Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

We need this glass/chrome cleaner!!!

Old 05-29-2004, 12:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We need this glass/chrome cleaner!!!

Yesterday I had the windshield in my montero sport replaced by safelite... I asked the guy what they used and told him about my zaino glass polish... he shook his head and pulled out this can of "PROGrip".

Holy smokes it got the film of junk off my glass front door on the first try and cleaned my autoglass windows in one wipe. It is for chrome too and it made my Crossfire badges look real good. Never used a product like this before and I can not find it anywhere online... there is no upc for this but it is made by "Service Autoglass". I have a feeling it is only for safelite but there has to be a supplier somewhere!

If someone can locate where we can buy this stuff then post it here!

Thanks,

-marc

Old 05-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Forum Regular

well here is a list of the warehouses that have to stuff... I will try to call them on tuesday and ask who their distributers are, but if you find something on line then drop a line.

http://www.serviceautoglass.com/locations.jsp

-marc

Old 05-30-2004, 11:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like you said, it is likely a product intended only for industrial/commercial users, not for sale to the general public. We have a lot of products like that where I work. Shame, cuz some of it's REALLY good stuff, but are likely not sold publicly due to hazardous contents that our litigous public would sue the daylights out of the manufacturers.

Please do let us know if they'll sell it. I've tried practically every glass cleaner sold and not 100% satisfied with the results of any. I've been using some optical polish from work, but it's VERY expensive (it's for small optical lenses, enough to do a Crossfire is about $50!) and you have to wear gloves while using if you like to keep skin on your fingers.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Forum Regular

no dice yet. The company put me in touch with a local company that uses the cleaner bt the do not sell retail. They gave me the number forthe warehouse that distributes it. I called them but they have no retailers that they sell it to nor will they sell it to me unless I am a business.

I got another email into the manufacture. If that turns up then we may be SOL.

-marc

Old 06-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drunkiq
no dice yet. The company put me in touch with a local company that uses the cleaner bt the do not sell retail. They gave me the number forthe warehouse that distributes it. I called them but they have no retailers that they sell it to nor will they sell it to me unless I am a business.

I got another email into the manufacture. If that turns up then we may be SOL.

-marc
Do you have ANY friends that own a business? Strike a deal with a local auto shop, give 'em the cash up front to order a case for you? I mean, if this stuff is THAT good there's gotta be a way... :wink: