 8) 8)

Old 04-13-2004, 05:17 PM

Bought the tech wax today, some special cloths to wipe it off with, and will be applying it in the coming week after I use the clay bar. Stay tuned for my feedback as I am really particular and ****, so will definitely give it a very tough critique.

Old 04-13-2004, 07:02 PM

Oh, and anyone considering trying the tech wax, check out the video on www.meguiars.com in the product shop when you click on the nxt tech wax. They show a car having it applied and the difference between the treated and non treated side and it really does look several shades deeper and darker. Hmm, maybe it can turn my SSB into an actual silver or charcoal that I wanted, somewhere in between the SSB and graphite.

Old 04-13-2004, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by gregthegr8
Oh, and anyone considering trying the tech wax, check out the video on www.meguiars.com in the product shop when you click on the nxt tech wax. They show a car having it applied and the difference between the treated and non treated side and it really does look several shades deeper and darker. Hmm, maybe it can turn my SSB into an actual silver or charcoal that I wanted, somewhere in between the SSB and graphite.
Greg,

The stuff is good, easy on and very easy off. Very slick. Really can't tell the difference on a SSB car as is shown on the black car in the video... I still think you'll like it. :wink:

Old 04-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Forum Regular

Hmm, maybe it can turn my SSB into an actual silver or charcoal that I wanted, somewhere in between the SSB and graphite.
I feel your color deprevation. I also wanted to get this car in a more pure silver color. I think Chrysler missed the boat on the color choices for this car. I would have liked to see more a color like they show on thier ads. When seeing the SSB color in person, it looks more like a powdery blue than silver. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice color. Just a little too feminine for me. ( I know I will get flamed for this comment, so let em' fly. Just one mans opinion, that's all)

A happy Graphite owner.

Old 04-13-2004, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by knowit
Hmm, maybe it can turn my SSB into an actual silver or charcoal that I wanted, somewhere in between the SSB and graphite.
I feel your color deprevation. I also wanted to get this car in a more pure silver color. I think Chrysler missed the boat on the color choices for this car. I would have liked to see more a color like they show on thier ads. When seeing the SSB color in person, it looks more like a powdery blue than silver. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice color. Just a little too feminine for me. ( I know I will get flamed for this comment, so let em' fly. Just one mans opinion, that's all)

A happy Graphite owner.
Okay, here goes... flame :arrow: flame :arrow: and more flame... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

A happy SSB owner.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:17 PM

Knowit - I am with you. I sat at the dealership for hours, staring at the graphite and the SSB side by side. I'm so ****, I swore I'd never get a black car again (owned black cars my entire life), so wanted a silver/grey/charcoal. My problem with the colors is that they change on you and really play tricks on my eyes. The graphite one minute looks like what i'd want (at its lightest) and the next minute it looks so dark it's almost brown or purple. I figured, the graphite is so dark, I might as well get black, which I was trying to avoid. Plus, I didn't really like the two tone thing then with the silver around the windshield, on the sides, and the door handles. So, I seemed to get the SSB almost by default. When it looks blue I don't like it that much, but when it looks silver, I'm happy.

The beauty of the SSB and its femininity is that not only did it come with free luggage, but a free dress to wear when I drive it. hehe.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Forum Regular

Hey, maybe that color will attract more females to it. So in the end I guess I am the one that is on the losing end.

Greg, it is all in the spin you put on things.

Quick Reply: tech wax