Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

tech wax

Old 04-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, and for you AZ. Your car is not feminine. Not with a six speed anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

shoot, I am gonna get flamed for that one too.

Old 04-13-2004, 11:09 PM

No point in having stick driving in L.A....would never make it out of second gear with the horrific traffic. And um....I have no left leg...so couldn't work the clutch....yaaaaa....that's it....that's the ticket.

Old 04-25-2004, 03:06 PM

Yesterday I finally used the tech wax and I don't know if it's cause it's a silver car or cause it's only 2 months old, but I honestly don't think the tech wax is anything special. I'm a little disappointed in it and spent a lot of time yesterday washing, using a clay bar over the entire car, and then applying the tech wax...expected better results. There are still fine scratches in the roof I thought for sure it'd get out, and while the surface is smooth, I don't see it visually outperforming any other wax I've ever used. Just my 2 cents. Maybe I'm just mad I don't have a graphite or black car where I could REALLY see a difference...hehe.

Old 04-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg,

Hope you don't think I over reacted when I recommed the Tech Wax. What you said is true... I did not notice a big difference in the shine. I think that is due mainly because of the color of the SSB cars. See my post above. It's slicker than owl snot tho!!! Water just rolls off, so that's a good thing. I hope it lasts a little longer in the hot AZ sun than the other products I've used.

Old 04-25-2004, 09:16 PM

Ya, we'll see how it lasts and does over time, I just don't see what all the hype is about. I may send it back to get my $15 back. Why not, free wax+money back...everybody wins...except Meguiar's of course, but they have enough of my money. =)

Old 04-26-2004, 11:24 AM

I wonder if the clay bar changes the way the high tech wax works. My black car still looks good and it's almost a month. I use calif duster several times a week.

Old 04-26-2004, 12:44 PM

If anything, the clay bar makes it work better. The clay bar just takes surface contaminants off, and takes that dealer prep black crud off really easily. The surface was smooth like glass before putting the wax on. I just didn't see how it was any better than the meguiar's gold class, which I've used in the past. Then again, I've had black cars my entire life and you can REALLY see a difference when you wax a black car. But on the SSB, I dunno. Time will tell how good this tech wax is and how it holds up.

Old 04-26-2004, 12:55 PM

I used the Tech Wax on a white car (non CF) and didn't see it as better than Meguiars Cleaner Wax. Will try it on my wife's black Jeep.

Is the clay bar used only where you see blemishes (like bug splats or bird s***) or actually over every square inch of the car? Thanks.

Old 04-26-2004, 01:03 PM

I use the clay bar over every square inch with instand detailer after washing before I wax.

Old 04-26-2004, 01:13 PM

I was debating this clay bar issue the other day cause really only a few areas on the car needed the clay bar and I would have saved a lot of time and energy had I only done those areas, but I did the whole car and there's always little pieces of crap and stuff all over, so if you have the time, might as well do the entire car.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Forum Regular

My last car was silver metalic, so I know what you are talking about with the lack of any real earth shattering visible results. The protection is the same, but some colors just shine better than others. Take black for instance, brand new right out of the paintbooth, there is nothing finer. But take it out into the real world and it is a slowly degrading shine until it has to buffed and polished again. White however seemd to look good all the time. No wet your pants gloss, but it looks clean. The darker the color the better the gloss but the more the upkeep. How much do you want to wax and polish? It is up to you. By the way, my other two cars are black and white so I do know what I speak of.

Old 04-26-2004, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by knowit
My last car was silver metalic, so I know what you are talking about with the lack of any real earth shattering visible results. The protection is the same, but some colors just shine better than others. Take black for instance, brand new right out of the paintbooth, there is nothing finer. But take it out into the real world and it is a slowly degrading shine until it has to buffed and polished again. White however seemd to look good all the time. No wet your pants gloss, but it looks clean. The darker the color the better the gloss but the more the upkeep. How much do you want to wax and polish? It is up to you. By the way, my other two cars are black and white so I do know what I speak of.
Black and white here too. White is low maintenance as far as shine goes. Black needs alot more
care to keep it glossy. Figured I was going to give my black xfire more loving care anyway. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Old 04-26-2004, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Marvin Hickman
Originally Posted by knowit
Black and white here too. White is low maintenance as far as shine goes. Black needs alot more
care to keep it glossy. Figured I was going to give my black xfire more loving care anyway. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
teehee... while you folks are busy waxing and polishing your black CF's to get a good look, we Alabaster's are out lookin' good already and cruizin... :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Old 04-26-2004, 08:11 PM

And us SSB owners are trapped in the middle, doing all the waxing and polishing for no reason!!

Old 04-27-2004, 08:19 AM

Good looks are already there, Just preserving it. :wink:

Old 04-30-2004, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by gregthegr8
And us SSB owners are trapped in the middle, doing all the waxing and polishing for no reason!!
Greg,

Don't fret... our shine is there, it's just cloaked. I highly recommend the NXT Tech Wax.

Old 04-30-2004, 07:45 PM

I used the Tech Wax last Friday, this Friday hit it with Eagle Wax As-You-Dry --- WOW !! Didn't think Alabaster could shine like this. I might have found the key to a good shine and no swirl marks.....Will see how it looks in a couple of days... Sure trned a lot of heads down on the South Sound.....

Old 05-31-2004, 12:07 PM

Hi all,

Tried Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax, all I can say is goood Bye Zaino.

It's easly on and very easy off. I think I get just as good a shine as Zaino.

Plus I can see this wax on the car, as I could not see the Zaino.

I would recommend, try it, you will like it.

I used a clay bar first to clean the car, It will have it's first birthday tomorrow, June 1st.

Old 05-31-2004, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by prowler39
Hi all, Tried Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax, all I can say is goood Bye Zaino.
Glad you like it!!!

Old 06-01-2004, 03:05 PM

Used tech wax first time last week. Even with the Scottish weather the car has that just waxed feel to it after a wash.

Took a week to get the wax over here but, now the car shop I get my stuff from will stock with regular McG's line up.